Lost dream house due to advice of estate agents(108 Posts)
Please try not to fully fall in love with a house until you own it, buying a house is mega stressful and a lot often goes wrong Nd you can loose it at any point.
Learn from this, the vendor has made their choice and keep looking
You're using advice and advise the wrong way round, and that was really difficult to read. Paragraphs and proper sentences are your friend.
They need to do what their client wants. They got a bunch of offers, they assumed from their experience that it would go to best and final, which is the norm, but the seller chose not too.
Everyone else would have been asking the same thing, so the EA would have been calling back and forth to several bidders and that's not how it's done. A bidding war between 1 or 2, then yes but lots of you... it should have gone to best and final. It's not their fault that the seller returned and said no to the norm.
Put in your highest offer by letter today to both EA and vendor
I would write a letter to the vendor and put it through the door x
Well the estate agent has to go with what the vendor wants. You could have put in a higher initial offer if you so wished.
Put in a higher offer. Agent had to pass it on by law
EA represents the vendor. Therefore he can not operate in your best interests. He also cannot dictate to the vendor.
I recently found the perfect house me and my fiancé are currently living with his parents and have been desperately saving to buy our first house together. We wanted a specific area and the perfect house in our price range came up. We went to view the house which needed work doing to it. We put in an over just slightly below the asking price to start off. We was sent an email to advice that there were other people interested on Monday and to be patient with the estate agents as the seller was away. I asked the estate agent if they would make me aware if our offer had been out offered as we was willing to increase a substantial amount. The estate agent advices me to hold off as this was very likely to go to best and final offers as all party’s were very similar positions and similar offers. I went into the estate agents on Wednesday and told them I was feeling very nervous because I really wanted the house I asked for advise on what I should do they advised me to wait and they will be in contact after the seller had been into the office Thursday. Today was the day I waited for a call it got to 1pm I had not received a call, I made a call to the office to make sure they didn’t want me to put the offer in then they said they had the seller in front of them and would be in touch. 4:30pm I received a call to advise that the seller had chosen not to go to best and final offers and picked one of the offers on the table. I am heartbroken I feel I was misadvised we was willing to offer a lot more but they didn’t give us the opportunity, now they are just saying it’s not their choice but the sellers! I understand that but I asked on two occasions for advise on what to do could they not have told me to increase offer if I was willing to do so? Anyone else been in a similar situation. I am not feeling very positive this is the second time we have lost out, we have a 3 year old and we need our own space. We contacted the estate agents explained he asked what was we willing to go to which I told him. he said he would put it to the vendor ( which tells me it must have been higher than what was on the table) the seller said thank you very much but he’s old school and doesn’t want to let anybody else down. I will certainly be learning from this.
Join the discussion
Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Get started »
Please login first.