Talk

Advanced search

Where do you buy bikinis????

(50 Posts)
Mammyofonlyone Sun 19-Mar-17 21:26:49

We're going on our first beach/pool type holiday this year for a long time (since giving birth). It's years since I have worn a bikini and only recently threw all my old ones away (about two months before booking this holiday.......!). I've no idea where to start. What styles are flattering? Where has a good selection? If anyone has any recommendations it would be great, as I'm not relishing the prospect of shopping for them. Thanks.

Foldedtshirt Sun 19-Mar-17 21:33:00

Department stores and supermarkets! They often seem to be on out of season sale and I have literally dozens from vv posh Melissa Obadash and seafolly to £2 Tesco black briefs. That way I avoid the excruciating wriggling around in changing rooms, I reject only on comfort grounds once home and love wearing them.

Foldedtshirt Sun 19-Mar-17 21:36:07

^^ what I mean is that 2/3 times a year I'll spend £20/30 on a several sets and separates.

rookiemere Sun 19-Mar-17 21:40:16

Next has a good selection of underwired ones.

Laquila Sun 19-Mar-17 21:42:07

Very much depends how much support you need, IME! Smaller cup sizes are easy to find, and supermarkets often have a good selection, but I'm a 32F and find it very tricky to get good supportive swimwear. In my younger (and more pert!) days I just used to buy black triangle bikinis from anywhere, it those days are sadly gone...

There's a brand called Pour Moi that does reasonably priced cup-sized swimwear - some designs are a bit crazy but the plainer ones are nice.

Petalbird Sun 19-Mar-17 21:45:37

M and s usually have a good selection of bottoms that actually cover (more short shorts than briefs) Debenham's do a good selection of sizes of top bits

Glitteryfrog Sun 19-Mar-17 21:45:50

Decathlon had a few nice ones last year - sort of Hawaiian print.

My fave is a Roxy (or it might be Billabong) from a skate/surf shop.

Foldedtshirt Sun 19-Mar-17 21:54:54

Good point Laquila my cheap and cheerful mixy matchy technique works because I don't need support or even much coverage.

HardcoreLadyType Sun 19-Mar-17 21:57:10

Figleaves.

Get a load, try them on, keep the ones you like and send the rest back.

fruitpastille Sun 19-Mar-17 21:57:57

Bravissimo do really supportive ones.

OverthinkingSpartacus Sun 19-Mar-17 22:10:02

All of mine are from Primark, Brilliant range of styles and sizes and some if them are a good six/seven years old. I've picked a couple of tops and bottoms seperate bits from supermarkets sales.

I bought a couple of plain black ones and then pick up individual pieces as whenever I see a sale, even if I'm. It planning on a holiday, if they are cheap I'll pick them up. Having a set means that any top will go with the bottoms and vice versa.

Last year, near Christmas, Tesco had a load of mismatched bikini bottoms on sale for 20p a pair and the tops £1 each. I bought one of every style available in my size and ended up with 10 pairs of bottoms and five tops for £7 smile

Iamastonished Sun 19-Mar-17 22:29:04

M and S and Debenhams have a good choice. My last two bikinis came from Debenhams.

Shenanagins Sun 19-Mar-17 22:29:25

Next online have a lot including other brands such as pour moi.

TealStar Sun 19-Mar-17 22:30:31

Boden. Always. I don't buy anything much else from there but their bikinis are fantastic and last really well.

PacificDogwod Sun 19-Mar-17 22:31:53

Land's End, believe it or not.
Not cheap, but fantastic quality and actually cover everything I need covering.

rookiemere Sun 19-Mar-17 22:33:35

Boden not so good for the well endowed- no underwired or very supportive bikini tops. But lovely if you have the right shape.

PacificDogwod Sun 19-Mar-17 22:34:59

Yes, I never got on with Boden.

I suppose if you think your shape has changed I'd go to a big department store or surf shop and try lots of styles on tbh.

TealStar Sun 19-Mar-17 22:36:10

Tbf I have a straight up and down figure, so not a lot of support needed!

seefeld Sun 19-Mar-17 23:00:44

Seafolly has gorgeous styles but they're pretty expensive so I try to buy in the sale. I've also got a couple of bikinis from Boden which I find are cut flatteringly and seem good quality.

Faz2015 Sun 19-Mar-17 23:03:50

To max has some good ones!!

JustCallMeKate Sun 19-Mar-17 23:14:10

I buy these. Floozie bikinis are also fab from Debenhams.

lovemyboo Mon 20-Mar-17 00:17:57

Check out Leia, they have a sale on at the mo. I bought loads of bikinis from there last year.

I also bought a Ted Baker swimming costume which looks hot!

BadlyDrawnBuoy Mon 20-Mar-17 07:30:51

Always a good selection here:

www.swimwear365.co.uk/womens/bikinis/_/N-19Z1z141wx

BigGreenOlives Mon 20-Mar-17 07:41:25

Have you bought a Lascana bikini @BadlyDrawnBuoy? I'm a 30/32 rib cage so should I go for the smallest size? Cup size is F or FF. Thank you.

Lebranic Mon 20-Mar-17 08:34:21

Freya. search in your bra size. Perfect for me - saggy 32d

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now