Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Shoes to go with casual skirts

(10 Posts)
Whatshebuildinginthere Sat 16-Apr-16 13:55:26

I mainly wear flared pretty knee skirts. I need some shoes to make the look less girlie.

I like DMs but need something more spring/summer like. I tried on quite a few in Clarks sale but couldn't decide.

Any preferences or am I crossing the line re comfort/geek shoes?! grin

Thank you!

YvaineStormhold Sat 16-Apr-16 13:59:11

I got some tan Hamble Oaks from Clarks a couple of weeks ago.

I love them, have had tons of compliments and they are so comfortable - from the first wear.

EatShitDerek Sat 16-Apr-16 13:59:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Floisme Sat 16-Apr-16 14:03:48

I like brogues with a pretty skirt - love those cream patent ones in your pic. But then I'm quite fond of a geeky shoe.

Whatshebuildinginthere Sat 16-Apr-16 14:29:20

I was hoping for a bargain but tempted by tan hamble. I imagine they'll get worn lots. I think they'd go with every skirt I've got.

Hmm, maybe the cream ones too as cheap.

Derek I had plimsolls on with a skirt this week (superga) and I just wasn't pulling it off anymore. Might be my age! Boo

Thanks all.

nickEcave Sat 16-Apr-16 14:36:04

Love love love my tan hamble oaks. Onto my second pair as I wore the first pair to death. You do need reasonably slim ankles and calves though or they look a bit too Miss Marple

Whatshebuildinginthere Sat 16-Apr-16 14:54:45

I'm not particularly slim, I might have to risk being s little Miss Marple like.

YvaineStormhold Sat 16-Apr-16 15:30:38

I'm not skinny either, but I'm not seventy five, I don't wear tweed and I don't solve crimes, so I reckon I look ok wink

Whatshebuildinginthere Mon 25-Apr-16 07:20:35

Navy leather hamble oaks bought and worn. Love them. Thanks for tip.
(Now to solve the mystery of why my youngest has gone in a total shoe wearing strike...smile)

DianaT1969 Mon 25-Apr-16 09:44:13

How do you wear the Hamble Oaks with skirts in the summer? Is it with or without socks? I can't get on with those hidden foot socks - all brands slip off. Don't think I can pull off ankle socks. If no socks, do they cause sweaty or smelly feet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now