Advanced search

Clothes for bigger men

(14 Posts)
WastingMyYoungYears Sat 24-Jan-15 21:34:23

Arg, does anyone have any shop suggestions?

M&S isn't exactly cutting it confused.

FailOfTheCentury Sat 24-Jan-15 21:35:54

Tall, fat, muscly?

WastingMyYoungYears Sat 24-Jan-15 21:39:13

Er, the middle one.

FailOfTheCentury Sat 24-Jan-15 21:48:10

You're looking at speciality shops or Internet shopping I think - there doesn't seem to be an Evans equivalent for men. High and Mighty has some stuff but it's very pricey. A guy I know likes Gildan t-shirts and Ben Sherman casual shirts, jeans are mostly weird brands like KAM. I wouldn't know where to get smarter stuff though. It's a bit of a problem.

NoArmaniNoPunani Sat 24-Jan-15 21:57:51

StrikesMatches Sat 24-Jan-15 21:59:51

DH is a giant, 6ft6 and getting too close to 20stone. I got him some shirts and jumpers in debenhams for Xmas, from Maine. they are fairly casual though.

BestIsWest Sat 24-Jan-15 22:01:13

Also Mantaray at debenhams do a larger men's range.

motleymop Sat 24-Jan-15 22:02:51

High and Mighty (again)

WastingMyYoungYears Sat 24-Jan-15 22:03:48

Thanks everyone, we're feeling a bit disheartened, but we'll look at the suggestions smile.

ravenAK Sat 24-Jan-15 22:04:06

Big Fish, KAM & Duke are good.

Dh is a large chap - every time we go to Leeds Armouries a member of staff grabs him to pose next to Henry VIII's armour - to be fair the ginger beard adds to the effect!

FailOfTheCentury Sat 24-Jan-15 22:25:57

Be careful with Jacamo; it looks like an ordinary online shopping website but will actually attempt to run a credit check and will sign you up as a catalogue customer if you're not incredibly careful angry

Big Fish can be a bit dodgy on the quality - some of the t-shirts are very thin and nasty compared to the Gildans, which also come in extra-long sizes (some T-shirt manufacturers seem to think bigger sizes need only be wider hmm)

JaceLancs Sat 24-Jan-15 22:27:16

My son is 6'4" very broad shouldered with a bit of a tum - skinny legs and butt though
Shops at Burton also Sainsburys and tesco sell xxl and even xxxl which he uses for basics, work shirts wtc

FailOfTheCentury Sat 24-Jan-15 22:30:54

Cotton Traders do some stuff in large sizes too.

Justnapping Sun 25-Jan-15 06:50:43

John Banks big and tall (online shop).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now