Talk

Advanced search

Would anyone like to help me choose between two boringly similar swimming costumes?

(46 Posts)
SharingMichelle Sat 28-May-16 15:52:54

This is my summer holiday "oh my god you've lost so much weight Michelle!!' swimming coz.

This one (Figleaves)

or

This one (Debenhams)

Which is most flattering? I've lost a stone and a half, hopefully getting through the last half stone before my poolside debut. Last vestiges of tum are proving very hard to shift.

SanityClause Sat 28-May-16 15:55:05

Get both, and try them on. See which looks better on you. Keep it, and send the other back.

SharingMichelle Sat 28-May-16 16:00:29

I can't. I live overseas and the postal service is shit / non-existent.

SanityClause Sat 28-May-16 16:04:04

Well, there's no way of knowing which would be more flattering, without trying on. Perhaps you need to buy something locally.

Katytatiepot Sat 28-May-16 16:05:20

I love the 1st one! Not keen on halter neck swimsuits but that's just me.

Birdsgottafly Sat 28-May-16 16:07:50

I like the Denenhams one, the other one would have to fit really well and you'd have to consider how much moving your going to do in it.

I think the yellow stripe draws your attention to the middle.

It's a bit like a strapless wedding dress with jewelled belt, it will look flattering on some, but terrible on others.

AverysillyoldHector Sat 28-May-16 16:08:14

I prefer the Debenhams one as the figleaves one looks like its got one of those fluorescent armbands round the middle...

Cel982 Sat 28-May-16 16:10:04

The Debenhams one, definitely!

SharingMichelle Sat 28-May-16 16:10:56

If they weren't so similar I could just get both and have TWO new swimming costumes, but I don't think I need two white, yellow and black swimming costumes.

TwuntingCat Sat 28-May-16 16:10:58

I prefer the debenhams one bit strapless things just don't suit me whereas halter necks do, which necklines do you normally look best in?

SwedishEdith Sat 28-May-16 16:12:53

The Debenhams one.

burnishedsilver Sat 28-May-16 16:15:01

Debenhams.

The other one has too many horizontal things going on. I think it would draw the eye accross it and make a person look wider. Also, it might not stay up. The Debenhams one is more of a lengthening and narrowing shape. It draws the eye up.

prettywhiteguitar Sat 28-May-16 16:40:50

Hmm the debenhams one could make you look pear shaped, what is your colouring like ?

specialsubject Sat 28-May-16 16:41:10

Strapless jobbie is both fugly and impractical, makes the model look like a barrel ( as you can see on her face!) Other one looks good but guess 'tummy control' means really uncomfortable. Get one without a built in corset , then you can actually swim too.

seoulsurvivor Sat 28-May-16 16:44:08

I don't think either would show off a good figure. I'd go for something in a block colour.

SharingMichelle Sat 28-May-16 16:49:50

Hmm. Well now I'm slim for the first time since having children i think i might be pear shaped.

I can see how the Debs one might accentuate that.

I know tummy control isn't comfy but i thought it might give me a bit more confidence.

Maybe i need to keep looking.

Seoul do you mean just one colour?

Quietattheback Sat 28-May-16 16:53:18

Impossible to say which would be most flattering but I prefer the Debenhams one for style and print.

Bambooshoots14 Sat 28-May-16 17:10:31

I much prefer the first one. Might get it for myself smile

mrssmith79 Sat 28-May-16 17:18:52

I'd always go for the underwired choice, so 1.

BagelGoesWalking Sat 28-May-16 17:24:49

Depends on your boobs, imo. If they're a bit large/saggy (sorry) I don't think a halter neck would flatter you too much.

However, I have a Debenhams tummy control swimsuit and it's not uncomfortable at all! Best swimsuit I've ever had!

Can you try on similar styles - strapless, halter neck etc - in shops near you and base your decision on that? Not perfect but might give you a better idea?

SharingMichelle Sat 28-May-16 17:29:53

What if my boobs are the perfect combination of both small and saggy? grin

prettywhiteguitar Sat 28-May-16 20:09:21

Haha well you are in good company here !! I have a lovely black swim suit from monsoon, control panel and slightly padded cups.

Thing is if you are small and a little bit pear shaped swimsuits make you look more so, I'm braving a bikini as I think a nice brown belly will look better ! As much as I like the swimsuit I think it makes my legs look v.short. So I think I will be off to monsoon, the quality is good and they have variety.

HavingAnOffDAy Sat 28-May-16 20:46:29

1st one

I almost bought it myself yesterday but didn't as it's similar to one I bought last week!

It's underwired so will be loads more flattering.

I've bought & returned a lot Of swimsuits in the last few weeks

DerelictMyBalls Sat 28-May-16 20:49:24

I love the second one.

PrimalLass Sat 28-May-16 21:20:38

The Figleaves one. The Debenhams one has no boob support at all, and it will end up melding into your stomach. You want your chest to stick out further, not blend in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now