Talk

Advanced search

To wonder WTF has happened to Clover?!

(66 Posts)
CyclopsBee Tue 13-Jan-15 20:06:45

I've always bought Clover spread as I think it is very very similar to butter.
Spreads nicely, takes good, everyone happy,

The last tub I've bought is very pale, harder to spread and tastes somehow different, it's not good shock

Please tell me the fuckers haven't fucked up changed the recipe?
Anyone else noticed?

CarpeJugulum Tue 13-Jan-15 20:09:02

Nope. Not just you. We bought the original (normally have the lighter version) and it tasted dreadful. Think it's gone the way of Creme Eggs sad

Memphisbelly Tue 13-Jan-15 20:12:29

I have noticed it isn't spreading like it usually does glad it isn't just me, dh said I was being picky and it was the same.....I knew I was right grin

CyclopsBee Tue 13-Jan-15 20:20:11

Oh no, was hoping I just had a duff tub hmm
I too buy the original version, it ripped my bread to shreds and ruined my banana sandwich

Looks like I will have to find an alternative, I'm not amused, who makes it? I may have to e mail them and ask what they are thinking of grin

ilovechristmas1 Tue 13-Jan-15 20:23:54

try country life spreadable,spreads easily even straight out the fridge

why do these company's keep changing their tried and tested recipes

im sure a couple of years ago Flora changed and the was a mighty uproar

echt Tue 13-Jan-15 20:28:44

I clicked on this thinking you meant Clover, the younger sister of Katy from "What Katy Did". She had book to herself, and you can download it free.smile

averageanomoly Tue 13-Jan-15 20:30:23

I thought it was clover from sofia the first need to go back to work!

CyclopsBee Tue 13-Jan-15 20:35:43

echt and average grin

Sorry to disappoint!

Memphisbelly Tue 13-Jan-15 20:37:59

Flora did change, it turned horrid,

CyclopsBee Tue 13-Jan-15 21:32:10

Iv emailed the Clover folks (dairy crest) and told them my worries, and will update if they reply,

really must get a life

ImBatDog Tue 13-Jan-15 21:33:41

countrylife spreadable does NOT spread out of the fridge... its almost as bad at digging holes in the bread as the block version!

ilovechristmas1 Tue 13-Jan-15 21:39:39

my Countrylife does,straight out the fridge confused

SauvignonBlanche Tue 13-Jan-15 21:41:42

Please do Cyclops, before I buy anymore.

Hatespiders Tue 13-Jan-15 21:45:57

I'd never buy a spread from a firm that desecrated that lovely song 'The Wild Rover'. (We used to sing that at the folk club at Uni. "...and it's no nay never... bangbangbangbang...no nay never no more..." )

Criminal to change the words for a bloody spread advert!

Anyway, Butter Is Best.

WowserBowser Tue 13-Jan-15 21:49:22

The last two lots of toast I had (before we ran out of Clover and could only get Flora) did taste odd.

I blamed the bread. WE MUST KNOW OP!!

CyclopsBee Tue 13-Jan-15 21:59:57

I'm onto it wowser

Watch this space grin

WowserBowser Tue 13-Jan-15 22:13:26

<thumbs up>

Jodie1982 Tue 13-Jan-15 23:28:12

I was wondering the same thing this evening, my crumpets tasted shite! It's like they've taken out some salt or something? Very disappointed!

BreconBeBuggered Tue 13-Jan-15 23:33:55

Why do they pull these stunts with our food? I used to buy a low-fat spread until they changed the recipe and stopped it melting on hot food. I mean, WTF? So I had no option but to swap to butter, which at twice the calories has added a good extra stone to my womanly curves. The bastards.

LL0015 Tue 13-Jan-15 23:37:17

I've gotta know the answer to this. Lurking.

Newyearnewoutlook Tue 13-Jan-15 23:43:50

I hope it hasn't changed. I love clover and often eat it as if its a dip. Have been known to get through half a tub of it with some twiglets. Dh thinks I'm disgusting.

hufflebottom Tue 13-Jan-15 23:55:06

They probably don't care seeing as dairy crest has sold the milk side of the company.

CyclopsBee Wed 14-Jan-15 11:04:24

UPDATE

Well I've had a reply, they want to know my life history full name and address, product code on tub and expiry date,

Keep lurking!

Feminine Wed 14-Jan-15 12:04:07

Why don't you buy butter.
You can keep it in a nice dish on the worktop.
l can't because my cat will pinch it

youareallbonkers Wed 14-Jan-15 12:59:26

Why not just use butter? I don't understand the appeal of butter like spreads that are not butter

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: