Talk

Advanced search

Some horrible bastard has shot my cat in the eye

(78 Posts)
McDougal Thu 11-May-17 15:29:31

Went out this morning as usual and I thought it was a little odd that I hadn't seen him at the window wanting to be in....then DH finds him outside hiding with a bloody eye. Literally dripping blood.

We took him off to the vet and just had a phone call informing us that the bleeding and swelling was caused by a shotgun pellet. I just can't get my head around why someone would want to shoot an innocent animal.

We're picking him up once we've picked DD up from nursery and GDP can get here but I feel like I'm in shock. My poor little Mac sad

SweetChickadee Thu 11-May-17 15:31:29

shock

Sparklingbrook Thu 11-May-17 15:31:32

That is horrible. angry

Could they save his eye?

LordRothermereBlackshirtCunt Thu 11-May-17 15:33:56

God, that's awful. I would be devastated. The absolute bastards.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Thu 11-May-17 15:34:02

Oh I'm so sorry. My lovely old cat was shot in his side. My ndn found him under one of her shrubs acting folorn so popped him round to me. It's only when she handed him over we saw the blood. The vet removed the pellets & he had strong antibiotics for a week & was then back to his usual arsey self. I hope Mac recovers well! flowers & cake

McDougal Thu 11-May-17 15:34:30

Yes, luckily. Sorry, should have said that in my OP. They've removed the pellet and he has an ulcer where it had been rubbing but they think he has full movement in his eye. Anti inflammatory injection already done and we have to take him back for another tomorrow.

They're hopeful that will be it. And I really hope so too. He's the only pet we never got insurance for too, typical.

Expecting2017 Thu 11-May-17 15:35:47

Evil bastards.

Soubriquet Thu 11-May-17 15:36:03

angry poor cat!! Have you reported it?

Hope he recovers soon

McDougal Thu 11-May-17 15:36:21

Oh that's awful Bernards. What possesses people to do horrible things like this??!

We have a feeling it might be the son of a neighbour but obviously we can't prove anything.

He only ever goes in our garden as he's such a timid thing sad

McDougal Thu 11-May-17 15:37:44

No we haven't reported it as yet as only back from the vet not long ago.

How do you go about reporting things like this? There are quite a few cats around here and never heard of anything like this happening.

Sick fuckers

VerySadInside Thu 11-May-17 15:38:25

How old is the suspect? Could you force a confession by convincing him you can get ballistics done? I would definitely talk to the police.

hmcAsWas Thu 11-May-17 15:38:41

Poor cat - how awful.

A pregnant Bengal cat was shot and killed locally yesterday .....there are some sick people around sad

McDougal Thu 11-May-17 15:41:46

HMC that's awful. Poor poor cat.

I think the son is late teens, 6' and surly. I don't think I'd get fat approaching him as I know I'd lose my shit.

DH is going to speak to the dad later once we've got Mac back. I know they'll deny it but you can hear them shooting at a target in their garden all the time so not sure who else it could be.

McDougal Thu 11-May-17 15:42:54

*get far. Don't think I'd get fat either hmm

paddypants13 Thu 11-May-17 15:44:21

Your poor cat. sad I'm so glad he looks like he will make a full recovery. There really are some bastards in the world.

AnotherEmma Thu 11-May-17 15:44:27

Your poor cat sad
Don't talk to the neighbour!! I don't think it's likely to achieve anything other than maybe an argument.
Just report to the police and they can take it further if they want. I'm sure attacking an animal like that is a crime.

Toddlerteaplease Thu 11-May-17 15:45:15

angryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangry

SuburbanRhonda Thu 11-May-17 15:46:20

I suppose there's a slim chance they shot him accidentally. But anyone with an ounce of humanity would have let you know.

Lomas16 Thu 11-May-17 15:46:38

My first post so shocked about the cat being shot cant believe it if it was my son i would go mad

Oldraver Thu 11-May-17 15:47:41

How horrible...there have been cats shot going back 12 years where I live...all along a small road. The police dont seem to give a shit

TheMysteriousJackelope Thu 11-May-17 15:48:21

If they shoot in their garden it is possible a pellet came past the fence and hit your cat. It is more likely them than anyone else if your cat rarely leaves your garden.

I'd report it to the police as if this was an accidental shooting next time it could be you or your children being shot in the eye. The police may not care about cats, they should care about irresponsible people shooting BB guns in their garden.

I'd also contact the RSPCA to see if they have advice on how to handle reporting this.

TheMysteriousJackelope Thu 11-May-17 15:50:37

Meant to have 'accidentally came past your fence' in my post above.

WatcherOfTheNight Thu 11-May-17 15:51:27

McDougle this is awful!
Poor Macsad
I'd ring the non emergency police line for advice,I think I'd loose it knocking their door.

What kind of person shoots a cat?!?! Horrific angryangryangryangryangry

Goldfishjane Thu 11-May-17 15:51:49

oh I am so sorry to hear this.

poor cat.

I hope you find the fecker who did it.

UrsulaPandress Thu 11-May-17 15:53:10

Bastards.

Hope puss is ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now