Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I am a norky size 18 - will this dress fit me?

(11 Posts)
Erbert Sat 08-Aug-09 17:36:31

Looks stretchy hmm

www.greatplains.co.uk/product/J1AH1/Charlotte+Dress.htm

Thanks!

HecatesTwopenceworth Sat 08-Aug-09 17:38:53

Yes. If you get it in a size 18! grin How do their sizes compare? I noticed they just do s, m, l, xl. Where does 18 come in on that?

HecatesTwopenceworth Sat 08-Aug-09 17:40:52

ah, just seen.

18 would be xxl

bloody hell! Bet that makes you feel good about yourself!!

can you try it and return it if it's no good?

KristinaM Sat 08-Aug-09 19:46:46

lovely colour. but i fear the xxl may fit you but not suit you

unless you are under 30 and tall

if you are over 35 and under 5'6 it may make you look...ahem...matronly. i think teh legth is a bit frumpy

i speak from experience as the owner of ample norkage

sorry

cornsillk Sat 08-Aug-09 19:49:10

That's a lovely dress. I find that great plains are a bit on the snug side though. I think it would be good for large norks.

LaurieFairyCake Sat 08-Aug-09 19:59:35

They only do this in an XL - an 18 is a XXL

I haven't found anything in Great Plains sale that is an 18 (or xxl) and trawled for an hour earlier

mazzystartled Sat 08-Aug-09 20:16:44

I think it would probably fit ok

I am a very curvy 16 (big boobs, smaller waist) and often buy ls or sometimes xls in great plains.

I think the high waist will be more of a prblem though - will be v low cut - dare say you would need a vest.

and i think the puff sleeves could look a bit frumpy if your arms are even remotely chunky

Icantbelieveit Sat 08-Aug-09 21:19:12

I'm not sure this is the best dress for you I agree with KristinaM that it is a bit frumpy espesially if you're size 18 and norky.

The shape of the top bit is great, but I think you can find something better in a different pattern, different sleeves and different length.

violet2006 Sat 08-Aug-09 22:30:04

I am a size 16-18 and nothing in great plains fits me - that said I can easily fit into tops from french connection which is the same company..that said as it is elasticated it may be worth a try!

Erbert Sat 08-Aug-09 23:18:09

Thanks everyone! Not sure what to think - am still bf so would wear with a vest. Am 5ft8, long legs, fairly good arms, short body - bit of an apple shape, gathering just under bust suits me well as this is my narrowest area. I have a bf dress similar to this - sleeveless which I wear with black cardi.

Think I will probably leave it. sad

Icantbelieveit Sun 09-Aug-09 09:14:36

You can always get it and try it on, sometimes something that looks awful on the hanger can look great on a person.
If you don't like it send it back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now