Talk

Advanced search

Designer bags to fit a laptop

(15 Posts)
Somewheredreamingofcheesecake Fri 18-Oct-19 16:21:14

I'm going through a shit time at work but at the end of it I am likely to come into a wodge of cash if I manage to keep my cool and rise above it all. Most of that is going to nice sensible places I want to earmark some of it for a really nice bag I can stare at a picture of and remind myself it is worth not walking out 😁

So. I have around £2k to spend on a fairly simple bag that I can use everyday for work, will fit a decent sized laptop and papers, is fairly classic (this needs to last years) and will go as well with a suit as with hoodie and jeans (likely to be more of the latter!). I'm a bit of a reverse snob so nothing covered in labels.

Any ideas? I would go higher than 2k for something I absolutely loved but that already seems a rediculous amount of money.

gwackywacky Fri 18-Oct-19 16:28:10

You want to spend 2k on a bag but describe yourself as a reverse snob? confused

ShirleyPhallus Fri 18-Oct-19 16:31:31

I have a mulberry which perfectly fits a laptop, not covered in labels and is basically beautiful!

I know exactly what you mean about the labels thing btw, the classic LV ones have the logo printed all over the bag and the YSL ones can have large metallic logo buckles which aren’t very discrete

piggybenben Fri 18-Oct-19 16:31:48

Pradasmile

Somewheredreamingofcheesecake Fri 18-Oct-19 18:11:30

Prada was where I was naturally going but I'm really struggling to work out what will fit what. I'll look at Mulberry too. Which bag is it?

Reverse snob might not be the right word. Basically I don't like obvious labels as @ShirleyPhallus described. I'm happy for a bag that's a thing of beauty to me, I don't want to shout about where I bought it from. I have a YSL shopper I love for example but I need something with more protection.

RonniePasas Fri 18-Oct-19 18:56:30

Mulberry double zip Bayswater if they still make them. Gorgeous but they are heavy even when empty.

Normal Mulberry Bayswater fits a smallish laptop, you'd be astounded what they can fit in (I have 3 ...), very durable and hard wearing

MrsMaiselsMuff Fri 18-Oct-19 19:01:41

Isn't a Bayswater about as obvious as can be?

RonniePasas Fri 18-Oct-19 19:03:08

Just had a squiz at the Mulberry website for you grin
new Piccadilly looks like a huge Bayswater, lovely.

Or Anthony if you're happier with a more casual, messenger style

PegasusReturns Fri 18-Oct-19 19:07:03

I'm getting one of these at the weekend smile

Somewheredreamingofcheesecake Fri 18-Oct-19 20:09:18

Thanks everyone. Definitely some eye candy there 😁

StatisticallyChallenged Fri 18-Oct-19 23:20:16

The new Mulberry Bayswater swallows my fairly large dell laptop no problem, as does my GM Louis Vuitton Alma.

Lhastingsmua Fri 18-Oct-19 23:32:37

I think a designer back that can carry a laptop for everyday use and last for years is a bit of an oxymoron, because your bag will probably get a bit tatty and lose it’s shape etc.

GrumpyHoonMain Fri 18-Oct-19 23:41:06

For my laptop I prefer the open Kate Spade totes. The bags are not only big enough for all the tech I need to carry including chargers, but they also have the ability to put your own over shoulder strap so you can get a comfy one and then hide it back into the back when you get to work. They are cheaper than 2K but you could probably use your savings to get an amazing Chanel bag to go inside it grin

rosesandcashmere Fri 18-Oct-19 23:49:29

Prada double bag fits mine but unsure if it goes with a hoodie

Lhastingsmua Fri 18-Oct-19 23:57:05

Not sure what you mean by YSL shopper - I would consider Large sac du jour if you don’t have it and it fits your laptop in.

The bag itself is recognisable by its shape but it doesn’t scream designer like Louis Vuitton monogram print. It’s also super versatile, would suit corporate attire and I have seen bloggers style it with hoodies etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »