Talk

Advanced search

What's your best tip for legoland?

(32 Posts)
dontdillydally Mon 01-Jun-09 22:37:14

we are off next week - just wondered what yr best tip was for rides, food etc...

fruitshootsandheaves Mon 01-Jun-09 22:38:08

take a picnic

dontdillydally Mon 01-Jun-09 22:39:32

yes going to n the first day but after that we are in a hotel so will have to eat there

ingles2 Mon 01-Jun-09 22:40:40

how old are your dc's?

dontdillydally Mon 01-Jun-09 22:42:17

1 x 4yr old

kormachameleon Mon 01-Jun-09 22:43:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cornsilk Mon 01-Jun-09 22:44:04

Take towels and swimsuits for the water area. Sun cream and hats if it's hot, there's not a lot of shade. Comfortable shoes as you'll end up walking all day. Food and drink.

ninah Mon 01-Jun-09 22:44:16

don't go

dontdillydally Mon 01-Jun-09 22:44:34

what drinks can you get in them - I dont like fizzy drinks

cornsilk Mon 01-Jun-09 22:44:52

bah humbug ninah - it's great!

MrsMcCluskey Mon 01-Jun-09 22:46:35

Get there early.
Start at the far end and work your way back.
I thought the food and rink wasnt too baldy priced.
We did the hot dogs off teh stalls, about £2.50 iirc?

ingles2 Mon 01-Jun-09 22:47:03

ok, well you probably won't be doing the bigger rides which is good cos that's where the queues are.
If it's lovely weather take a cossie and a towel they might have the water feature on.
Go on fairytale brook ride...my dh's favourite ride (yes he is a wuss)
Make a note of the theatre times, my dc's always loved the puppet shows when they were young
Don't go to the toy shop at the end of the day wink

dietstartstomorrow Mon 01-Jun-09 22:47:14

See the two 3d shows (my DC loved them).

It is painful in Legoland though, so do agree with ninah wink

ninah Mon 01-Jun-09 22:47:56

one huge benefit of separation, daddy does this one

kormachameleon Mon 01-Jun-09 22:48:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ingles2 Mon 01-Jun-09 22:48:05

NO! Legoland is fantastic!

dietstartstomorrow Mon 01-Jun-09 22:50:39

Yes, it's fantastic if queing all day is your thing, and you only go on 4 good rides! It is a good park, but just way too busy.

Sure the kids will have a fab time though.

WriggleJiggle Mon 01-Jun-09 22:52:25

If they are not much of a walker, grab a plastic pushchair as you go in. According to the website you are supposed to pay for them, but I couldn't find anyone interested in taking payment.

(Not relevant for you, but you can happily fit 3 toddlers in one 'wheelbarrow')

Either take lots of drinks or buy the drinks bottle.

Arrive as early as possible in the morning. No queues at all at 11am, queues picking up after this.

shinyshoes Mon 01-Jun-09 22:52:36

only fizzy drinks Dillydally,

We went last week and the traffic going in was horrendous, what should have taken 1 hour 50 minutes took 3 hours. spent 2 hours queuing for 1 ride and spent another 2 hours queing for another ride, the smaller rides only had a queuing time of around 20 mins- half hour. I should have invested in a QBOT. they are a tenner per person and you can reserve a time to go on the ride, it might mean you still have to wait 2 hours but you don't have to queue for 2 hours leaving the time to go on the less major rides. The Qbot calls you to tell you to go to the ride and you jump the queue. We hardly had the chance to go on anything the queues had queues.

It was half term though

fruitshootsandheaves Mon 01-Jun-09 22:57:05

oh and.....

take me!!!!

ingles2 Mon 01-Jun-09 22:59:46

I've never had to queue excessively. Don't go in half term and don't go at the weekend..... simple

paranoidmother Mon 01-Jun-09 23:10:10

went today it's lovely. you'll be fine next week as no local holidays.

You can go in at about 9.30am and the rides starts at 10am. Worth being early.

Go for any of the new rides first or bigger rides. Like laser or viking/log flume if DC is tall enough. Laser gets hot queuing if it's more than 25 minutes.

Picnic definately - nice place near dragons apprentice or near back of dinosuar rides (up top left side of map)
The kids boat ride is always busy.

You shouldn't have to queue for many of the rides with any luck. Have fun it's lovely.

Fimbo Mon 01-Jun-09 23:10:21

I was there last week too! I wonder how many of us were.

Dont go on the water rapid ride first, you do get wet. I was soaked right through to my knickers and had a long hike back to the car to get changed. There may be lockers there but I didn't see them.

Go before 10. We arrived about 5 minutes before and they were letting people through.

xfabba Mon 01-Jun-09 23:16:23

we go quite a lot with 4y old and 1y old as quite nearby and always seem to pick up 2 for 1 offers. I have never found it too bad for queuing, I think because the rides for this agegroup are not as busy. If at all possible go midweek, non-holiday, but I went on a thurs at Easter Hols and it wasn't too bad, I think weekends are the worse.

Don't go when it's really sunny - more people chance it on the fly and it is busier.

Leave enough time for miniland after the rides - mine always love it here and would stay all day - we usually have a picnic here so they can look at it all while eating.

Take a picnic or drinks at least - less queuing for food. If you want to get food/ice cream, avoid lunchtime obviously.

PortAndLemon Mon 01-Jun-09 23:35:34

Midweek termtime there are very few queues (except for the laser shooting thing, and even that's not bad) and you can generally just stay on any of the rides if you want to go round again (we went on the Dragon about seven or eight times in a row the week before last...) -- and there aren't really queues for food either (although we tend to go for lunch early anyway). My 4yo goes on everything apart from the Jungle Coaster which he is too short for.

You will get soaked on the water rides. If you have good waterproofs (including bottom half) take those; if you buy waterproofs onsite then the yellow waterproof ponchos you buy in the shops are better than the clear ponchos you can get from the machines (but neither was as good as the poncho I got at Thorpe Park about ten years ago, which kept me toasty dry).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now