Talk

Advanced search

My amazing order of the Abigail Shrier book has been delayed. Anyone else?

(58 Posts)
maudavery Mon 13-Jul-20 17:35:49

Hoping this is a logistics delay rather than anything more Sinister.......

OP’s posts: |
nauticant Mon 13-Jul-20 17:41:03

I noticed today that the availability date on Amazon seems to have been pushed back a month. I thought I'd have a look at Waterstones but they haven't listed the book at all. Maybe it's too early for them.

SerenityNowwwww Mon 13-Jul-20 17:43:27

11th sept - I can’t remember the original delivery date.

nauticant Mon 13-Jul-20 17:45:45

The listing I see is This title will be released on August 20, 2020.

SerenityNowwwww Mon 13-Jul-20 17:46:35

Hwy maybe it’s already sold out and this is a reprint!!

maudavery Mon 13-Jul-20 18:15:28

Mine was due mid August and is now coming 11th sept

OP’s posts: |
NotTerfNorCis Mon 13-Jul-20 18:18:33

I'm buying a copy now. smile

OhHolyJesus Mon 13-Jul-20 18:24:06

I'm expecting mine via News from Nowhere soon. No issues as far as I'm aware. They are very responsive to emails and I really recommend them as an Amazon alternative (for books anyway).

nauticant Mon 13-Jul-20 18:25:05

As I'm forever spamming these threads, here's Abigail Shrier being interviewed about her book:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdtxUcvkJWA

ThinkIveFoundYourMarbles Mon 13-Jul-20 19:17:33

Yes, mine has been delayed too. I get lots of emails from Amazon regarding orders and this one looked and sounded strange in comparison.

itsor Mon 13-Jul-20 19:54:09

I pre-ordered a copy on Kindle and it's already in my library. Perhaps the print run has been delayed due to COVID-19?

itsor Mon 13-Jul-20 19:55:34

Lol, I see it's already been review-bombed on Amazon by people who haven't read it. Predictable.

SerenityNowwwww Mon 13-Jul-20 20:23:38

Well anyone who does bother to read it ought to review. Can you put up an amazon review if you don’t buy the book off amazon?

BigBadVoodooHat Mon 13-Jul-20 21:14:05

I think (hope) it’s probably a Covid issue - I’ve had four pre-ordered books pushed back by several months, so I’m guessing print factories/distributors have been closed or had reduced hours/workforce.

Dogman Mon 13-Jul-20 21:39:35

I’m very knew to this area and thanks to you wonderful people I’ve ordered a copy.

Dances Mon 13-Jul-20 22:22:26

Get it on Audible or Kindle

No delay

ToriaPumpkin Mon 13-Jul-20 22:29:56

I've just ordered it on my kobo. I checked reviews while I was there and out of three only one was shouting about transphobia inder the guise of science which was refreshing. I don't expect that last though.

Forgottenagainst Mon 13-Jul-20 23:16:14

I’ve got it on Audible, it’s great.

LeftHandDown Tue 14-Jul-20 00:43:18

Posie did a interview with Abigail Shrier too, it's worth a listen

youtu.be/MK_VB8ZWjJk

Siablue Tue 14-Jul-20 07:34:08

I suspect that it has sold out and they are printing some more. She published with a very small press so they might have done a smaller print run. I imagine that the interest from the UK is bigger that anticipated too.

OhHolyJesus Tue 14-Jul-20 07:49:36

Shrier also did an interview with Benjamin Boyce.

https://youtu.be/OdtxUcvkJWA

Helmetbymidnight Tue 14-Jul-20 07:52:36

Can you put up an amazon review if you don’t buy the book off amazon?

yes- if youre a regular amazon customer (over £50 a year, i think), only in your own country and it wont say 'verified'. but the reviews will help visibility. and morale.

Helmetbymidnight Tue 14-Jul-20 07:59:45

wow, just looked on amazon- nearly half the reviewers gave it one-star and mostly all on one day (unverified, naturally)
so yeah positive reviews would be good, but the negative reviews will be helping too- better a controversial book than an ignoredbook....

PaleBlueMoonlight Tue 14-Jul-20 08:18:38

Just looking at this on Hive and thought the categorisation was interesting. It is filed under “political ideologies > Conservatism & right-of-centre democratic ideologies”

Right that it is a conservative perspective, but only in in the non-political-party sense of the word (the SDP has an interesting video on social conservatism and how it is a traditional left-wing position).

SarahTancredi Tue 14-Jul-20 08:20:21

Yes first I got a delivery date of September the 11th now its changed and they can't tell me when

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in