Holiday make up essentials? Foundation?

(10 Posts)
AuntieMaggie Sun 29-May-16 12:45:35

What are your holiday make up essentials?

I think I need some foundation of some sort to get me through the first few nights of pale on holiday - what would be a good one?

coleus Sun 29-May-16 12:58:42

I just bought the chubby Clinique one, looks super easy for travelling and I can daub it on with fingers!

Kirriemuir Sun 29-May-16 15:53:04

I don't bother. I may look hideous but it is only a couple of days! All I take is mascara and Vaseline.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sun 29-May-16 15:56:09

God no, don't bother, tinted moisturiser or BB, CC whatever cream should be more than enough.

One year I went through a whole tube of This Works Miracle something, it's a caramel coloured tint, goes very sheer.
Not sure they still do it, might have to check soon!

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sun 29-May-16 15:57:11

www.thisworks.com/skincare/range-1/perfect/perfect-look-skin-miracle.html

AuntieMaggie Sun 29-May-16 17:56:20

I don't normally bother but it's a girls holiday and they'll all look like they stepped out of a magazine! I'm the sweaty mess on the beach usually but trying to make an effort grin

MNetter15 Sun 29-May-16 17:58:42

I walked off the plane in Spain last year and my makeup literally melted off my face shock It was so hot that my mascara burnt my eyes.
Don't think I bothered for the rest of the holiday, and I wouldn't be seen dead without it at home!

ohidoliketobe Sun 29-May-16 18:00:53

I tend to take tinted moisturiser/ BB / CC cream with spf in, waterproof mascara and spf lip balm for the day. Then bronzer/ highlighter, small eyeshadow pallette and lip gloss/ stick for evenings.

SwedishEdith Sun 29-May-16 18:03:58

Tinted moisturiser only. In fact, I've pretty much given up on foundation full stop.

BretonTop Sun 29-May-16 18:27:19

Bourjois City Radiance is good and spf30. Feels more like a tinted moisturiser. Only about £9.99 too and usually on some sort of deal in Superdrug or Boots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now