Talk

Advanced search

Non-denim jacket

(29 Posts)
DelphiniumBlue Wed 29-Jul-15 13:25:51

I need a jacket to wear with jeans, it needs to serve the same function as a denim jacket, but obvs I need to avoid double denim! What do you all wear with jeans? I'm talking about girlfriend/ boyfriend jeans, not smart dark ones. Any suggestions?

Itscurtainsforyou Wed 29-Jul-15 15:28:55

I've just bought a blazer, which I intend to wear with jeans.

I have a couple of jersey biker jackets, but none of them are quite right and I'm struggling to find another. Also have a black jersey blazer thing.

I have no idea what girlfriend jeans are though, sorry, or what might go with them! I wear the above with skinnies, rolled up or full length.

GemmeFatale Wed 29-Jul-15 15:53:58

Leather is the answer isn't it?

ClaudetteWyms Wed 29-Jul-15 15:57:28

I've got a jersey biker jacket as well, but need more options so watching with interest...

Have three leather jackets - but it's currently too warm for them.

Dukketeater Wed 29-Jul-15 16:02:56

A glorified rain mac if wet, a cardigan if cool, a leather jacket otherwise

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 29-Jul-15 18:07:21

Ooh curtains I'm looking for a blazer type jacket.
Where did you get yours (is it too early in the season?)
I don't want a suit jacket but I looked in Uniqlo, Matalan and New Look .

I saw some really nice Wallis mac type coats today.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 29-Jul-15 18:08:03

Double Denim is flipping everywhere where I live hmm

DelphiniumBlue Wed 29-Jul-15 18:14:19

Oh dear, I was hoping someone would have a conclusive answer, but maybe there isn't one! I agree, its too hot for a leather jacket. I have tried the Jersey option but its not quite right, and a blazer feels s bit too smart for grungey jeans.
I haven't given up hope yet, so if anyone finds a solution please post. Thanks for all your replies so far.

Army jacket?

hugoagogo Wed 29-Jul-15 21:24:07

I have a tweedy biker jacket from great plains- it is lovely grin

but still a tiny bit smart, so not always the answer.

Coastingit Wed 29-Jul-15 22:11:36

This Hush jacket

MrsBertMacklin Wed 29-Jul-15 22:13:45

Army or khaki jacket? A little bit fitted?

DelphiniumBlue Wed 29-Jul-15 22:37:58

I think the Hush one and the Zara one are along the right lines, but a bit boxy for me I look better in something more fitted ( liker my really lovely denim jacket!)
I'd be very grateful for more suggestions - thanks for everything so far.

DelphiniumBlue Thu 30-Jul-15 10:19:05

Bump for the morning team!

DelphiniumBlue Thu 30-Jul-15 10:19:43

Bump

Cocolepew Thu 30-Jul-15 10:20:58

I wear a navy Harrington type jacket.

Laquila Thu 30-Jul-15 10:33:11

I think jersey blazers are the way forward with jeans. Someone once explained their function to me as being only useful for plane journeys, but actually I get quite a lot of wear out of mine! Also have a lovely greyish khaki trenchcoat from M&S, and oversized knitted cardies can look quite good too.

ZaraW Thu 30-Jul-15 19:03:51

I have a canvas jacket from J Crew it's called The Field jacket.

FallingGoldfinch Thu 30-Jul-15 20:15:34

I'm no fashion guru, but could you maybe get away with another colour of denim jacket? I saw this white one a few days ago and it seemed very versatile - maybe with longer tops to break up the denim-ness?

www.thewhitecompany.com/clothing/jackets/brushed-denim-jacket--white/

RufusTheReindeer Thu 30-Jul-15 23:17:18

I've just bought a grey canvas military style jacket from M & S

It looks good with jeans and is the same sort of shape as my denim jacket

It's from the indigo range, no idea how I link...I'm shit at it

CointreauVersial Fri 31-Jul-15 17:47:31

I have a jacket from Boden which fills exactly this niche. Unfortunately it's a few years old now, but they still pop up on eBay sometimes; it is called a Photographer Jacket. Plain cotton canvas, with lining, slightly fitted, but definitely casual. Mine's dark grey and goes with everything!

MegMogandOwlToo Fri 31-Jul-15 17:55:22

New look have loads of Jersey jackets in their slacks. I've just bought a navy and white striped one which goes well with jeans

Over a hundred quid for a denim jacket???! The White Company are having a laugh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now