Talk

Advanced search

There's a car parked across my drive. What do you think would happen IRL if I blocked them in?

(136 Posts)
ElderAve Fri 28-Feb-20 15:40:00

I've returned from work to find I can't get in my drive. I live opposite a primary school so its not unusual, especially when its raining.

This isn't one of the "I'll only be a minute"s though as all the other cars have gone now and I can park quite easily on the road behind them.

I could move our other car off the drive and park close in front blocking them in (double drive so I can get the car that's there off, but I can't get into the "space") iyswim.

The advice here is so often to block them in, inconvenience them and watch them squirm but if I do that, I have to deal with the confrontation.They're obviously a considerate sort, they're probably a regular visitor and they know where I live!

Also, on this occasion, it doesn't really matter ,but on others it would.

Would you deal with the aggro just for fun?

ElderAve Fri 28-Feb-20 15:41:11

They're obviously not a considerate sort.....you get the gist

SingleSidedShoulderShrug Fri 28-Feb-20 15:41:10

I would deal with the aggro for fun! How inconsiderate

QuarterPastMidnight Fri 28-Feb-20 15:44:14

No diagram? grin

I'd block them in and not answer my door and then go to work as usual the next morning.

Serves the CF right.

PickwickThePlockingDodo Fri 28-Feb-20 15:44:52

Block them!!!grin

And erm where's the diagram please?

ElderAve Fri 28-Feb-20 15:46:25

It's very straightforward, surely no diagram required grin

MonicaGellerBing Fri 28-Feb-20 15:47:19

A diagram for a parking thread is the law 🤷‍♀️

strongswans Fri 28-Feb-20 15:48:02

A diagram is ALWAYS required grin block them in and watch them squirm!

buckeejit Fri 28-Feb-20 15:48:23

Do it. I would. They are CFs

SillyMoomin Fri 28-Feb-20 15:48:56

As Monica says above...

It's like posting on the cat page. You have to show a photo of your cat

Equally, posting a car parking thread, when you have the ability to block them in in revenge, and DON'T.... why would you start a thread unless we can live vicariously through you?!

ElderAve Fri 28-Feb-20 15:49:02

Would you really Quarter? Have you ever? I'd expect some police time to be wasted and/or damage to be done to either house or car TBH and whilst they may be in the wrong would the police see it that way/is the likely cost worthwhile. You'd never prove the damage was done by them and if you did you'd never see any cash for it.

ElderAve Fri 28-Feb-20 15:50:16

@SillyMoomin because I strongly suspect posters who give this advice are all talk grin

Aposterhasnoname Fri 28-Feb-20 15:50:33

Block them in then pour yourself a huuuuuuuuge glass of wine.

Whatever you do though, don’t get back behind the wheel after drinking it for at least 12 hours.

Spartonian Fri 28-Feb-20 15:51:14

Yes I would

britnay Fri 28-Feb-20 15:51:18

If the parking spaces that you were in (in order to block them in) were completely legal and not in the way of anyone else then i would go for it.

LaurieSchafferIsAllBitterNow Fri 28-Feb-20 15:51:57

block them in and don't answer the door...

set your phone up to video in case of any damage, but they need to be inconvenienced..

BornInAThunderstorm Fri 28-Feb-20 15:53:06

Stop dithering or they’ll get away - Block block block!!grin

PickwickThePlockingDodo Fri 28-Feb-20 15:53:53

They need to bloody learn, how dare they park across your drive angry

reginafelangee Fri 28-Feb-20 15:55:05

At the very least write a stinky note and attached it to the windscreen.

But I vote block em!

PickwickThePlockingDodo Fri 28-Feb-20 15:55:24

It's very straightforward, surely no diagram required

Ok then, how about a pic instead? grin

sunshinesupermum Fri 28-Feb-20 15:57:14

You won't get much support here OP without a diagram or photo!

Mlou32 Fri 28-Feb-20 15:57:22

I would definitely block them in. As a pp has said, when they come to the door asking you to move the car, say that you've had a few drinks and are unable to get behind the wheel. If they offer to move the car for you, say no, you don't feel comfortable anyone else moving your car. They can wait and if they complain, tell them they shouldn't have parked there in the first place, inconsiderate swines. Inspect your car for damage first thing in the morning; if there is any....well two can play at that game! Can't stand rude, inconsiderate folk.

ElderAve Fri 28-Feb-20 15:57:55

I'd be blocking my drive and my neighbour's who doesn't drive and is a man in his 80s who fumes at the parking at school times, so I expect he'd help me with the manoeuvre!

However, as the car's still there there's a possibility that it's a visitor to one of the neighbours frustrated at not being able to park when they arrived. I am home 2 hours early, so they wouldn't have expected me to need it just now.

bloodywhitecat Fri 28-Feb-20 15:58:59

I'm camp Block The CF In.

JuanSheetIsPlenty Fri 28-Feb-20 16:00:11

I vote for block and wine. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »