Talk

Advanced search

to be fumimg that hes been sacked yet again!!!

(71 Posts)
PoppyD93x Wed 10-Apr-19 10:24:56

My partner has just been sacked!! I'm so angry with him. Sometimes no matter whos in the wrong you cant keep having a go at your boss!! He's so argumentative can never back down and always has to have the last word. Sometimes in life you just have to grit your teeth and do the job because you need the fucking money!!!

Sorry i just need to rant!! This is the 2nd time its happened in 6 months with the same company. I dont think they will take him back this time.

Topseyt Wed 10-Apr-19 13:06:16

I don't know whether you will ever be sure that you are getting the whole story here, either from your partner or from his employer. Both sound dodgy to me.

It would be a deal-breaker for me too. You won't get to the truth. Nothing will ever be his fault. Is what he says about his employer definitely true, and do you know that for a fact? Getting keys cut without permission to premises you neither own nor lease sounds very risky to me. Criminal really. Could he have taken it upon himself to get the keys cut without telling anyone so that he could get the equipment? Was he caught and has been summarily dismissed for it, so is now trying to blame others for his twattery? I would wonder if that sounds more likely.

I have occasionally had workmen accidentally leave something behind when a job is finished. They just phone and ask about it, and arrange to come back and collect it. They have never had keys cut and just come to help themselves. That would surely be trespassing.

dronesdroppingzopiclone Wed 10-Apr-19 13:07:38

Get rid of him! He's a loser.

PeachesAndMayo Wed 10-Apr-19 13:14:40

Is he in a union? He could get unfair dismissal because of being asked to participate in something dodgy by superiors.

SpannerH Wed 10-Apr-19 13:27:32

People saying get rid of him.

You know nothing about this relationship apart from a few details in a full life of details. Stop trying to pursued people to give up on important things in life when you don't know the ins and outs!

dronesdroppingzopiclone Wed 10-Apr-19 13:30:28

Oh, please, Spanner, she said their relationship is 'a whole nother thread' and he's an unemployed dosser who blames everyone else for his issues. What's important is not wasting time with losers like this just so you can be in a relationship, not hanging on to some waster who's in and out of work.

PineapplePatty Wed 10-Apr-19 14:06:02

Sounds well dodgy to me

Pantsomime Wed 10-Apr-19 14:11:19

Not sure how a company can be dodgy but legit at same time. Short term he needs a job with a legit co, then you need to work out if you want to stay with him longer term- does he make your life better or worse?

PyongyangKipperbang Wed 10-Apr-19 14:20:10

Not sure how a company can be dodgy but legit at same time

Sports Direct?

A company can be legit on paper, but still have very dodgy practices. They may be unofficial company practice such as ignoring the working hours directive and creatively sacking anyone who questions it, or it could be a manager trying to improve their results by dodgy dealings such as the one the OP describes. Of course a company can be both.

bethy15 Wed 10-Apr-19 14:34:37

He's an awful person.

He threatens to take your child off of you if you ever leave him by claiming you're an unfit mother. He throws objects at you in a rage and he can't keep a job.

Seriously, why do you want this?

theWarOnPeace Wed 10-Apr-19 14:36:26

I would be extremely shocked about him cutting the keys for the boss in the first place. That being said, from your other thread he sounds like an immature loser, so maybe not that shocking.

PoppyD93x Wed 10-Apr-19 14:41:39

Its legit as in its an actual company. But they do do dodgy stuff from what i hear. Wouldn't suprise me if they end up on that cowboy builders programme. My partner isnt actually employed by them he sub contracts off of them so those who say about unfair dismissal it doesnt apply to him unfortunately.

I do agree with @SpannerH if im honest. I know you are all sticking up for me and trying to say what's best or what you would do but apart from being a hot head with his job which is a really stressful job often working away and working long hours hes a great dad and tries his hardest to please me (most of the time) no one's perfect. But i can see all of your point of views aswell

theWarOnPeace Wed 10-Apr-19 15:26:42

He’s not a great dad if he threatens to take your child away and is abusive. Nobody’s trying to upset you, but for your own good you need to face the way his behaviour affects not only you, but your children.

bethy15 Wed 10-Apr-19 16:24:56

He's doesn't really want the best for you from your other thread though. Also the threatening to stalk you and things.

He seems pretty toxic.

StarTheGirl Wed 10-Apr-19 16:40:35

Yikes, based on what posters are saying here about your other threads, he sounds just terrible op. Do you really want to stay with him?

StarTheGirl Wed 10-Apr-19 16:40:51

I haven’t seen your other threads btw.

PoppyD93x Wed 10-Apr-19 16:49:11

@starthegirl 90% of the time i want to. I know he sounds terrible but he has changed towards me since being on anti depressants.

New question!!
Aibu to leave him even tho hes changed like he promised he would?

StarTheGirl Wed 10-Apr-19 17:24:15

Oh gosh that’s so difficult op. Based on nothing but what I’ve read here, as I haven’t seen you’re other threads, I just don’t know if I could stay with a man who had threatened to take my children from me. But you know him and the whole situation better than I do and maybe it was his MH problems speaking. Not that it’s an excuse for that, but maybe you think he’s genuinely changed.

Hopefully someone more useful will come along soon flowers!

bethy15 Wed 10-Apr-19 17:51:27

Has he really changed though? I mean he's losing his temper again at work.

Are you treading on eggshells around him, hoping/wishing that his better mood will stay? What did he say when you said this wasn't on, him losing his job? What was his response to all of this?

Maybe you should do the freedom programme that is recommended on here.

PoppyD93x Wed 10-Apr-19 18:20:08

His response was to get annoyed and kick his toys out the pram because im not being supportive of him!!! Supportive of what?! Losing his job by doing something illegal then having an argument about it.

Oh and now he's gone down the shop for some beers. Great.

bethy15 Wed 10-Apr-19 18:33:58

So, where's the difference then?

He's getting annoyed at you, where's this improvement he's made?

PoppyD93x Wed 10-Apr-19 21:36:28

@bethy15 im not sure anymore

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »