Talk

Advanced search

OMG - I've discovered threading!

(37 Posts)
NewPenName Fri 11-Sep-09 16:03:46

just wanted to share - grin my face so much less hairy! First time ever and so pleased with results. am i going to feel like this in a few days/weeks though or is there a downside i should know about?!

ronshar Fri 11-Sep-09 16:04:40

Nope. Threading is fabulous.

RubyBlueberry Fri 11-Sep-09 16:05:12

where did you get it done?

NewPenName Fri 11-Sep-09 16:06:43

at a nail bar in my local debenhams - REALLY recommend it and only wished someone had frogmarched me there sooner!
ronshar - what'#s the regrowth lke though, stubbly?

CybilLiberty Fri 11-Sep-09 16:06:44

Do they do your whole face? I have blonde hairs on my chin and lower cheeks which I currently attack in a good light with a magnifying mirror and some tweezers.

NewPenName Fri 11-Sep-09 16:10:32

well, I@m not quite hairy enough to need my whole face done wink
No, i went in to get my (really bushy) brows done and got persuaded to have my upper lip done too - really glad!

CMOTdibbler Fri 11-Sep-09 16:14:05

Brilliant isn't it !

You can have as much as your face done as you like - the place I go to have a price for full face.

Regrowth isn't stubbly - in fact they grow back finer

MichKit Fri 11-Sep-09 16:17:47

Its painful!! Though I like the shape they give my brows. Have been threading eyebrows/upperlip since I was 13, but recently have been converted to waxing (due to a lack of professional threaders in Liverpool and an amazing waxing lady )

DeathbyDora Fri 11-Sep-09 16:20:10

I had it done once but it literally felt like my skin was being ripped off! Have never bothered since.
Did I just get a crappy therapist or is it normally that painful!??

ABitBatty Fri 11-Sep-09 16:47:35

I recently discovered threading too. Had my eyebrows done twice now. I think it hurts a lot! My eyes were watering, hurt much more than waxing ever did! It is so worth it though, the shape and finish is amazing. I am not particularly fond of the feeling of all the hairs fluttering down my cheeks though grin it's only £3 though so can't complain!

happilyeverafter Fri 11-Sep-09 17:52:28

I had it done too and it --fucking caned-- hurt. Never again.

Finish is excellent, better than waxing but I would only have it done again under epidural.

NewPenName Fri 11-Sep-09 18:23:21

really? Thought i was quite a wuss but found it painful but still tolerable - she asked me to hold the skin and stretch it myself, which helped and being quick made it bearable.

notjustapuppymum Fri 11-Sep-09 19:23:01

I find it more painful than waxing too but it is worth it as the results are so much better and it lasts 10 weeks + on me as opposed to 6.

southeastastra Fri 11-Sep-09 19:24:19

ooh weird i was going to start a thread asking about this. my eyebrows are so thick and i can never do them but a lady was doing them at a fete and i'm very tempted to book her

scroobiuspirate Fri 11-Sep-09 19:27:15

why does it hurt so much/ does it grab at lots of hairs in one go?

how IS it done?!

ronshar Fri 11-Sep-09 19:47:24

I have really thich hair and cant have waxing because I always get ingrowing hair. But Threading was such an excellent find. I had it done in Debenhams as well but then the woman left. My Gym instructor does it in her salon so I shall be going there from now on.
I found the regrowth pretty good. I have tried to keep the shape she gave me with tweezers but I am crap at itsmile

Cant recommend it enough.

Jagsy Fri 11-Sep-09 19:49:27

Hi, my first post so bear with me..
I have been having my brows and upper lip threaded for many years now and the lady told me to avoid having it done during my period as skin is more sensitive! I also stretch and hold the area taut so very mild pain

ronshar Fri 11-Sep-09 19:49:58

They use a fine thread, cotton I think, & twist it around the hairs. It hurts because it grabs several in one go.
My bushey caterpillars were dealt with in 10 mins.

ronshar Fri 11-Sep-09 19:50:59

Welcome jagsy. A lovely gentle thread to start yourself off with.
He he, get it, haha.

Jagsy Fri 11-Sep-09 20:08:55

Lol ronshar! Just my type of humour

chimchar Fri 11-Sep-09 20:12:59

sooooo. if waxing, tweezing and threading all remove the hair and the root bit too, why does threading last longer than the others? hmm

ronshar Fri 11-Sep-09 20:35:39

Absolutely no idea.smile

Crapweasel Fri 11-Sep-09 20:39:24

I had my eyebrows threaded for the first time last week (also in Debenhams!)

Have to say of plucking (someone else doing it)/waxing/threading I'd say it was perhaps the least painful of the three.

Having been scarred by my last waxing experience probably didn't help the waxing vote though.

Mumcentreplus Fri 11-Sep-09 20:47:45

Threading is the one! perfectly shaped brows no strays..Asian or Turkish threaders the best..cheap and good..3 quid for eyebrows (if you know where to go)wink

haventsleptforayear Fri 11-Sep-09 20:54:11

Why is it better than plucking?

I get the beautician to pluck mine because I'm scared the wax on my face will scar me and have ultra-sensitive/eczema skin.

She spends about 10 minutes and seems to remove the hairs I can't see (has a special light).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now