Talk

Advanced search

I need an interview outfit

(12 Posts)
Bombaypotatoes Tue 07-Feb-17 21:07:10

Big job interview coming up soon and I don't have an outfit.
I'm 5"3 and wear a size 12 (but have a rather large amount of stomach fat and large hips I'd like to hide).
Last time I interviewed for a role like this everyone was in pencil skirts and blazers but that isn't going going to work post DC confused
I also don't have a particularly high budget (max £30) which doesn't help. Can anyone inspire me?

Laquila Tue 07-Feb-17 21:12:33

Following for ideas - I have an interview next week and no idea what to wear! I'm a 12 too, about 5ft7. I have some Gap bi-stretch skinny ankle pants but after that I'm stumped! Shoes?! What flat shoes do people wear in the post-ballet-pump era??...

Brillenbar Tue 07-Feb-17 21:28:56

You're unlikely to get a whole new outfit with 30 quid do you have some trousers and a top that fit and you could just get a boucle cardi type thing to make it into a smart serious outfit?

Bombaypotatoes Tue 07-Feb-17 21:41:10

I have shoes and a couple of tops. Maybe a blazer although it's an old one. That would leave £30 to buy a skirt or trousers. Or maybe even a dress?

Fourbyfour Tue 07-Feb-17 21:42:32

What type of working environment is the role in?

ActuallyThatsSUPREMECommander Tue 07-Feb-17 21:45:28

Sainsbury's can be good for cheap workwear apparently.

LiefieLiefie Tue 07-Feb-17 21:51:39

Sainsburys have a couple of great ponte dresses at the moment, one in navy. What colour is your blazer?

Also have a look on Next Clearance. Just seen a few tailored dresses for £18-25.

Laquila I've had interviews this week and have worn loafers - have a black pair and a leopard print pair from River Island.

Bombaypotatoes Tue 07-Feb-17 21:56:50

It's in the travel industry. I worked I. It for 7 years pre dc so I should know what to wear.

My blazer is navy. I could also get hold of a black one easily. I shall have a look in sainsburys tomorrow

Brillenbar Tue 07-Feb-17 21:59:06

Maybe this type of thing m.zara.com/uk/en/woman/knitwear/view-all/knit-cardigan-c0p4310780.html over black trousers or skirt if you like it at all? Or this shop.mango.com/GB/p0/woman/clothing/jackets/jackets/textured-cotton-blend-jacket?id=71035602_99&n=1&s=rebajas_she.chaquetas

Or dresses shop.mango.com/GB/p0/woman/clothing/dresses/short/fitted-textured-dress?id=71013595_02&n=1&s=rebajas_she.vestidosprendas which they have in patterned or black or navy depending on the blazer you have?

Need to know a bit more about role and what you like. But mango looks promising. Also, maybe bizarrely, Jaeger outlet.

Brillenbar Tue 07-Feb-17 22:12:45

Maybe this m.boden.co.uk/en-gb/clearance/womens-dresses/wrap-dresses/ww107-red/womens-garnet-diagonal-spot-cressida-dress? With navy blazer? Or this m.boden.co.uk/en-gb/clearance/womens-dresses/day-dresses/ww091-dbl/womens-navy-floral-spot-placement-rachel-dress or this m.boden.co.uk/en-gb/clearance/womens-dresses/day-dresses/ww131-nav/womens-navy-audrey-dress or this is very classic if the have your size and it's your type of thing m.boden.co.uk/en-gb/clearance/womens-dresses/smart-day-dresses/ww116-pnk/womens-pom-pom-elsa-ottoman-dress

Enough boden!

blueshoes Tue 07-Feb-17 22:54:53

For £30, I think you'd be looking at a dress, rather than separates or a suit.

For this price range, ASOS has a decent selection, including petite sizes: www.asos.com/women/sale/dresses/cat/?cid=5235&refine=attribute_1012:4459¤tpricerange=0-300&pgesize=204

NotMeNoNo Wed 08-Feb-17 00:10:56

Don't forget tkmaxx, website as well as shops. Plenty of dresses for your budget.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now