Talk

Advanced search

best place for eyebrow threading in east/central london

(16 Posts)
mahria Tue 18-Aug-15 17:52:54

Hi everyone

I've recently moved to London and am in need of somewhere good for eyebrow threading. Having read reviews I'm so confused! I know of shavata, malika, blink brow bar etc.. and I know there are lots of little shops too... but I was wondering if anyone can tell me of a specific person they went too in these places and got a good shape done. I've had issues previously with the beautician thinning them too much and ruining them.. I've now let them grow out so don't want a repeat of it..

Thank you!!! smile

chanie44 Tue 18-Aug-15 18:19:35

I get mine done anywhere in the Upton Park area as they are all pretty similar and £2.

I'm guessing you may be in tower hamlets, so I suspect the places will be similar to Upton Park.

With the places I go to, they have about 6 women working and it's first come first served and the faces change all the time.

mahria Tue 18-Aug-15 18:33:56

Im in stratford..

I don't want to go to a random place to a random lady as I don't want eyebrows ruined... so if anyone recommends places it would be good to know! smile

monkeysmama Tue 18-Aug-15 20:08:53

I go to the hairdresser/beautician at Maryland. There are four women there, all very good. It's on the corner of Forest Lane opposite Maryland station.

monkeysmama Tue 18-Aug-15 20:09:47

Maryland is 5 mins walk from Stratford btw (just in case you're too new to know!)

monkeysmama Tue 18-Aug-15 20:12:03

Sorry, me again, the brow bar near Victoria's Secret in Westfield is good too. Think it's £10 there which is expensive for East London, but it is very convenient. Can't remember their name but their logo is black and white.

Mrsmorton Tue 18-Aug-15 20:12:09

Plaza on Oxford street is £6. Lovely ladies.

chanie44 Tue 18-Aug-15 20:16:43

Sorry. The only reason I mentioned those types of places is that I've been to them and my eyebrows have been fine. I appreciate they may not be everyone's cup of tea.

monkeysmama Tue 18-Aug-15 20:52:38

The places I mentioned are exactly the same Chanie! I used to go to Green St but Maryland and Stratford are just easier now.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 18-Aug-15 21:04:10

Heena beauty in The Plaza on Oxford st. Between Tottenham ct rd and Oxford circus, little shopping centre and it's upstairs. £5 I think.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 18-Aug-15 21:05:17

See MrsMorton has beaten me to the recommendation. grin

Mrsmorton Tue 18-Aug-15 21:14:17

Yes but it's gone up £1!! I do love them though. Such good threading and v quick. I'm going next week, will you be there?

VivaLeBeaver Tue 18-Aug-15 21:25:41

Nope. I need to but I live in the Midlands so will have to do with debenhams. But I come and work in London a few times a year and always stop off here for an eyebrow fix!

I sometimes wonder if it's a money laundering front as it's always empty and so cheap! The women look suprised that they have a customer when I go in!

Lottapianos Tue 18-Aug-15 21:32:30

I'm in Stratford too so will check out the Maryland salon. Thanks, sorry to hijack! I can certainly recommend a place to avoid like the plague, PM if you want a warning smile

mahria Tue 18-Aug-15 21:41:19

Lol yes please.... do tell....

Mrsmorton Tue 18-Aug-15 21:50:02

It's largely empty but I've had to wait 20 min before so maybe you're right!

I wish I could sit in their chairs a bit longer sometimes. Bliss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now