Talk

Advanced search

Can somone help me find trousers

(11 Posts)
walkingtheplank Mon 11-Jan-16 18:29:20

I need some trousers.

I have leggings, jeggings, and jeans style trouser for daytime and a couple of smart black trousers for evenings.

I'd like some smartish trousers that aren't any of the above.

I went shopping today and found nothing. All I could find was jeans style or naff work style trousers.

What is in fashion at the moment?

I am size 14 and 5'7". I struggle to find trousers anyway as my waist seems to be relatively small compared to hips - assuming this as so many trousers gape at the back. I find that there is also a lot of material on the front of my hip that makes me look bigger than I am. I find that trousers don't come high enough up. If I want them near my waist I'd have to have a camel toe.

So, where can I find trousers that might fit odd-shaped me, what's in fashion and where is a good place to buy. I prefer to buy at a mid-range price.

TIA.

emsyj Mon 11-Jan-16 21:16:46

I want to know this too. I'm the same height and shape/size as you and I own zero (yes, ZERO) pairs of trousers other than some old saggy skinny jeans.

I have just received delivery of some skinny and slim leg jeans from the Jaeger outlet in size 12 and they are pretty good, and a great fit - but their formal trousers were all huge around the waist. I haven't bothered ordering smaller sizes because I know the smaller ones won't go over my thighs. It's a pain in the arse. I would have to make trouser shopping my full time job to have any chance of having nice, well-fitting trousers in my wardrobe.

sad

walkingtheplank Tue 12-Jan-16 18:17:55

Glad I'm not the only one. I've just ordered quite a few pairs from the House of Fraser website. I totally expect to return all of them. There isn't even anything that I like the look of, even before I see how badly they fit :-(

Oly5 Tue 12-Jan-16 20:18:56

Have you tried the Boden Chelsea or Bistro trousers? Nice range of colours, good fit on curvy figures

emsyj Tue 12-Jan-16 22:49:29

I've tried the Bistro ones - not quite right on me, unfortunately. I am increasingly finding Boden to be overpriced and disappointing quality. I'm going to take a trip to Cheshire Oaks on Friday and have a try-on at some of the better outlet places like Jaeger, Phase Eight etc. I much prefer internet shopping as a rule as I hate traipsing round the shops and don't really have time for it with a 2yo and 5yo and full time job - BUT at this point I'm desperate, and I'm off on Friday so may have to invest an afternoon. I've got a wardrobe full of tops and no bottoms to go with any of them.

claptomania Tue 12-Jan-16 22:56:31

I'm your height and size and recently got these. Very successfully too! Wear with brogues or loafers: www.jigsaw-online.com/product/flannel-tailored-joggers/J27861_GY000?gclid=Cj0KEQiA5dK0BRCr49qDzILe74UBEiQA_6gA-pdr6eTyaFAq1L9Pb2iU5Bt8YR1XdVF64QeL1DbQSO8aAmIj8P8HAQ

Lucked Tue 12-Jan-16 22:59:22

I like bistro/Chelsea trousers and they are my go to for going out to dinner but I can't have bare ankles in January just for popping to Tesco.

I do have one pair of olive green tight but straight leg trousers in a lovely soft cotton which I got in tkmaxx but that's it. Chinos are a big mumsy at m current weight.

walkingtheplank Wed 13-Jan-16 10:20:47

I think the problem is what to wear at this time of year. I have no cold weather trousers.

I'm put off the Boden ones as they have a front zip that I suspect will make me look fatter. Do they sit neatly against a tummy?

Djangor Wed 13-Jan-16 11:32:08

Have you tried Hobbs & Jigsaw? I had no luck with Jaeger - couldn't find any trousers that fitted my curves. I avoid anything with big pleats on the front - think they are best suited to people who are more straight up & down without much waist. I like a belt with trousers so the Boden Bistro ones are no good and the Chelsea ones gape hugely at the waist. I like cigarette trousers or similar & Jigsaw do those.

SoupDragon Wed 13-Jan-16 11:37:06

I always think Esprit is worth a look as they tend to have a good variety in terms of different styles and fit. They have free delivery and free returns too which is always useful!

walkingtheplank Wed 13-Jan-16 14:22:03

I tried some trousers in Hobbs on Monday. The shape was all wrong for me unfortunately.

I do like Esprit. I haven't got a local store any more but if delivery and returns are free I might give it a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now