Talk

Advanced search

Any fashion Blogs that actually feature high street fashion?

(25 Posts)
nowitsenough Sun 01-Feb-15 21:00:19

I've yet to find a blog (or pinterest board) that features (and links to) high street fashion that I can afford and would wear.

Anyone like to point me in the right direction? I'm 50 and dress quite casually, apple shape, 5 feet 7 and size 14/16 at the moment, dark brown hair and eyes.

Justinepants Mon 02-Feb-15 00:49:16

Bumping because I'd like to know too!

GeorginaWorsley Mon 02-Feb-15 08:00:42

There's just been a thread on 50+blogs.
There aren't many around but quite a lot 40 +

I read
Does my bum look 40,features some high street but usually higher end

Re:style, very high street orientated
Mid Life Chic, Boden plus high street
What Lizzy Loves, ditto
What Lou wore, dittosmile

My midlife fashion
Fashion mum of 40
I won't wear sludge brown

I like That's not my age which is higher end plus The Online Stylist, she has lovely photographs.

Apologies no links am on phone.

dotsanddashes Mon 02-Feb-15 08:10:44

well, what can you afford and which shops do you like to shop in??

nowitsenough Mon 02-Feb-15 09:25:28

Thanks Georgina, I'll have a look at those smile

My budget is as cheap as possible wink I often try to find things I like on eBay. I sometimes shop at M&S, Dorothy Perkins, Debenhams, But I don't have a style really. I like jeans and slouchy long jumpers, knitted/tube skirts and long tops/jumpers with thick tights and boots, I love long cardis and waterfall cardis, I tend to wear a lot of grey and black or dark teal.

Picastyle Mon 02-Feb-15 09:45:18

Thanks Georgina, I love Re:style. I had never heard of it and she's right up my street.

princessdave Mon 02-Feb-15 10:03:23

Thanks for adding my blog georgina smile

I read all the same as you do, just checking my blog roll for others.
Forever Amber wears a lot of ASOS (I love her)
Avenue 57 also high street plus supermarket gems
All Worn Out are great for pricier high street finds / The Workwear Edit

I'm definitely guilty of too much Boden, it's the free delivery that works for me plus 2-3 day delivery. As much as I see great things on the H&M website for example I know it'll take 10-14 days to arrive and I hate trogging around town with two LOs in tow so tend to stick with online shopping.

Lou from WhatLouWore grin

Birdies Mon 02-Feb-15 11:17:29

-

Picastyle Mon 02-Feb-15 11:33:19

Hmmm, looking at the lists of blogs that they also read there are a lot of similarities aren't there? Khaki and stripes seem to be a 'thing' as does standing with your toes pointing inwards.

GeorginaWorsley Mon 02-Feb-15 13:29:45

Lou I love your blog and I agree re the 'ease' of shopping with Boden!
I use John lewis a lot for brands like Mint Velvet, Whistles etc for the simplicity of it.
I like the way you re wear lots of your things toogrin

nowitsenough Mon 02-Feb-15 17:16:29

I must admit I've never found anything at boden that I like apart from a pair of shoes that were beautiful but extremely uncomfortable sad

GeorginaWorsley Mon 02-Feb-15 17:53:28

I only do plain stuff.
No patterns.grin

Picastyle Mon 02-Feb-15 18:20:38

No patterns here either. An occasional stripe but no patterns.

CoupdeFoudre Mon 02-Feb-15 19:06:28

Glad I've found lou's blog - am a boden fan for the same reasons. No hotchpotch though grin

princessdave Mon 02-Feb-15 19:15:48

Thanks Coup! I like the Mini hotchpotch tops for my DD. There are some summer ladies items that look like Mini clothes & I was a bit rude about them on the blog a while back. One such item is priced at £69 - they're trolling Mumsnet I'm sure.

I used to buy women's patterns although nothing named "Fun". These days I'm at saturation point but I do love the striped bretons. In fact now I'm done BFing I'll be coming back to all my old stuff, it's been very much separates & plainer stuff the last 7 months since DS was born!

BorisJohnsonsHair Mon 02-Feb-15 19:31:52

nowitsenough My budget is as cheap as possible wink I often try to find things I like on eBay. I sometimes shop at M&S, Dorothy Perkins, Debenhams, But I don't have a style really. I like jeans and slouchy long jumpers, knitted/tube skirts and long tops/jumpers with thick tights and boots, I love long cardis and waterfall cardis, I tend to wear a lot of grey and black or dark teal.

I think you're me smile

CoupdeFoudre Mon 02-Feb-15 19:34:59

Yes to stripes! And that sugared almond one is top of my list. Am supposed to be being frugal...

princessdave Mon 02-Feb-15 19:39:22

Well the 20% off code lasts until 7 March so Frugal Feb then a small treat... grin

nowitsenough Mon 02-Feb-15 19:41:14

Boris grin grin And where do you so? Any tips to share?

I don't wear stripes or many patterns, prefer plain.

nowitsenough Mon 02-Feb-15 19:41:39

"Where do you shop?" !!

princessdave Thu 05-Feb-15 11:01:58

OP I just came back to say think about joining the Avenue 57 Facebook group. It's a closed group and there are hundreds of us adding OOTD pictures, high street shopping finds and recommendations. None of your friends on FB can see yours posts as it's a private group but it's very active with women of all ages, shapes, sizes and tastes.

I thought I'd included it in my first post but I only included Fiona's blog, not the FB page she subsequently set up.

nowitsenough Thu 05-Feb-15 17:24:39

Thanks Princess, that's great, I'll go and look now.

cocoF2016 Mon 26-Sep-16 14:47:08

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

DianaT1969 Mon 26-Sep-16 15:45:21

Hi Coco,
The shameless self-promotion of your own blog is pretty obvious when you resurrect 4 old theeads at once.

DianaT1969 Mon 26-Sep-16 15:46:13

Meant 'threads'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now