Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Oops! Bought kids boots!

(29 Posts)
PrincessWatermelon Tue 19-Sep-17 17:09:18

Went into Sainsbury's as they have the 25% off clothes, to get my two DDs new boots. They had just 2 pairs left of some lovely boots, not the right sizes for them, but one was a size 4 so fitted me. Will it be really obvious do you think they were kids ones?

imjessie Tue 19-Sep-17 17:19:28

I ordered the Boden kids ones but decided they did look like kids boots . Throws sort of do but I think you could get away with it 😬😬

InvisibleKittenAttack Tue 19-Sep-17 19:55:44

I thought silver sparkly boots were in fashion this winter.

ineedamoreadultieradult Tue 19-Sep-17 19:57:00

I think they could be either but I wouldn't look at an adult wearing them and think they had kids boots on.

PrincessWatermelon Tue 19-Sep-17 20:47:06

Fabulous! Thanks. I shall wear them with my head held high (not least so I don't see the 8yos wearing the same ones!!).

Thethreegraces Tue 19-Sep-17 20:47:24

I bought a pair of black studded biker boots from M&S for £28 last week. A similar adult pair would have set me back atleast £40, they are very comfy and have proper grips.

Thethreegraces Tue 19-Sep-17 20:48:12

From M&S kids section

Maudlinmaud Tue 19-Sep-17 20:50:29

Kids shoes are the best. I love next, got myself a pair of ash lookie likes a few years ago and wore them to death. Those boots are nice.

LimpidPools Tue 19-Sep-17 20:50:55

I'm a grown up and I like them and would wear them.

Not much chance of that though as I'm a size 8. hmm

Bombardier25966 Tue 19-Sep-17 20:59:09

I like them but, as another person small of foot, think they would look like kids shoes. Nothing wrong with that, just a bit quirky.

(And quirky is good!)

Callamia Tue 19-Sep-17 21:00:39

I've bought Boden kids ones this year, and I love them. I'm a size 4 too.

CountFosco Tue 19-Sep-17 21:49:16

The Boden boots are you all buying the Chelsea boots? I was lusting after the navy ones but wasn' t sure after trying some girl's shoes that really looked too much like kids shoes. I do have several pairs of kids trainers though, saves me a fortune!

PrincessWatermelon Tue 19-Sep-17 21:49:23

It's never occurred to me to buy children's shoes before. I almost thought their size 4 was smaller than an adult. Though I realise that obviously makes no sense! Will keep an eye out at Next and Boden from now on!

Callamia Tue 19-Sep-17 22:29:10

I've got the tan ones Count, they don't look really cutesy. I think I can get away with them as an adult. tbh, I don't care - I want gold elastics on my boots.

PopcornBits Tue 19-Sep-17 22:40:28

I'm a size 7. Just by curiosity I checked Next to see if they do a kids size 7, they actually go up to an adults size 8 in kids shoes... figure that one out!

BrianBettyGrable Tue 19-Sep-17 22:43:50

I just bought pjs from the boys section in m&s. Age 15-16 is a great fit! Love your boots!

Evewasinnocent Tue 19-Sep-17 23:12:31

I buy loads of kids shoes and boots (Ugg children's sandals are good - have been stopped often and given compliments on my favourites - once in Rome!) - much cheaper and the way to go (though be selective - some are a bit too 'kiddie'). Love your boots btw!

CountFosco Wed 20-Sep-17 16:27:58

I've got the tan ones Count, they don't look really cutesy. I think I can get away with them as an adult. tbh, I don't care - I want gold elastics on my boots.

ARGH! My shoe habit does really not need you enabling me rushes to Boden website to buy boots.

Toomanycats99 Wed 20-Sep-17 16:30:45

@PopcornBits just turned 10 dd is a 5.5-6 in shoes and she has a friend who is a 7!

I'm hoping her feet stop soon!

imjessie Wed 20-Sep-17 16:55:59

I bought the red Boden ones with the silver star , they are super comfy but I do look like I have children's shoes on 😬

MargotLovedTom1 Wed 20-Sep-17 16:59:07

Popcorn I've tried to order various sandals and boots from Next children's wear in a 6.5 or 7 and they always seem to be the first sizes to have sold out. A lot of savvy women out there I think wink.

MargotLovedTom1 Wed 20-Sep-17 17:00:44

Sorry forgot to answer OP. I do think they look very young, but if you like them then what the hell!

YouAndYourFloofyCatNose Wed 20-Sep-17 17:06:05

I like them, wear them with pride smile

I always buy childrens shoes and clothes, M & S boys' uniform jumpers are good quality and perfect fit for me, and H and M teen range (age 13 - 14 blush) are just right grin

Fekko Wed 20-Sep-17 17:07:45

I buy kids shoes as I have small feet. The boots aren't obviously kids - my friend bough a pair of adult sized Hello Kitty shoes, so I think you'll be ok.

MuddlingThroughLife Wed 20-Sep-17 17:09:07

I'm a size 2 so the majority of my shoes are from the kids section!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now