Talk

Advanced search

Please can someone help me with handbags? I'm clueless

(13 Posts)
KatamariDamacy Fri 03-Feb-17 10:32:26

So I'm really not a handbag person. I will buy one, not like it much, use it till it falls apart, then buy another one that I don't like. I've never got the hang of them.

Well, my current handbag that I don't like is falling apart. Please can some of you lovely people help me find a new one?

Complicated list of requirements:

Biggish. I have small children so need to fit in nappies, wipes, spare clothes etc.

Not a change bag. They're all fucking ugly and I don't need insulated pockets.

Small enough that I can bear to use it on the rare occasion that I'm child-free. Life is too short to move all my crap from one bag to another.

One with a shoulder strap, not a handle. I use a sling a lot and value having empty hands.

Not black or brown as it won't go with anything I wear. Ideally greys, blues or silver.

Costing up to about £100.

I don't know where to start. Please help me sad

KatamariDamacy Fri 03-Feb-17 20:02:51

Hopeful bump...

motleymop Fri 03-Feb-17 20:08:11

Have a look the the Zara website? They do some nice ones and real leather should come in under budget

Stanley38 Fri 03-Feb-17 22:49:12

What about a Longchamp tote? It's classic, I think you could get the medium size for your budget and big enough to hold lots but looks smart without kids in tow.

I know the small size is around £55 so I'm thinking the medium or even large should come in around your budget

CantChoose Sat 04-Feb-17 09:52:42

At that budget I'd look to places like marks and spencer rather than 'designer' brands as you'll probably get better materials for the money.
How about this one?
www.marksandspencer.com/suede-sling-hobo-bag/p/p22495260?image=SD_01_T01_4997E_T0_X_EC_90&color=GREY&prevPage=plp

CointreauVersial Sat 04-Feb-17 09:59:21

Good places for sub-£100 good quality handbags:

M&S
TKMaxx
John Lewis
Debenhams

Have a look at a cross-body strap. It leaves you truly hands-free - no bag sliding off your shoulder as you reach for a bolting toddler. Many have straps that can be shortened if you want to use it as a shoulder bag.

KatamariDamacy Sat 04-Feb-17 11:58:42

Thanks for ideas. I rather like the m and s one, not too sold on the longchamps as they're probably a bit too smart.

poppy2021 Sat 04-Feb-17 12:16:37

TK Maxx. So much more bag for your money

Swimminguphill Sat 04-Feb-17 13:18:16

How about this one? A steal in the sale... www.hush-uk.com/m/sale_1/accessories_3/sale_bags/fleur_shopper_black.htm

Swimminguphill Sat 04-Feb-17 13:18:44

Whoops it is black!

LiefieLiefie Sat 04-Feb-17 13:41:27

I think that this is a bit of a bargain.

Livinghappy123 Sat 04-Feb-17 13:44:38

Have a look at the Fossil sale. I managed to get a further 20% off but that deal is over now.

KatamariDamacy Sat 04-Feb-17 15:25:09

Lots of gorgeous things in Fossil at full price, nothing great for me in the sale sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now