Talk

Advanced search

To think if you’re regulated by the HCPC then you shouldn’t go on Naked Attraction?

(92 Posts)
Ponddering Sun 12-Jul-20 23:11:45

AIBU?

OP’s posts: |
RabbityMcRabbit Sun 12-Jul-20 23:13:13

I cannot understand why anyone would go on that show, it's absolutely awful!

slipperywhensparticus Sun 12-Jul-20 23:14:20

Is there a rule about it? I mean is it actually covered under guidance?

Serin Sun 12-Jul-20 23:15:45

YANBU but then we have politicians making tits of themselves in the Jungle confused

Ponddering Sun 12-Jul-20 23:16:24

slipperywhensparticus

Is there a rule about it? I mean is it actually covered under guidance?

I’ve just had a look. One of the standards of proficiency is “understand the need to maintain high standards of personal and professional conduct!”

Nikhedonia Sun 12-Jul-20 23:17:08

I don't understand why anyone would go on naked attraction

Ponddering Sun 12-Jul-20 23:17:37

Actually, I’ve just realised that the “contestant” in question was a student nurse and so not covered under the HCPC, but the NMC instead. But the question still stands!

SkelingtonArgument Sun 12-Jul-20 23:18:26

What’s the problem? Carers shouldn’t get naked? Why ever not?
Disclaimer: I’d rather die than appear naked on TV but that may be because I don’t have a beautiful body

Paleninteresting Sun 12-Jul-20 23:20:51

No, just no.

Ponddering Sun 12-Jul-20 23:21:53

SkelingtonArgument

What’s the problem? Carers shouldn’t get naked? Why ever not?
Disclaimer: I’d rather die than appear naked on TV but that may be because I don’t have a beautiful body

I’d say it brings the profession into disrepute and it shows a lack of professionalism, and poor judgement, for a start...

RHRA Sun 12-Jul-20 23:22:05

YANBU

Paleninteresting Sun 12-Jul-20 23:23:07

Yup, agree with OPs last post.

itswinetime Sun 12-Jul-20 23:24:22

'understand the need to maintain high standards of personal and professional conduct!”

Devil's advocate what's unprofessional about being naked in a time and place everyone expects you to be naked?

I wouldn't do it but surely it's more about what they say and how the act on the show rather than the fact the are naked?

For example would it be worst to be kind polite and respectful yet naked on naked attraction or a drunk slurring arsehole on first dates? Ideally It's probably neither I'm sure but personally if they are a good student nurse and passing everything I can't get worked up if they want to go on tv and get judge naked!

XDownwiththissortofthingX Sun 12-Jul-20 23:26:37

I’d say it brings the profession into disrepute and it shows a lack of professionalism, and poor judgement, for a start...

By being naked?

Presumably naturist beaches are off limits then?

I don't understand how being naked can possibly be a reflection on someone's professionalism, nor how it brings their profession into disrepute. They're going on the show as a private individual, they're not breaking any laws, acting indecently or offensively, or in any way that diminishes their ability to carry out their role.

Paleninteresting Sun 12-Jul-20 23:26:47

NMC code of professional standards- justify public trust and professional standards.
This falls far shy of the mark.

MushyPeasAreTheDevilsFood Sun 12-Jul-20 23:31:09

Are you chasing a student nurse out of nursing with a pitch fork... for being naked?

How angry were you about the current cabinet’s drug habits? Did you chase Gove With a pitchfork? youd have my full backing on that one Have you started threads appalled at Johnston’s personal And professional conduct?

AnnaSW1 Sun 12-Jul-20 23:34:46

It's just a body. What's wrong with that. Do you have weird body issues?

Ponddering Sun 12-Jul-20 23:35:46

It isn’t just being naked, as well you all know with the faux naïveté!

TBHno Sun 12-Jul-20 23:36:22

Her body, her choice.

There's far bigger things to get worked up over.

Miljea Sun 12-Jul-20 23:36:56

Nope. Apart from the fact the HCPC is an artificial construct designed by the government to create the appearance of professional oversight, but is actually run by Band 2 admin assistants - I would have no issue whatsoever with a nurse, physio or similar appearing on this show.

Yes, it would demonstrate a lack of personal judgment, IMO; but that doesn't conflate with a lack of professional judgement.

AnnaSW1 Sun 12-Jul-20 23:37:39

I think you do have weird body issues. That's a shame.

MushyPeasAreTheDevilsFood Sun 12-Jul-20 23:38:31

Why were you watching it?

DiscoNapper Sun 12-Jul-20 23:40:25

I saw one with a teacher on it, imagine a student or parents had seen that!

XDownwiththissortofthingX Sun 12-Jul-20 23:42:35

I saw one with a teacher on it, imagine a student or parents had seen that!

I know! I'd imagine the sudden realisation that their teacher possessed genitals much like the vast majority of people the world over would have been too much for their minds to handle!

Downfall of western civilisation and all that!

AnyFucker Sun 12-Jul-20 23:44:10

Who is this person to you ?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in