Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Anti ageing cream for oily skin

(21 Posts)
Chocwocdoodah Sat 02-Dec-17 22:16:13

I’ve got pretty oily skin. Can never find anti-ageing products that are for my skin type and contain spf.

So at the mo, all I use is a La Rochay SPF 50 which is really just a sunscreen but I like that it doesn’t make my skin greasy. But I feel like I should be using a cream with specific anti-ageing properties especially as I’m sure my skin is starting to sag a little.

So has anyone found a good anti-aging cream for oily skin and should I wear it over the sunscreen or under?

iamghosted Sat 02-Dec-17 22:16:52

Following

HeyMacWey Sat 02-Dec-17 22:41:33

I use lrp redermic at night time or one of the ordinary's retinol offerings.

Don't worry about using an anti-aging day cream as well just continue with the high spf.

I've also seen good results with the ordinary's buffet serum which I use in the morning round my eyes. I'm sure my fine lines have reduced with this and the retinol added creams.

I'm oily and early 40's

Chocwocdoodah Sat 02-Dec-17 23:04:43

Hey - I’ve just looked up the IRP Redermic - sounds really good! What do you use on your face during the day?

HeyMacWey Sun 03-Dec-17 07:43:20

In the day I use a hada labo hyaluronic serum, then the ordinary buffet round my eyes, then the ordinary vit c serum and finish with a spf 50.

HeyMacWey Sun 03-Dec-17 07:45:40

Meant to add that you're unlikely to find a day cream that has enough added spf to be effective.

Gruach Sun 03-Dec-17 07:54:01

But surely oily skin is its own defence against 'aging'? You don't say how old you are - but, all other things bring equal, you have a good chance of retaining glowy, relatively unwrinkled skin for longer than someone without oily skin.

I'd be surprised if any cream has a noticeable effect on sagging.

Chocwocdoodah Sun 03-Dec-17 15:20:36

Hi Gruach. I think it’s a bit of a myth that oily skin doesn’t need moisture. I know there’s no magic potion that can stop wrinkles,sagging etc but there are so many creams out there with alleged anti-ageing properties that can help protect against ageing that there must be one I can use! I just feel that using an SPF only is not helping keep my skin smooth and supple etc.

I’m 38,by the way.

Fresta Sun 03-Dec-17 15:27:13

Pauls's Choice

Gruach Sun 03-Dec-17 15:46:23

Oh, I wasn't suggesting absence of need for moisturiser!

Hope someone suggests something helpful.

Chocwocdoodah Sun 03-Dec-17 21:42:01

Ah, I see Grauch. Love that you said I might “retain glowy skin” - not sure I’ve ever had it in the first place! 😆

NumberEightyOne Sun 03-Dec-17 21:43:40

Have you tried the No. 7 Protect and Perfect range?

Chocwocdoodah Sun 03-Dec-17 22:38:09

No - any particular product you’d recommend, Numbereightyone?

NumberEightyOne Sun 03-Dec-17 22:46:17

Try the Advanced Serum.

Chocwocdoodah Sun 03-Dec-17 23:39:31

Great, thanks.
So should my spf always go on last? If I put spf 50 on then a foundation that’s got spf 20, for example, does the foundation override the spf cream?

HeyMacWey Mon 04-Dec-17 12:04:00

Yes

HeyMacWey Mon 04-Dec-17 12:05:01

Sorry - yes to spf on last.

mowglik Mon 04-Dec-17 12:12:47

Paula’s choice has an oily skin anti-ageing range, they have a tinted moisturiser with quite high spf as well (that is also anti ageing and for oily skin).

You can buy a sample kit that contains samples of the range. The BHA toner is amazing btw

mowglik Mon 04-Dec-17 12:16:09

Here is the rest of the resist range there is a moisturiser with SPF50 as well

Dustbunny1900 Mon 04-Dec-17 17:04:31

Cerave day lotion (or night lotion- both are great. Sink into skin quickly feeling velvety and contain hyaluronic acid and ceramides)

But always put a physical broad spectrum spf last, after skin care

Chocwocdoodah Mon 04-Dec-17 20:45:20

Thanks all - Paula’s Choice looks particularly good!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: