Talk

Advanced search

Ridiculous Toast video - AIBU to think it's possible to be just TOO wafty?

(13 Posts)
LadyoftheBathtub Thu 24-Sep-09 18:57:31

On their home page, and they alerted me to it with a nice email.

IMO I have never seen so much tosh in my life, but what do you think? It takes their photo style one step further so it goes through stylish waftiness and out the other side into some kind of deranged haunted house/bleak landscape scenario. Imagine that was a holiday cottage you'd booked! I'd want my money back.

bodeniites Thu 24-Sep-09 19:12:08

pmsl would you really step into that bath it looks manky this video is hilarious the clothes are just non discript bring on the Boden BIRD SKIRT for Gods sake and liven (sp)things up

bodeniites Thu 24-Sep-09 19:16:43

and what sort of person goes down step a and into the bath backwards surely a health and safety issue there hope their holidays insured

TheBalladofGayTony Thu 24-Sep-09 19:16:49

i love it! but yes no amount of willowy women running up and down stairs will convince me that this is nothing but a tartan sack

TheBalladofGayTony Thu 24-Sep-09 19:18:12

the music is lovely though

Prunerz Thu 24-Sep-09 19:19:14

I tried that dress on in Selfridges! you are not wrong.

TheBalladofGayTony Thu 24-Sep-09 19:19:37

stalker!

TheBalladofGayTony Thu 24-Sep-09 19:21:52

what possessed you to try it on? was it for a homecoming party?

tulpe Thu 24-Sep-09 19:24:36

I like that dress blush

I love Toast clothes.

But that video is hilarious. You can see that the director was thinking "ethereal, cinematic etc". I watch and think "wanky, pretentious"

LadyoftheBathtub Thu 24-Sep-09 19:25:08

The music is nice, but a bit scary. Just adds to that "we've all been trapped in this weird house for 300 years and have gone a bit strange" vibe.

perdu Thu 24-Sep-09 19:30:42

motion sickness sad

moondog Thu 24-Sep-09 19:37:17

Hilarious.
Imagine showing that to someone from a less developed country and telling them well off folk aspire to live in derelict houses and wear feedsacks.

scrimble Thu 24-Sep-09 19:41:43

Sinister. What were they thinking?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now