Talk

Advanced search

What size to order from Boden?

(14 Posts)
Jewelsandgems Mon 03-Aug-09 14:45:51

Am going to order this dress:

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Sale/Womens-Dresses/WH148/Womens-Double-Layer-Jersey-Dress.html

and this is my first boden order (except mini) I am a size 10 in topshop, 8 in next. What size should I order from Boden?

Jewelsandgems Mon 03-Aug-09 15:48:42

bump

kittywise Mon 03-Aug-09 15:51:04

I would say that Boden comes up really quite big.

I would go for the 8. I am an average size 8 but Boden is always a big on the big side for me.

I guess they size big to make people feel betterwink

flowerybeanbag Mon 03-Aug-09 15:56:07

I find dresses come uo quite big, I always get a 10 and would usually be a 10 or 12 depending on cut in most shops

fishie Mon 03-Aug-09 15:57:42

def get an 8 with that dress, it doesn't look as though it has any non stretchy bits so you should be able to get in and out of it.

Jewelsandgems Mon 03-Aug-09 16:18:00

Thanks Girls I have ordered the 8R. (excited emoticon)

Do you also think I can wear it in autumn with boots? It is hard to tell from the picture. What do you think?

LynetteScavo Mon 03-Aug-09 16:21:16

I think it will be very thin material, so might be a bit thin to go with boots.

Jewelsandgems Mon 03-Aug-09 21:29:38

Aah I see, yes it could be thin. I suppose the description of Jersey had me thinking it may be suitable for autumn layering, ong sleeved T under, over jeans etc.

Has anyone got this dress? Also, cannot tell if the colour is more pink, or red.

maggievirgo Mon 03-Aug-09 21:44:11

come back and let us know, because that sizing analogy was a good one. I'd be a ten in next and a 12 in topshop, so when the dress arrives, try it on and dig out this thread ok!?

joliejolie Mon 03-Aug-09 23:03:08

I have this dress and I bought a size smaller than I usually wear.

joliejolie Mon 03-Aug-09 23:04:09

And it is thinish, but I wore mine with boots the other day and it was fine. Great for autumn with a cardi.

Jewelsandgems Tue 04-Aug-09 07:44:54

Oooh joliejolie thanks! (am so glad it can be worn in autumn too)

I may have to buy some new boots

Jewelsandgems Thu 06-Aug-09 19:37:51

Just received the dress in an 8 and even that is generous! But the dress is gorgeous - a lovely red, smoky blue and brown pattern - perfect for autumn (and I think totally wearable for winter too! Alot nicer than the winter prints for the same dress in the Boden new season IMO)

Anyway, this is my first boden purchase and totally worth £39!

joliejolie Fri 07-Aug-09 09:59:34

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now