Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

stylish and casual or ridiculous teletubbie?

(10 Posts)
poppym12 Wed 22-Feb-17 10:39:59

I fear I may have lost the plot. Looking for something casual to travel in that isn't jeans (legs too fat for leggings). What do you think?

chantico Wed 22-Feb-17 10:41:54

I don't think that's a good choice for travel - unless you have the bladder of an elephant.

LadyOfTheCanyon Wed 22-Feb-17 11:10:49

I don't think it looks good even on the model to be honest. No-ones legs are too fat for leggings!
And if you feel that they are -unless you are disproportionately big on the bottom half, wouldn't you feel exposed on top?
Seconding the elephant bladder comment!

NoArmaniNoPunani Wed 22-Feb-17 11:12:11

That type of thing as separates would be fine.

Bluntness100 Wed 22-Feb-17 11:12:40

Actually I quite like that, but think maybe you need to be slim to get away with it.

Lady, yes a lot of people shouldn't wear leggings who do.

plimsolls Wed 22-Feb-17 11:15:22

I'd go for something similar but in separates. I've got a pair of thick jersey wide leg culotte things which are really comfortable and look great. I bought them abroad a few years ago but I'm sure are plenty available now. ASOS is probably your friend here.

plimsolls Wed 22-Feb-17 11:18:13

In fact:

www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=7289744

www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=7263111

I may buy a new pair as mine have faded a bit and probably too small post-baby. You've reminded me how much I love them.

EggsEleven Wed 22-Feb-17 11:27:18

Would be a pain going to the loo in that on a plane or train.

Oldraver Wed 22-Feb-17 11:46:26

What the fuck is the Asos model wearing under those sweat pants ?

I cant figure if it's some kind of bondage wear or a giant sanitary belt

poppym12 Wed 22-Feb-17 11:56:10

In my head I'm still svelte so thanks for bringing me back down to earth grin. I do like it but may look for separates - far more practical as you've mentioned.
As for leggings, I'm afraid I'm probably in the minority as I think they look OK on really slim, young students but I don't like them on me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: