Talk

Advanced search

Ridiculous things that you do for actually no reason

(162 Posts)
KenAdams Thu 07-Nov-19 20:32:34

Whenever I pick up a parcel from the reception desk at work or from a neighbour I have to tell them what's in it. I have no idea why, they obviously don't care but I do it EVERY TIME.

Please tell me I'm not uniquely weird?!

KenAdams Thu 07-Nov-19 20:33:00

Absolutely no reason not actually ffs.

Hecateh Thu 07-Nov-19 21:07:47

A few years ago now, I was watching Monkey World, a member of staff was trying to CATCH a urine sample from one of their residents. Standing below an elevated part of the enclosure she was entreating "Pee Paquita, pee Paquita" over and over.

I now say usually silently to myself 'pee paquita' every time I need to go for a wee.

(--Yes Paquita was pregnant--)

fairydustandpixies Thu 07-Nov-19 21:10:48

@Ken - hehe, yes, me too! I always do that!!

FrappeLatte Thu 07-Nov-19 21:13:43

I count... all the time. Even when there’s nothing to count confused does my head in!

KateFoster Thu 07-Nov-19 21:19:27

@FrappeLatte omg I do that! I always start from 3!

Mrsjayy Thu 07-Nov-19 21:23:34

Monkey World, a member of staff was trying to CATCH a urine sample from one of their residents. Standing below an elevated part of the *enclosure she was entreating "Pee Paquita, pee Paquita" over and over.

I now say usually silently to myself 'pee paquita' every time I need*

That is hilarious the pee paquita woman is now the monkey world vet she was on the latest series

NeverGotMyPuppy Thu 07-Nov-19 21:24:27

I always tell people where clothes were from (and invariably how much they were) when someone compliments me. E.g. 'oh I like that top' 'thanks! Got in from a charity shop for about 3 quid/ih uve had this years/ oh it's only Sainsburys'.

Why?!?!

Candle1000 Thu 07-Nov-19 21:26:28

FrappeLatte omg ! I count everything too .

Mumshappy Thu 07-Nov-19 21:27:49

NeverGotMyPuppy I do the exact same thing.

thenightsky Thu 07-Nov-19 21:28:03

I sing a particular song silently in my head when I put laundry away. I can't say what it is as I always completely forget it, unless I'm putting laundry away.

CaptainPovey Thu 07-Nov-19 21:28:16

@FrappeLatte

My goodness - I am also a counter of all sorts in my head.

Slicing, chopping, steps; all sorts.

CaptainPovey Thu 07-Nov-19 21:30:31

@NeverGotMyPuppy

Me too; everyone I know loves a bargain so they are cheering me on!!

Candle1000 Thu 07-Nov-19 21:31:18

I count the sides of things- I know my tv has 4 sides but I have to count them , it drives me insane but I can’t stop.

waspfig Thu 07-Nov-19 21:31:18

I write whatever I'm thinking out in my head. So if I was thinking 'we'll go for a walk tomorrow' I would see those words being written out in fancy font, letter by letter, in my head. I waste so much time doing it! It's really annoying.

KenAdams Thu 07-Nov-19 21:31:58

Welcome to my world @fairydustandpixies!

Pee Paquita 🤣🤣🤣

Countrylifeornot Thu 07-Nov-19 21:32:43

I add up the digits on number plates and try to make words out of the letters. I annoy myself doing it but can't seem to stop.

waspfig Thu 07-Nov-19 21:33:32

I'm another who tells people where my clothes are from grin I don't know why as I'm positive they're not going to go and buy the same items!

MrsGrindah Thu 07-Nov-19 21:34:01

I have to kiss the mugs my late parents gave me before I use them first thing

BendyLikeBeckham Thu 07-Nov-19 21:34:50

does anyone think this is a form of OCD? I mean really. I've done the counting too in the past. Its weirdly compelling.

Blingismything Thu 07-Nov-19 21:34:56

Talk my route out to myself when I’m driving

BendyLikeBeckham Thu 07-Nov-19 21:36:03

I get the clothes thing too. It is almost a way of being modest, or of never accepting a genuine compliment by batting it away with some comment about the clothing being a bargain

PavlovaFaith Thu 07-Nov-19 21:36:29

I rehearse conversations with people in my car. Just driving, talking to imaginary colleagues about what I need to say blush

cushioncovers Thu 07-Nov-19 21:36:38

I also feel compelled to inform people of the price and whereabouts I got an item of clothing from whenever they comment on it. I don't know why. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Candle1000 Thu 07-Nov-19 21:38:28

BendyLikeBeckham that’s a good point, thinking about it , the more anxious I get the faster I count.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »