Talk

Advanced search

AIBU- to not understand all the Michelle Fowler hate?

(73 Posts)
Wootoyou Fri 14-Apr-17 18:40:34

Well the title says it all really. I think the actress is doing her best to play a difficult story line which I'm finding very enticing if I'm being honest. IMO I think it's one of the better storylines eastenders have had lately and would even go as far to say the new Michelle is better than the original!

SLLM Fri 14-Apr-17 18:47:32

I just cannot stand her, there's something I can't put my finger on. I also hate the way she talks. Her storyline and acting makes a mockery of the real michelle

putdownyourphone Fri 14-Apr-17 18:48:50

Her acting is bad. I agree there's something I can't quite put my finger on either - she's awkward and uncomfortable

LemonBreeland Fri 14-Apr-17 18:49:57

Tje way she talks is irritating. She sounds so fake when she says things like 'im and 'em.

She is also very unbelievable as someone a 17 yo would fall in love with.

pinkieandperkie Fri 14-Apr-17 18:54:53

She looks just like Rodney Trotter when she's wearing her beige trench coat.

Birdsgottaf1y Fri 14-Apr-17 18:55:04

She's permanently miserable. Her face never changes, she's like a big black cloud.

Even when she was with Preston, there was no spark of excitement or attraction.

I've watched it from day one and she just doesn't fit in, at all.

Kim and Denise, Shirley and Mick/Sharon/Phil/Ben etc all manage to do complex story-lines with a touch of humour and actual acting.

Birdsgottaf1y Fri 14-Apr-17 18:56:35

I also can't stand the referencing of Pauline and Lou, its just so false.

Wootoyou Fri 14-Apr-17 18:57:09

Rumour has it Susan Tully's contract on the show is supposed to last for another 3 years so that's not good for all of you. confused

Wootoyou Fri 14-Apr-17 18:57:49

Also apparently Preston is supposed to return at some stage.

TalkingSheds Fri 14-Apr-17 19:00:13

Her voice is awful and acting is terrible. I've stopped watching now.

CorporalNobbyNobbs Fri 14-Apr-17 19:00:55

Do you mean Jenna Russell's contract? Sue Tully hasn't been in it since 1995!

Foldedtshirt Fri 14-Apr-17 19:00:56

What? Is Susan Tully playing her? I thought it was a new Michelle?
(Not seen it for 30 years but I had a soft spot for Michelle and I've seen lots of thread titles and facebooks feeds)

Wootoyou Fri 14-Apr-17 19:03:01

Sorry l, it's been a long day, you're right corporal I meant Jenna Russell

PuppyMonkey Fri 14-Apr-17 19:03:52

Susan Tully is the proper Michelle not this terrible new false one. confused

The new one is awful and her storyline completely revolting.

User4637384885 Fri 14-Apr-17 19:05:09

I don't think the new Michelle is a terrible actress, she just isn't Michelle and therefore the performance isn't right.

Wootoyou Fri 14-Apr-17 19:05:25

I thought a couple of episodes ago that she was going to try and get with Jay next!

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Fri 14-Apr-17 19:07:46

She is diabolical imo. . .
At least Rodders has character!!
Someone lock her in Arthur's old shed ffs!!

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 14-Apr-17 19:08:19

Susan grew up on a Council estate. Jenna is Sylvia Young Theatre School and the Royal Shakespeare company. Unsurprising if one rings true and the other doesn`t.

Funnyonion17 Fri 14-Apr-17 19:09:30

The original Michelle was more down to earth, they've totally changed her character. I don't blame the actress though. Her character is self absorbed and annoying, so the lady that plays her is taking some flack.

ZilphasHatpin Fri 14-Apr-17 19:09:40

She is a terrible actress and there is nothing likeable about the character. She is very whiny and self pitying.

Wootoyou Fri 14-Apr-17 19:10:38

I wonder if after her contract is up will she be made a permanent character? Martin is a worse actor imo! All he seems to do is constantly lose his shit at any opportunity.

caz323 Fri 14-Apr-17 19:10:40

Yeah, Nu-Chelle is irritating. That monotonous voice and expressionless face. Dreadful casting.

OhBlissOhJoy Fri 14-Apr-17 19:11:33

Saw EE for the first time in about 10 years earlier this week and wondered who she was cos she was so awful! Was really surprised to find out she's the new Michelle, didn't fit in at all.

HateSummer Fri 14-Apr-17 19:12:27

Nuchelle aka Rodders is horrendous. Her hair, her whiny voice, her changing cockney accent and that beige mac 😂😂😂. Terrible acting but then she had big shoes to fill. It was never going to work out.

As for finding the Preston story enticing...bloody hell. Old woman grooming and "falling in love" with a 16/17 year old. Yes. Very enticing 🤔confusedhmm

Wootoyou Fri 14-Apr-17 19:14:48

I personally do like her character but one critism I would have is that she can be whiney and a bit of a 'know it all'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now