Talk

Advanced search

Tween. Does she need a cleanser?

(12 Posts)
tippytap Fri 03-Jul-15 19:51:24

Hiya,

My 9yo DD has started getting spots on her face. I think it's probably hormone related.

I know she's v young, but Do you think she needs a gentle cleanser? Or stick with soap and water?

I had dreadful acne as a tween/teen and want to help my dd as much as I can.

LashesandLipstick Fri 03-Jul-15 19:52:43

Never too early for a nice cleanserZ

thecrimsonpetal Fri 03-Jul-15 20:02:27

Something for sensitive skin from avene might be good, I like their gentle gel cleanser

tippytap Fri 03-Jul-15 20:06:36

Yes. I definitely think something gentle is needed.

Thanks.

DrankSangriaInThePark Fri 03-Jul-15 20:11:54

La roche posay physiological was recommended to me for dd (11) by none other than Caroline Hirons herself. She was getting v spotty and self conscious. That, together with Effaclar has got rid of every last one. smile

annatha Fri 03-Jul-15 20:14:50

Not at all, I'd take her shopping and help her pick out a gentle one for her skin type. Better that then her gravitate to those horrible oxy spot pads (if they still even exist) without guidance.

EarSlaps Fri 03-Jul-15 20:46:50

Yes, steer her well away from any Oxy or Clearasil type washes.

Gentle cleansers, washed off with a clean damp flannel should help. Maybe followed by a gentle moisturiser.

Don't get foaming cleansers- the day I stopped using anything foaming my skin improved so much. Foaming cleansers strip the skin and left me with spots and dry patches. A gentle cleansing milk with no mineral oil is probably best.

tippytap Fri 03-Jul-15 20:50:32

Ok.

So she's not too young.
Nothing foamy.

Will see what I can do.

Thanks everyone.

Kundry Sat 04-Jul-15 08:58:16

LRP Physiological or Cetaphil.

TealFanClub Sat 04-Jul-15 09:09:16

She's 9. She's not a tween.

If the spots get worse do see the doctor. Pre emptive medication is v good mine said.

MadAngryGnome Sun 05-Jul-15 00:31:18

If you suffered from acne, she's more likely to too, so this is something worth keeping an eye on in the future. If OTC products don't clear it up, your GP will be helpful in prescribing topical treatments etc. Don't feel spots are not worth bothering a doctor about smile

TealFanClub Sun 05-Jul-15 08:08:29

Totally agree. Was told this by someone and then it turns out that my son is badly affected. Has been really helped by gp

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now