Talk

Advanced search

In feeling uncomfortable about this Zara kids ad

(103 Posts)
ASauvignonADay Sun 24-Mar-19 21:49:15

Personally, I don't like it. I think the poses and whole thing is inappropriate for a young girl.

DuchessDumbarton Sun 24-Mar-19 22:23:17

1st one....no clue what you're on about.
2nd one.... no buy appeal at all. I'm sure Zara are devastated by that as I am here discussing their brand on a social media site.

3rd one...holy moly. That is deeply inappropriate and no way would my DD be allowed to be posed by the photographer in that way.
ugh

AnneOfCleanTables Sun 24-Mar-19 22:23:22

The first two shots are ok although overly serious. The third shot is very inappropriate. I'm surprised it was approved tbh.

buckeejit Sun 24-Mar-19 22:24:44

Yep, third one is awful.

steff13 Sun 24-Mar-19 22:26:09

I think in the first two she looks like she's been abandoned. Or shipwrecked.

Goldenbear Sun 24-Mar-19 22:29:31

Yes, I agree, the moodiness is a bit unrepresentative of a child of that age- my 7 year old DD doesn't like much in Zara except the snoopy stuff as I think she hates the formality- we are not the market if this is how they perceive a child to look on holiday wearing their clothes!

Squigglesworth Sun 24-Mar-19 22:29:39

Creepy. Very strange choices. The third one is the worst, but even the first one has a strange pose for a child.

Theimpossiblegirl Sun 24-Mar-19 22:29:45

I agree, I wouldn't want my DD to be photographed like this. Let children be children.

lunar1 Sun 24-Mar-19 22:30:30

They are all creepy in their own way. The last one the worst. My children do modelling work and no way in hell I'd let them be posed like this.

Goldenbear Sun 24-Mar-19 22:34:12

To be fair though my DD almost 8 wants to look like Sky Brown the 10 year old Olympian skateboarder- she likes her style and that she's 'always smiling'.

greathat Sun 24-Mar-19 22:36:43

I really don't like the third one sad

puppy23 Sun 24-Mar-19 22:38:11

I don't really like it, Zara's always got weird advertising though

madeyemoodysmum Sun 24-Mar-19 22:38:48

Yes. I’m not keen. The last one is very suggestive and gives me the creeps

slipperywhensparticus Sun 24-Mar-19 22:39:15

1, why is her crotch dark
2 why is she posed like that?
3, why did her parents allow that shot to be taken

Papergirl1968 Sun 24-Mar-19 22:40:02

Christ, no!
The first one the dress is blowing up - yuk.
The second one is ok but the dress is far too short. No sane parent would buy a dress that looks like the child has already grown out of it.
The third one is by far the worst with the dress rucked up and the model posed on what appears to be a bed.
Tacky...

TellerTuesday4EVA Sun 24-Mar-19 22:43:26

Well it's bloody awful (the dress and style of advert) but I don't think it's enough to make me uncomfortable. Can't see why they thought it made a good advertising campaign though.

ILuvBirdsEye Sun 24-Mar-19 22:43:56

On the whole a very grown up look in all 3 pictures - nothing kiddish about it at all. All three are off - but the last one was the most eww to me.

Pinkbells Sun 24-Mar-19 22:44:35

The last photo makes me uncomfortable, and the fact that the lighting is dark and gloomy, and she is looking so serious. Not a child orientated shoot at all :-(

PineapplePatty Sun 24-Mar-19 22:46:16

Dreadful

dreichuplands Sun 24-Mar-19 22:56:40

These poses seem to have been moved from an adult to a dc (made me realize just how sexualized female clothing is. Last picture is inappropriate.

alaric77 Sun 24-Mar-19 23:02:27

Horrid, kid looks miserable and neglected and in need of a good bath. What’s wrong with bright pictures of kids having fun?

Almost40andweeping Sun 24-Mar-19 23:04:08

First two pics are fine; last one is not but none of them make me want to buy the dress for my child. You can’t see the fabric, the pattern or the cut. It’s just not appropriate. It’s too much of a fashion shoot and not age appropriate

HennyPennyHorror Sun 24-Mar-19 23:05:34

It's the fact that she's not smiling...which is what adult models do.

She's a kid. Should be playing and laughing.

Itssosunny Sun 24-Mar-19 23:06:47

I agree with you, OP. The pictures don't look right.

meow1989 Sun 24-Mar-19 23:08:04

I think the first two are just awkward and bad photos to be honest, the sky looks like really bad photoshop. The third is inappropriate.

I just looked at the other images on the Zara Instagram and they're far worse in my opinion, the child looks unkempt and vulnerable, theres something about the eye contact where she's lying on the bed (not the pics on this thread) that makes me feel really uncomfortable, she looks like an ill or abused child (not a comment on the childs looks, rather the styling, light and staging) and I'm a bit worried that they will appeal to entirely the wrong audience which makes me feel sick.
Who on earth looks at these and thinks "lovely, I'll buy this range"? Grim.

Honeyroar Sun 24-Mar-19 23:09:51

I think that the first picture is the worst, it's blown up to virtually the top of her legs, is clinging, and there's a weird shadow that almost suggests a pubic hair patch underneath. A very strange pic to sell a dress (makes it look so drab!).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »