Talk

Advanced search

To not understand how the care home n Panorama is still open!

(73 Posts)
keepingupwiththejoneses Tue 31-May-11 21:16:27

Maybe I am a little more sensitive to this as I have a son with Autism, but still the behaviour of these people is horrific!
I think these people should be locked away for abuse!

Hamface Tue 31-May-11 21:26:05

I am in tears watching this. It is absolutely horrific. I really hope these people are held accountable for their actions. :-(

Unfortunately 'care' is another area where underqualified people are employed due to the often anti-social hours and 'risk' factor involved.

I am truely disgusted.

thefirstMrsDeVere Tue 31-May-11 21:28:49

I am also very upset. My DS has LDs. He should be able to live at least semi independantly when he is older. Thank God. The children I work with could be in this position in 15 years time.
It is utterly heartbreaking.

I am glad its being shown. There have been some programmes exposing the dreadful way old people are treated (quite rightly) but nothing like this.

People forget about adults and young people with LDs.

Its just awful

thefirstMrsDeVere Tue 31-May-11 21:29:23

Fucking bastard.

Numberfour Tue 31-May-11 21:32:20

too awful.

keepingupwiththejoneses Tue 31-May-11 21:33:13

I am crying too! Unfortunately my son is severe and has little chance of independent living. I am now terrified for his future!

thefirstMrsDeVere Tue 31-May-11 21:37:03

They just showed some footage of the long stay hospital I worked at in the 80s. The video is on youtube if you are interested. www.youtube.com/watch?v=az2fTYud0us

ilovesooty Tue 31-May-11 21:39:13

It's horrible. Those carers should face charges.

Numberfour Tue 31-May-11 21:39:14

keepingupwiththejones sad... don't know what to say to you.

Numberfour Tue 31-May-11 21:40:11

surely the carers have been charged???

Meow75 Tue 31-May-11 21:40:23

I have no-one in my family who has any LD's, and after I've seen this, I'm very pleased.

Nothing more to be said, I'm simply disgusted - but when there are shit wages on offer, you'll get shit.

IWantToBeAFairyWhenIGrowUp Tue 31-May-11 21:41:45

I bloody hope so - awful viewing.

Wilts Tue 31-May-11 21:42:42

I have only just switched it on, it is absolutely horrific.

Charges have got to be brought against those 'carers' surely ?

ilovesooty Tue 31-May-11 21:42:49

They get paid 16K pa - the wages are no excuse for their behaviour anyway.

Hamface Tue 31-May-11 21:45:24

Poor Simone sad

firsttimer84 Tue 31-May-11 21:46:08

Just to reassure you, I know you know this, but not all homes are like this. I'm a carer for LD and the place I work in is lovely and everyone is great. The staff have genuine relationships and care for the residents. Yes the pay is rubbish but this would NEVER excuse abuse.

beesimo Tue 31-May-11 21:49:07

They are no different to the evil ones that worked in concentration camps, this is why you should never trust your kin to the authorites.

Hamface Tue 31-May-11 21:50:21

Seriously. How can ANYONE stand by and watch this happen? I don't care what they get paid, how can anyone do this to another person.

The poor parents seeing this happen to their children.

bumpsoon Tue 31-May-11 21:50:41

If i were the parents of Simon , i would scan a photo of Wayne onto a poster ,declaring he was a peadophile ,with his home contact details and pop them through the doors of all his neighborhood and stand back and watch the fun , the evil ,despicable,pathetic excuse for a man .

Tsil Tue 31-May-11 21:50:42

Keeping up - my little brother has has severe ASD and won't be able to live alone. When my parents have gone he will live with me before he goes into one of those places.

Fucking animals should be made to go through all of that, every day for years as punishment.

Tsil Tue 31-May-11 21:52:12

It terrifies me for my little brother if he ever has to go anywhere like that. I'd end up in prison for murder of every single one of them.

giraffesCantZumba Tue 31-May-11 21:52:29

this is awful

ohanotherone Tue 31-May-11 21:53:19

Can't believe the CQC ignored this.

bumpsoon Tue 31-May-11 21:56:04

But then i could not of stood by and watched this happen , i would of been ramming a certain water bottle up a certain orifice whilst screaming unconditional positive regard 'scream louder if you want me to stop , sorry i cant hear you' angry

beesimo Tue 31-May-11 21:56:17

The pay has fuck all to do with anything you have to have evil and wickness in you to mock and torture the afflicted like that. I can't beleive low PAY is being used as a excuse.

Anybody striking one of our animals would be gone and I mean long gone before they had time to draw another breath let alone harm the animal agin. I am digusted and appalled

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: