Talk

Advanced search

The Baby Has Landed

(797 Posts)
Sotiredsomuch Wed 27-Nov-19 21:05:02

Anyone watching?

I love stuff like this.

titnomatani Thu 05-Dec-19 21:03:28

Did anyone else notice the Nkrumah dad put baby Ramiyah down to sleep on her tummy? That made me wince too. As well as when grandma (?) told the younger boy there was no place for him in his mums bed now that the baby was here :/

purpleme12 Thu 05-Dec-19 21:05:02

Yes I noticed he put her on her tummy! But perplexed at that

cushioncovers Thu 05-Dec-19 21:08:18

As well as when grandma (?) told the younger boy there was no place for him in his mums bed now that the baby was here :/

Yep I thought that was really mean.

vivacian Thu 05-Dec-19 21:08:52

When did he do that? When they were in the kitchen?

(Reminds me of the baby at guides, on the side with all of the knives!).

PixieDustt Thu 05-Dec-19 21:09:45

I really wish someone - a producer or camera person, anyone - would talk to Syler and Mo about safe sleeping. The woolly hat and all the blankets are freaking me out

I thought exactly the same! Also the smoking I noticed the pushchair was right outside where he was smoking.

PixieDustt Thu 05-Dec-19 21:12:03

With my DS who is 4 months I was told they can't be put in a hat overnight or in the house

titnomatani Thu 05-Dec-19 21:14:34

* When did he do that? When they were in the kitchen?*

Yes, just before he sat down to have his meal. They showed it three times at least him trying to settle her by placing her on her tummy.

Sotiredsomuch Thu 05-Dec-19 21:52:32

It definitely seemed like the gran just decided to say that about him sleeping in mum and dads he’d ... obviously she doesn’t approve of it.

Babybel90 Thu 05-Dec-19 22:22:58

I cannot understand the parents from the family with 5 kids going out to guides and scouts to spend time with other people’s kids rather than their own, I found that terribly sad when their own children are so young.

I’m looking forward to seeing how the gay couple are when they get the babies home, I think they’re going to be great parents.

Was one of the small Nkrumah boys sleeping on a pull out bed? It doesn’t look like they’ve got much space in that house, it’s going to be a squeeze with three teenagers!

Alwaysfrank Thu 05-Dec-19 23:00:13

I thought that the general rule with babies was to be wary of overheating? Better to be too cold than too hot, so very surprising to see all the indoor hats!

Nextphonewontbesamsung Fri 06-Dec-19 03:35:37

It was filmed in the summer so too late for anyone (producers or crew) to say anything about the various unsafe sleeping arrangements. But I would like to see a strong message about the SIDS guidelines added to the credits or at the start of the programme, or just those scenes cut out. It's quite troubling.

vivacian Fri 06-Dec-19 03:47:20

It was filmed in the summer so too late for anyone (producers or crew) to say anything about the various unsafe sleeping arrangements.

I don’t quite get what you mean.

Nextphonewontbesamsung Fri 06-Dec-19 04:02:31

It was my thoughts on snowballer's post at 20.20 yesterday.

vivacian Fri 06-Dec-19 04:22:01

I know. But why would the fact it was filmed in the summer mean that someone in the production team couldn’t have mentioned the SIDS guidance to the parents? Or, if it was due to journalistic reasons, why couldn’t a message be added to the end titles?

Nextphonewontbesamsung Fri 06-Dec-19 05:20:34

Because it happened 6 months ago.

vivacian Fri 06-Dec-19 07:21:11

(Is it just me?).

WendyMoiraAngelaDarling Fri 06-Dec-19 07:23:31

confused it's not just you.

Sparklybaublefest Fri 06-Dec-19 07:28:21

i doubt the camera men would be able to voice any opinions

vivacian Fri 06-Dec-19 07:37:51

I don’t think it’s an opinion though. The risks associated with sleep position and smoking are facts.

Whatever the season confused

It’s not nice for the participants having invited them in to their home only to realise later that they were happily filming behaviour that endangered their baby’s safety.

Sparklybaublefest Fri 06-Dec-19 07:38:57

email the bbc

CaptainMyCaptain Fri 06-Dec-19 07:50:51

Unless the camera men/women have their own children they wouldn't necessarily know about those things.

vivacian Fri 06-Dec-19 08:14:50

I think that’s quite likely.

Girliefriendlikespuppies Fri 06-Dec-19 08:32:38

I've been watching this as well, the surrogacy set up makes me very uncomfortable, watching the newborns trying to find their mums boob to latch on to (when they were skin to skin on their dads) was really sad.

It feels very much like rent a womb tbh.

lynsey91 Fri 06-Dec-19 09:14:33

If it was filmed in the summer why on earth where all the babies wearing hats?

Two of my neighbours had babies recently and they didn't have hats put on them when they were born (I asked them).

Mum of 5 asking her daughter if they should have more babies! She needs to concentrate on the ones she has.

WaterSheep Fri 06-Dec-19 09:16:35

Mum of 5 asking her daughter if they should have more babies!

That made me uncomfortable, especially since we already know the dad isn't on board with having a large family.

vivacian Fri 06-Dec-19 09:31:24

There really is something going on with the mum-of-five. I think that watching her and her family felt the most intrusive for me.

lazymum99 Fri 06-Dec-19 10:03:46

It’s not the fact that she has 5 children it’s that they are so close together in age. Cannot give any time to any of them. Even the singing with one of them seemed to be rushed.
When the day speed read the story it actually reminded me that there were more than a few occasions where I must have sounded like that and I’ve only got 2.

lazymum99 Fri 06-Dec-19 10:04:13

Dad not day

thesuninsagittarius Fri 06-Dec-19 16:35:49

I think Syler is doing a great job. It's so hard, the first couple of weeks with your first. Everything is a bit of a shock and it takes time to get to know your baby. I think she'll be a fab mum, her own mum is lovely and supportive and that's exactly what she needs. Mo is finding his way through a completely different culture and that can't be easy. I think they will be fine, and how adorable is baby Ace? Gorgeous!

titnomatani Fri 06-Dec-19 16:36:23

* I cannot understand the parents from the family with 5 kids going out to guides and scouts to spend time with other people’s kids rather than their own, I found that terribly sad when their own children are so young.*

Good point 👍🏻

1moreRep Fri 06-Dec-19 18:58:41

i'm watching this with my dds (10 and 8) and it's really bringing back memories!

i love the back stories of all the couples, loved the emotion of the visitors to baby ace in hospital. Also no adjusting to a new culture is fascinating and he stepped up. I loved sylers mum, the family is a tight unit which will be a huge help.

The family if 5 crack me up, the chaos!! i love how honest it is!

love love love the gay couple and their story! i don't think they think the babies are accessories they are just excited!

love the super hero family, their boys are so adorable!!!

Sleepthiefismyfavourite Sat 07-Dec-19 14:46:52

I have a large family, but with bigger age gaps.

I would love my family to be like Sylers, so close and supportive.

I often wonder how you raise children to want to be around you as adults. Most families i know tolerate their parents and see then only when necessary. I really want dont want this for my children

vivacian Sat 07-Dec-19 18:01:23

I think secure attachment and whilst they are children, being the kind of person they would want to be around if they had any kind of choice. Avoid unhealthy dynamics like symbiosis?

I am alway envious of the Sidiquis on Gogglebox and their relationships.

Namenamename1 Sat 07-Dec-19 22:26:30

I’m watching, and really enjoying this!

Surprised by people’s reactions to Syler’s mother. I think Syler has a great family, so much support. Her mum just wants to make sure her daughter is looked after by Mo. I like her mum!

Also totally in love with those two little boys, Elijah and Ezrah (if I’ve got their names right) and thought the way their parents diffused their argument was brill. The younger one wanting to sleep in his parents’ bed broke my heart - I was so happy when they let him go in.

steakandmantoo Sun 08-Dec-19 19:32:55

I feel really sorry for Mo. He tries so hard and does way more than what would have been expected of him in his home country and to those who would say "well he's not in his home country blah blah blah" he shouldn't have to sacrifice all of his norms. Just as a woman shouldn't have to sacrifice all of hers either.

Namenamename1 Sun 08-Dec-19 20:29:52

I don’t feel sorry for him! Seems like he has a pretty good deal to me! I know that they’re irritated by him, but he’s not very modern. And even though he comes from Egypt, he knows the modern way. Also seemed to me like he was just tolerating /ignoring the grandad who was giving him good advice.

Anyway I reckon they’ll get there eventually.

Loving the programme, looking forward to the next ep.

CiaoMay Mon 09-Dec-19 06:24:18

Caught up this morning on the show and this thread. Stray thoughts:

.Anyone else wondering if Syler received breastfeeding support? I've had great support but reading her comments about the lack of info about safe sleeping I'm wondering if this was something that was lacking too? She seems like such a lovely mum and seeing her pump out quite a decent amount (looks like it was before her milk had properly come in from the colour) and think it was nothing and she wasnt producing enough broke my heart.
.I found the surrogacy thread a bit uncomfortable and hope we get to follow both families.
.Ezra and Elijah are absolute stars!
.The family of 5 gives me heart palpitations! They seem loving but also like they're trying to prove something with all the kids and the crazy schedules.

IWorkAtTheCheesecakeFactory Mon 09-Dec-19 08:47:47

I have to disagree with the “they seem loving” comment about the family of 5. And yes I know it’s all edited but the only “loving” scene I saw was the mum giving one daughter a hug and kiss at bedtime. Everything else was rushing and stressed and basically looked like a herd of ducks trying to herd cats. Dad “reading” to one child was shameful. hmm, toddler screaming for mum when they came back from hospital and being ignored by everyone in favour of a photograph. Children being passed off to grandparents days after a new baby arrives, not to give mum and dad a rest but so they could get out to prove to the world they’re superheroes and can do their hobbies with a baby attached to their nipple.

MrsPelligrinoPetrichor Mon 09-Dec-19 12:39:53

Children being passed off to grandparents days after a new baby arrives, not to give mum and dad a rest but so they could get out to prove to the world they’re superheroes and can do their hobbies with a baby attached to their nipple

Or to do something they enjoy? Nothing wrong with going to grandparents.

IWorkAtTheCheesecakeFactory Mon 09-Dec-19 12:41:54

If the rest of what we were seeing was lots of loving interaction with the kids then it probably wouldnt have even come up on my radar. But added in with everything else it’s just another sign of thing being not very great for those kids.

SleepingStandingUp Mon 09-Dec-19 12:57:25

Just catching up on this but my twins are planned to arrive this week and all the hooky newborns are making me squeamish and all the crying in making me panicky 😂😂😂😂

Agree those two boys are little darlings, telling Mommy not to cry and getting her a tissue etc.

Mo needs to grow up, reckon he'll get there but it must be a bit change to him instincts and how he was raised himself

MyDcAreMarvel Mon 09-Dec-19 13:02:37

I thought the same re Syler and breastfeeding , for colostrum that was loads in the breast pump. I did wonder why she did not use the internet to fund out safe sleeping advice and breastfeeding information.

MrsPelligrinoPetrichor Mon 09-Dec-19 13:17:55

I know,that was LOADS of colostrum!

hotcrossbun4321 Mon 09-Dec-19 14:01:13

The mum with 5 kids who said that family life should be chaos, and always seemed to be busy-busy with hobbies reminds me of someone I know closely, and it doesn't necessarily provide an ideal environment for kids - they need personal attention and security. The leaving the baby on a table surrounded by knives said a lot IMO.

LolaLollypop Mon 09-Dec-19 14:36:34

I read somewhere that Syler is only 20 so maybe that's why she didn't know where to look for BF advice. I also doubt her mum BF her as I haven't seen the mum assisting with that at all. My mum didn't BF me and was very bemused when I said I was going to try with my daughter! Thought it was a load of extra work for me!

So just pointing out that not everyone has the knowledge or support regarding BF.

Tiredandgrumpytonight Mon 09-Dec-19 14:43:05

Her age shouldn’t affect whether or not she can look for breastfeeding and SIDS advice surely?

I was 18 when I fell pregnant with my first and was certainly aware of safe sleeping etc and would have been given all of the same info as an older mum.

Sorry, not meaning to come across confrontational at all flowers

LolaLollypop Mon 09-Dec-19 15:03:06

@Tiredandgrumpytonight - depends on the person I guess. Personally I wouldn't really have known my arse from my elbow if I'd fallen pregnant at 20. I felt much more knowledgeable about what to expect when I finally did, age 34.

MyDcAreMarvel Mon 09-Dec-19 15:13:14

I had my first baby at 20 , the internet was only really available in Internet cafes, educational institutions at that time. I had the Miriam Stoppard book and a few copies of Mother and Baby. I still knew about safe sleeping etc.

Tiredandgrumpytonight Mon 09-Dec-19 15:24:11

But if you had fallen pregnant surely you’d still have wanted to find out how to keep your baby safe?

I get what you’re trying to say but I think that if she chose not to seek out that information then it was down to her as a person rather than her age.

Plus she lives with her mum so you’d have thought her mum would be advising her but maybe she was and it was outdated info re safe sleeping.

IWorkAtTheCheesecakeFactory Mon 09-Dec-19 15:35:27

I had DS at 19 in 2005. I didn’t have internet but I definitely still knew about feet to foot (of cot) and blankets etc. I did do swaddling, I can’t remember if that was recommended or not back then but my mum was a midwife and showed me how so I’m guessing it was ok then? Should add that I knew about feet to foot and blankets without any input from my mum. (We didn’t talk for most of my pregnancy)

Tiredandgrumpytonight Mon 09-Dec-19 15:38:25

Did she disown you like mine did Cheesecake? blush

LolaLollypop Mon 09-Dec-19 15:48:41

Like I said, it depends on the person. For me, at 20, none of my friends had had babies, I had no nieces/nephews to practice on and didn't really know anything about babies. My mum would have been there to help but not being a BF mum herself probably wouldn't have offered much in that sense.
I had definitely matured much more by 34 and had lots of mummy friends to ask for advice regarding breastfeeding.

Tiredandgrumpytonight Mon 09-Dec-19 15:49:37

Meh, agree to disagree. Just feels a bit like a young mum bashing conversation now tbh.

IWorkAtTheCheesecakeFactory Mon 09-Dec-19 15:54:54

Yes for a few months until I was almost due and then I think she realised how ridiculous she was being and was going to miss out on her first grandchild.

Tiredandgrumpytonight Mon 09-Dec-19 16:00:48

Exactly what happened here hmm

Strawberrypancakes Mon 09-Dec-19 16:56:13

I’m in awe of the surrogate.. such a sacrifice.

SleepingStandingUp Mon 09-Dec-19 17:58:41

Is it? I mean I get its a huge thing to do, but she's, from what I gathered, volunteered herself for the job, not even been asked and felt obliged.

Sparklybaublefest Mon 09-Dec-19 18:36:58

Perhaps regardless of her age, because she is living with her mum, she is relying on her mum, and not finding out information for herself.

SleepingStandingUp Mon 09-Dec-19 18:40:53

I can think of lots of young women her age who wouldn't think to look in books etc for parenting advice, theyd just do what their Mom / Nan / Aunts do, or their mates. So much more word of mouth that hours on the Internet or down the library or buying expensive books. Whose natural instinct wouldn't be to breast feed cos culturally that's just not what most people do.
It does mean that support services need to be really hot on making sure they're making informed choices tho

Tiredandgrumpytonight Mon 09-Dec-19 18:57:32

I’m sure there are plenty 34 year old mums the same though grin

I think probably it would have been best all round for them not to have lived with her mum. As a PP said maybe she did feel she didn’t need to ‘learn’ anything because her mum was going to be there.

Sparklybaublefest Mon 09-Dec-19 19:05:16

She has probably unintentionally reverted roles

SleepingStandingUp Mon 09-Dec-19 19:22:19

I’m sure there are plenty 34 year old mums the same though we'll yes, I guess in the women I was thinking of, by 34 they'd have stopped having babies or def wouldn't be first time moms

CiaoMay Mon 09-Dec-19 20:22:47

I think if I hadn't had such good breastfeeding support whilst in hospital (we were in for a week) I'd have felt like Syler and thought I wasn't producing enough. My Mum and MIL but thought ds whose now 3 months was feeding too much and said my supply was low. Mum also started me on solids at 9 weeks and doesn't understand why ds isn't! It would be interesting to see what the support from outside is like for each of the families as it varies so much from area to area and can have a huge impact on your choices and confidence!

Tiredandgrumpytonight Mon 09-Dec-19 20:33:29

Would be good to see midwife and hv going in to see them.

ColdCottage Mon 09-Dec-19 20:43:43

@SleepingStandingUp most of my friends have been to uni, travelled and established careers. Having a first baby at 34 or even 38 doesn't seem that unusual to me.

CaptainMyCaptain Mon 09-Dec-19 22:10:19

Just watched Episode 2. I was a bit surprised by Syler's mum being in their room and hugging them goodnight. They need a bit of privacy and space. Mo can't win whatever he does, the fuss they made about him giving Ace a bottle.

Azzizam Mon 09-Dec-19 22:10:47

I'm really enjoying Mo. He seems so good natured and considering he's not really sure what he's supposed to actually be doing, he's muddling along as we all do with a new baby.
The babies are so sweet and yes the two E&E boys are beyond adorable. Great program.

SleepingStandingUp Mon 09-Dec-19 22:12:57

@ColdCottage me neither, I was first in my "school" friends at 33 and will be having the last of the batch at 38. But in some areas, it's incredibly unusual. Kids at youth club (which is the young women I was thinking of) used to ask me at 30 why I hadn't had children and why I'd basically left it too late 😂😂

Buyitinbamboo Mon 09-Dec-19 22:13:48

I've just started watching this and enjoying it. I have a 3 week old so kind of feels like I'm going through it all with them.

I love how everyone tries to be quiet around the baby in Misha's family. I have a 3 year old and she certainly doesn't give her brother the same courtesy!

I felt so bad for Syler when she was upset that the baby was struggling with wind and she said she felt guilty for not breastfeeding. I bet different bottles would have helped, we had the same issue when DD was a newborn and had the same bottles. The safe sleeping is an issue though, they should put a disclaimer on. I was 23 when I had DD and I researched safe sleeping so it's not an age thing, some people just wouldn't think to look I guess.

Tiredandgrumpytonight Mon 09-Dec-19 22:22:30

Couldn’t be anything to do with the fact they appear the least educated out of all the parents. No it has to be her age.

SleepingStandingUp Mon 09-Dec-19 22:39:27

Tired at risk of being absolutely slaughtered, one could suggest there's a correlation there. The young women i spoke of who thought i'd missed my chance to have kids cos i was 30 and childless, who i didn't think would research safe sleeping etc and would rely on their own parents wisdom live in an area of poor educational attainment, low employment etc. They're much more LIKELY to have babies young than in areas where Uni is standard, although of course many young parents are highly educated and many older parents are very uneducated etc.

doadeer Mon 09-Dec-19 22:45:40

I felt so sorry for Skylar with the breastfeeding I was wishing a health visitor or someone would help her. She needs advice and support and her family aren't able to give that. Really felt for her

Tiredandgrumpytonight Mon 09-Dec-19 22:56:45

So background is the root ‘issue’ then rather than age because chances are even a middle of the road mum aged 28 say, might make the same mistakes and assumptions as Syler.

@doadeer only seen the two episodes that have aired so far and not sure how old the baby is in it but you’d think if he was still really young there would be someone out almost daily (if he’s under two weeks or so) and she’d be able to alleviate these concerns with them. Although maybe that’s was happening and it wasn’t enough. I harped on for days that my youngest was definitely, absolutely 100% blind. She wasn’t.

CiaoMay Mon 09-Dec-19 23:11:18

I think it said 7 days old on screen at some point but I might have dreamt that!

titnomatani Mon 09-Dec-19 23:42:50

Whatever the socioeconomic background or age, safe sleeping guidance is everywhere- from the information pack you first get at your booking in appointment, plastered all over the walls of antenatal clinics and any antenatal classes you're offered (free at the hospital- not just paid for classes). Then when you're at the hospital, the midwives/nurses will model how to put your baby to sleep.

SleepingStandingUp Mon 09-Dec-19 23:43:09

I think your right Ciao.

Surely you dint get the HV out thst often in thst first week tho?

titnomatani Mon 09-Dec-19 23:47:55

I'm from a culture where choosing not to have babies before the age of 25 is frowned upon or almost certainly means there's something wrong with the couple hmm. I had my first at 35 and expecting second at 36. I researched everything to within an inch of it's life but then would've done that no matter what age I was when I had my first- it's such a life changing event and you'd want to know everything.

titnomatani Mon 09-Dec-19 23:54:38

@CaptainMyCaptain- that would've been too much for me if my MIL had been that interfering- imagine that was his mum popping her head in/sitting on their bed and giving them a pep talk- there'd be uproar. Yes the mum is supportive of Syler but she needs to give both of them space and let them approach her to gently guide and support. She's massively full-on. And, I stick to my original point- she's faaaar too aggressive, confrontational, patronising when she speaks to (at) Mo. As mentioned previously- I'm not sure if she has a reason for that (in the first episode Syler mentioned hearing rumours that Mo might/might not be there for the birth so I'd assumed they might've been separated) but even then, she almost squares up to him like a bully.

I would've kicked him though re: the bottle. He did feed the baby in one go resulting in the baby crying- exactly as Syler had said he would. Grrrrr.

CaptainMyCaptain Tue 10-Dec-19 08:37:22

I didn't think they been separated, I thought he just wasn't sure about being present at the birth because it was so unheard of in his culture. I think he just couldn't stomach the idea. I don't hold out much hope for the future if the MiL doesn't back off though. In the first Episode I thought she was being supportive, I gave her the benefit of the doubt, now I think she's taken over completely and is treating Syler and Mo like babies too. I quite liked the way the older men talked to Mo in the pub though, they weren't being confrontational just saying 'it used to be like that here but things have moved on'.

SleepingStandingUp Tue 10-Dec-19 09:00:20

Altho I'm not sure how impressed I'd have been with Grandad taking him down the pub and leaving me home with the baby!!

Thry def need their own place

CaptainMyCaptain Tue 10-Dec-19 09:08:15

Maybe the men thought he needed the pep talk.

SleepingStandingUp Tue 10-Dec-19 10:07:21

Possibly and its lovely to see how they've welcomed him in but from her POV I'd be like erm, can you take the baby with you??

Foxton20 Tue 10-Dec-19 11:53:34

I think skyler has tubular breasts like myself which is why she wasn’t producing enough milk

MrsPelligrinoPetrichor Tue 10-Dec-19 12:03:50

I think skyler has tubular breasts like myself which is why she wasn’t producing enough milk

Doesn't need discussing though, up to her how she feeds her baby. She pumped loads of colostrum ,she did well.

MrsPelligrinoPetrichor Tue 10-Dec-19 12:06:06

Sorry,that was a bit snippy,I just feel this thread is a bit 'pile on Sylar'ans she's obviously reading.

MrsPelligrinoPetrichor Tue 10-Dec-19 12:06:29

**and

Foxton20 Tue 10-Dec-19 12:21:03

No, it wasn’t a bad thing. I was merely mentioning because it might have made her feel better and to know sometimes people actually can’t produce enough milk.

Foxton20 Tue 10-Dec-19 12:22:05

I know exactly how she felt those early days, where you wanted to feed but you physically couldn’t, my Dd was latched for 3 whole days practically and lost 10% body weight.

MrsPelligrinoPetrichor Tue 10-Dec-19 12:22:08

I realised that after I'd posted, I couldn't either. Still obviously hits a nerve 20 years onblush

OhWifey Tue 10-Dec-19 13:20:04

Bring latched three days straight can be entirely normal

Foxton20 Tue 10-Dec-19 13:40:13

It’s not when you have zero milk and the baby is constantly screaming because she is starving..

CiaoMay Tue 10-Dec-19 15:34:25

Its amazing how emotive feeding is. I couldn't get my baby to latch initially on me or a bottle as he jaundice and just fell asleep. Even though I wanted to breastfeed I thought i wouldn't mind if I couldn't but I was so upset to watch the nicu nurse feeding him because i couldn't. That's why I felt so sad seeing Syler doubt herself and think she hadn't produced enough pumping when she had. I really wanted someone to walk in and say wow well done!
Enjoying this thread as well - the programme has definitely got a good selection of families but interesting how Syler and Mo are the ones we seem most drawn to. Personally I think the pub chat seemed a bit guided. I can picture a producer asking them to sit and chat about sex roles.
Looking forward to the next episode!

MrsPelligrinoPetrichor Tue 10-Dec-19 17:12:13

Even though I wanted to breastfeed I thought i wouldn't mind if I couldn't but I was so upset to watch the nicu nurse feeding him because i couldn't

Urgghhh me too.

hobbler Tue 10-Dec-19 17:24:13

I’m loving this series. It’s making me really broody!

SleepingStandingUp Tue 10-Dec-19 17:53:19

,I just feel this thread is a bit 'pile on Sylar'ans she's obviously reading.
Tnf I think it's more "shame she didn't get more support and someone to tell her that's a ton load of milk so early!* I wish I could have pumped thst much, but then PICU accidentally defrosted it and wasted it before baby had a chance to take it

MyDcAreMarvel Tue 10-Dec-19 18:53:56

Can’t use left hand where ibuprofen? X

CaptainMyCaptain Wed 11-Dec-19 08:46:48

Can’t use left hand where ibuprofen? X
Just figured out that message was probably meant to be a text. I hope you found the ibuprofen.

MyDcAreMarvel Wed 11-Dec-19 10:54:59

Ahh yes it was , at least it was mundane and not embarrassing. In my defence I have a one month old and had woke from a short nap a bit disoriented. blush

MyDcAreMarvel Wed 11-Dec-19 10:55:24

And yes I found it thank you grin

gingersausage Wed 11-Dec-19 13:14:00

Syler is the same age as my daughter so her mum must be around my age so why wasn’t she giving her advice on safe sleeping and breastfeeding? That’s what puzzled me.

I really do think it’s time for another public health campaign targeted at SIDS. I know Back to Sleep reduced it by unimaginable amounts, but having watched this programme it’s obvious that the information is no longer reaching the target audience. It terrifies me that we might start to see a rise in cot deaths again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »