Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Find me a dress (please)

(8 Posts)
Robertwars Thu 22-Oct-15 11:40:57

Hi,
In a couple of weeks me and my DP are having our first child free weekend in 6 years ! We will be going out in the evening for dinner etc and I really want to find something lovely to wear instead of jeans and slightly greying stripey tops.

I am 5'6, a fourteen with large boobs, nice waist and rubbish legs. I would like something with sleeves that is not too short. Budget approx £30 per dress .....
Colour wise anything as long as it isn't purple, gold or orange.....

I have been looking online but think your pooled knowledge will be more effective!

Pantsalive Thu 22-Oct-15 13:47:06

Here's a few suggestions as a starting point. Not sure how dressed up you want to be.
red

wrap

striped

lace

Robertwars Thu 22-Oct-15 14:13:34

Thank you! I do really like the red one and the striped one but they are a little too short for my tree trunk legs!

Robertwars Thu 22-Oct-15 14:17:09

dogtooth
I do like this one!

Chillyegg Thu 22-Oct-15 14:22:39

[[ m.rotita.com/long-sleeve-button-closure-long-shirt-g134878.html?currency=GBP&gclid=CKbWnKqV1sgCFVEYGwodrGAGS]]Q

www.boohoo.com/boohoo-plus-tops+knitwear/plus-zoe-slinky-wrap-front-maxi-dress/invt/pzz97285

Chillyegg Thu 22-Oct-15 14:24:45

The shirt dress is out of stock but something similar maybe

Pantsalive Thu 22-Oct-15 14:40:41

Very slinky dogtooth - go for it!
Have you checked the length of the two I posted? I was banking on the model being about 6ft.

Robertwars Wed 28-Oct-15 12:34:15

Dogtooth one was a no....material was really baggy around the shoulders.... Back to the drawing board.

Not too sure about the Boohoo dress Chilly, I think I might feel a bit too glamorous! Thank you though....

I have ordered about 20 dresses from ASOS so fingers crossed....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now