Talk

Advanced search

Dr Foster series 3?

(52 Posts)
TurnipCake Tue 03-Oct-17 22:38:40

It will be about James the teacher carving a life for himself in the spare room. It has been 4 years and Gemma is unaware he's still in the house

JustDanceAddict Tue 03-Oct-17 22:43:04

WEll
It is a big house for one person!

Willowy Tue 03-Oct-17 22:43:43

Like some crazed stalker

southeastdweller Tue 03-Oct-17 22:46:22

Surely it's going to happen when the ratings for the second series have been so good.

Willowy Tue 03-Oct-17 22:47:17

I hope they don’t make a series 3. It’s like they took a good concept and then turned all the characters into mentalists. Gemma should have binned off all her friends and her husband and just concentrated on her son and her job. Like a sane person. But that doesn’t make for god viewing though.

Willowy Tue 03-Oct-17 22:48:06

I think the ratings have been good on the back of the first series. And the fact that everything was batshit so it was compelling.

Willowy Tue 03-Oct-17 22:48:31

Good* not god. Ffs

TinkleWoed Tue 03-Oct-17 22:51:29

I was already thinking half way through the last one that it was all too bonkers, this series was just ridiculous-couldn't suspend my disbelief any longer...they've definitely left it open with that missing story line though...

Belindaboom Tue 03-Oct-17 22:53:25

I'm not watching it if they do. This series has been terrible with one or two good episodes thrown in to keep you watching.

The scenes with the Dad basically having a breakdown were not compelling, they were repulsive.

Willowy Tue 03-Oct-17 22:57:12

Yep Kate did Amelie a favour taking her to France xxx

augustusglupe Tue 03-Oct-17 23:12:19

Turnip grin grin
Me and DH were just shouting at the tele for the last half hour!
Suranne Jones can't act can she? Or is it over acting? Either way, what a load of old tosh. She spent 4 episodes not going to work, running around after her narc ex...but then when her son went missing and life really fell apart she went back to work like nothing had happened confused

squoosh Tue 03-Oct-17 23:12:23

It will be about James the teacher carving a life for himself in the spare room. It has been 4 years and Gemma is unaware he's still in the house

grin

clumsyduck Tue 03-Oct-17 23:15:28

turnip 😂😂grin this is not that unbelievable to be honest

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 03-Oct-17 23:18:49

Omg the finale was dire!! Utter rubbish. I won't be watching series 3 and I bet there WILL be one!

squoosh Tue 03-Oct-17 23:19:38

augustus I don't think she's a very good actor either. She never seemed at ease in the role all her energy seemed to be focused on that stupid accent. It seems all soap stars fancy themselves as the next Sarah Lancashire. None of them are as good as Sarah!

Willowy Tue 03-Oct-17 23:24:36

I preferred SJ in Scott and bailey

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 03-Oct-17 23:26:12

Who told Suranne Jones she could act? I wanted to punch her by the time the credits came on!!

Mad eyes and breathy voice,shit shoes and awful hair!

I'd have run away from those two if I'd been Tom,God almighty!

The script was SO dire!

No series 3 for me.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 03-Oct-17 23:26:45

She was good in Scott and Baily,I'll give her that.

ZuzuMyLittleGingersnap Tue 03-Oct-17 23:39:13

Ah! Found you all again!

I wondered where everybody disappeared to after last thread closed...I only read the title of this one, so got confused.

So many questions after that episode. Bloody Hell.

EnidButton Wed 04-Oct-17 02:01:00

If I hear the name Tom ever again, I'll scream.

Well, that was a load of ol'balls wasn't it? Do you think the ending was written for Tom (aaarrrgghh!) killing himself but they backed out and had him run away instead? It seemed unnecessarily over dramatic. Not I wanted that either but nothing actually happened. Ever.

I know it's late but when she spoke to the camera at the end I actually thought the entire thing was a stealth Missing Persons PSA and they would put up a helpline at the end.

EnidButton Wed 04-Oct-17 02:02:05

Sarah Lancashire is a goddess. She wouldn't have touched this with a six foot shitty stick.

southeastdweller Wed 04-Oct-17 07:56:17

I know she won a Bafta for the first series but I agree Suranne's been better in other things. Southern accents clearly aren't her thing.

Mumof41987 Wed 04-Oct-17 07:59:23

Can anyone enlighten me to what the point of James the teacher was ????

MissEliza Wed 04-Oct-17 09:21:03

Turnip grin

Willowy Wed 04-Oct-17 09:31:40

James was a bit of a spare part wasn’t he @Mumof41987

I think he just added an extra element of wtf as he was toms teacher

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: