Talk

Advanced search

Where to get flat not fuggly work shoes ?

(15 Posts)
habibihabibi Sat 02-May-20 05:51:06

When I return to work I will be in a role where I need smarter shoes but I can't wear heels. Where can I get wider sized smart leather shoes?
When I was in London I bought ballet pumps and loafers from blue velvet but they have a rubbish website and are pricey.
What does everyone else wear?

OP’s posts: |
DryHeave Sat 02-May-20 05:53:21

M&S do a good wider fit range.

Shosha1 Sat 02-May-20 06:03:49

Do they need to be black? Plain? If not look at socofy shoes. I have 5 pairs, mist in the hand painted, but do have a pair of plain black.
They fit beautifully (I'm a 4.5) real leather and a joy to wear.

snappycamper Sat 02-May-20 06:12:39

I bought a pair of Hamble Oaks from Clarks just before the lockdown. Haven't had a chance to wear them to work yet but they are so comfy. I have big, wide feet and had always steered clear of brogues as i thought they'd make my feet look even bigger but they don't at all.

https://www.clarks.co.uk/c/Hamble-Oak/p/20350674

habibihabibi Sat 02-May-20 06:41:04

Just need to be flat so any colour is fine. I'd prefer something breezy as live in a hot country but can order from UK.

OP’s posts: |
Pixxie7 Sat 02-May-20 07:08:48

Hotter shoes have a good selection.

wontletmeout Sat 02-May-20 07:18:43

Boden have some lovely flats which are still quite feminine but manage to be smart at the same time. Lots in the sale at the mo.

M&S have some wide fit shoes too - I got some silver loafers from there a while ago and they're like walking on air!

CheshireSplat Sat 02-May-20 07:22:27

I like Pikolinos, i have 2 pairs of tan leather ones which work for work and casual. V comfortable. But you might think they're ugly... 😁

Ebbenmeowgi Sat 02-May-20 08:28:18

El naturalists have lovely wide shoes and boots

mizu Sat 02-May-20 10:33:43

These are lovely. Zara. Leather.

Shosha1 Sat 02-May-20 11:58:40

If your in a warm country, I have these in every colour. Dont be put off my the sole. Most comfortable shoes I've ever had.
nc.ggood.vip/dt9w

Shosha1 Sat 02-May-20 12:00:30

Also got these. Love them and have lasted well.
nc.ggood.vip/eaz0

brassbrass Sat 02-May-20 12:03:01

I like zalando for shoes especially flats. Lots of unknown (to me) brands and good range of prices.

Sushiroller Sat 02-May-20 12:05:40

I like m and s too.

i now have about 3 pairs of Russell and bromley chesters and swear by them.

They are expensive but you can often get them in the sale fof about £100

They look professional, are versatile and provide good support.
They have outlasted all other shoes I own.

SliAnCroix Sat 02-May-20 12:10:56

I got a pair of pewter brogues from clarks recently. Very comfortable. I might buy a white pair for summer.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in