Talk

Advanced search

Is hot cloth cleansing giving me broken veins?

(23 Posts)
ReluctantCamper Mon 22-Jun-15 19:19:35

Help! I've recently started hot cloth cleansing, using ultrabland from Lush. I love it, my skin is so smooth and soft. BUT, I seem to be getting broken veins on my nose and chin. My Mum has always suffered with them, so maybe it's just a coincidence that I'm getting them now. The only thing that's new really is the hot cloth cleansing. Could it be the temperature that's doing it?

Has anyone had any luck with using vitamin K for treating broken veins? Thanks for any light you can shed.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 22-Jun-15 19:20:28

I have to use cool water to double cleanse, hot water does the same to me.

ReluctantCamper Mon 22-Jun-15 19:24:06

Ah, so this is a thing. Thanks Dame . does your cleanser come off with cool water?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 22-Jun-15 19:26:25

Yes and I use megga thick E45 cleanser.

ReluctantCamper Mon 22-Jun-15 19:28:59

Right, I will give it a try this evening, many thanks

Senada Mon 22-Jun-15 19:29:49

Yes I used Liz Earle about 15 years ago and it gave me awful broken veins. Agree to try cool water.

ReluctantCamper Mon 22-Jun-15 19:33:22

Oh dear. Have either of you had any success with shifting the broken veins you got?

rosiepinkcheeks Mon 22-Jun-15 19:43:18

Hi. You need laser treatment @ clinic to get rid of them. Ive had two treatments and one more to go.

ReluctantCamper Mon 22-Jun-15 19:49:47

Can I be really cheeky and ask if it was expensive rosie ?

SaveOurBogBrushes Mon 22-Jun-15 19:58:55

The hot cloth cleansing routine is another one size fits all suggestion given by the 'guru's and I didn't even need to try it to know it'd be seriously bad news for my skin as I go red at even warm water - if you're in doubt avoid. I also had to stop cleansing twice a day as even though I used all the recommended products my skin didn't like it.

daftyburd Mon 22-Jun-15 20:02:10

I use tepid water and it takes the Ultrabland off. I have rosacia and extremes of temperature are a trigger.

FrugalFashionista Mon 22-Jun-15 20:14:15

Temperature changes are rosacea trigger for me. We have redness/ thread vein type rosacea in our family, so not going to risk it.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Mon 22-Jun-15 20:24:53

Cold-pressed honey is the best cleanser I've ever used. Cleared up my seb derm and I've carried on using it as it gives no ill effects, washes off in the shower and leaves my skin feeling 'thicker' somehow. Still have to remove eye make up though.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Mon 22-Jun-15 20:32:12

Oh, I got broken veins doing ocm as well (uses hot cloths).

rosiepinkcheeks Mon 22-Jun-15 20:36:44

Hi Reluctant. I paid about £250/£275 for 3 sessions. The first one reduced the redness I had around the veins. After the second the veins have reduced a lot but still not gone completely. Having the 3rd after summer hols as you have to avoid sunbathing.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Mon 22-Jun-15 20:39:39

Mine went away once I stopped.

Reekypear Mon 22-Jun-15 20:40:00

Just dumped Liz Earle . Rosecea is made worth by any menthol type herbs, and that in the hot wash stuff. My skin has calmed right down.

ReluctantCamper Mon 22-Jun-15 20:42:00

Thanks for all the replies, and for the cost info rosie , sounds like something I could look into

Kennington Mon 22-Jun-15 20:43:07

Try the SKN clinics for laser
I used a dermatologist and it was expensive about 300 quid or more. I cannot remember
I use tepid water to cleanse
The sunshine also gives me thread veins and skiing was the worst for bringing them out

rosiepinkcheeks Mon 22-Jun-15 21:10:45

There is a lot of bruising after the laser so best to plan it when you dont have to go anywhere for a few days. The laser is a little uncomfortable a bit like an elastic band pinging against your skin but its over very quickly. My bruising went after 5 days. I am so glad I opted for the treatment.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Mon 22-Jun-15 23:04:02

Um can't you just stop using the heat?

ReluctantCamper Tue 23-Jun-15 09:45:50

Yup shotgun , but my understanding is that I'm stuck with the broken veins I have. My mums have certainly never disappeared.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Tue 23-Jun-15 10:14:50

Ab I hope you find yours do go smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now