Talk

Advanced search

Hormonal spots

(29 Posts)
SuperFlyHigh Wed 03-Dec-14 14:23:10

In the past month I seem to have got tons of spots seemingly hormonal at hairline area and also chin...

I have been using Vit E wash (superdrug) and a rich Boots No 7 wash - can't remember what I used before...

I'm getting a bit pissed off because they don't seem to be coming to a head...

should I get a facial?

itsbetterthanabox Wed 03-Dec-14 16:17:26

Those sound like products for dry skin. Is your skin oily as you have the spots?
A facial could help them go and bring them out. If it's hormonal is likely to come every month though

EustaciaBenson Wed 03-Dec-14 16:44:10

If its hormonal zinc is the only thing that helped it for me

SuperFlyHigh Wed 03-Dec-14 17:21:03

itsbetter I've got combi/dry skin.

that's the thing I could use almost anything on it before and it was ok (my skin).

my hormones seem to be up in the air.

I was thinking of a facial for congested skin.

Greengardenpixie Wed 03-Dec-14 18:12:57

ive been using vit e facial wash and had to stop. I too was breaking out too sad

SuperFlyHigh Wed 03-Dec-14 18:46:40

greengarden that's it then! I've still got the dry skin wash so may ditch that. Bummer just got in from boots!

Mereguemeringue Wed 03-Dec-14 19:43:24

I have been using La Roche Posay physiological cleanser plus the effeclar toner and effeclar duo. My hormonal spots have completely gone!! I wouldn't have believed it if it hadn't happened to me..

RonaldMcFartNuggets Wed 03-Dec-14 20:02:32

I get jaw and chin spots too, bastards. I keep hearing that^ product mentioned, might have to buy it!

JoyceDivision Wed 03-Dec-14 20:14:54

I've started getting these too! onedge / side of my chin, had 3 on one side that took ages to go and when they were fading two on other siode popped up!!

I thought they were linkedto my period but they are there alkl the bloody time!!

So is La Roche Posay the answer?

RonaldMcFartNuggets Wed 03-Dec-14 22:11:22

Yes mine are there all the time. Chin spots only come before period sad

Greengardenpixie Wed 03-Dec-14 22:34:09

superfly I am dissapointed with it but my skin has been better since i stopped using the superdrug vit e wash. It just doesnt agree with my skin. My spots are now drying up. Feel a bit gutted tbh.

Greengardenpixie Wed 03-Dec-14 22:35:21

...i would stop using it and see how you get on.

MrsBertMacklin Wed 03-Dec-14 22:51:28

Effaclar is the only product I've found that stops hormonal spots in their tracks.

I binned that Superdrug Vit E cleanser, as it broke me out, strangely only in the second week of use, though.

NeverFreezeLobsters Thu 04-Dec-14 07:52:47

I use la Roche Posay and still get hormonal spots. hmm
Lovely stuff otherwise, though.

Charlieneedscoffee Thu 04-Dec-14 09:16:38

I've also suffered from the blight of the red spot hmm.

Last year I gave the No, 7 range for combo/oily skin a whirl. Ditching my usual clinque moisturiser.....it was so much cheaper! However, my once healthy lifestyle had gone out the window. I thought not drinking my 2 litres of water, veg, fruit, whole grains was to blame for my face resembling a pizza. After months of grumbling to my partner, who kept telling me it was moisturiser etc not my new cake habit ( I'm sure it didn't help). The cystic spots were the worse, so painful and angry looking. I stopped using all of it.
I did find putting a hot clean flannel on the angry spots brought them to ahead. Also crushing up aspirin to a powder mixing it with a dab of honey popping it on the spot, helped with the pain.
I used La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo +, face was etc for a while which helped, then it started to dry out my skin too much. Today I use the Clarins gentle foaming cleanser, clinque gel moisturiser. My skin is so much better. I'm a recent convert to the clarins lotus oil after recommendations from S&B. I find the GlamGlow mud excellent and a liquid exfoliator once a week better then the grainier stuffsmile.

I do find putting a cle

SuperFlyHigh Thu 04-Dec-14 09:19:21

That's the thing - I think I used Soap and Glory peaches and clean but never needed to use stuff for oily skin as I don't have oily skin and rarely got breakouts until recently...

Will just have to look for another cleanser.

interesting re the Vit E stuff. must be too strong or something for combi skins.

BeHoHoHove Thu 04-Dec-14 09:42:45

I get these - hate them as they just seem to be fading then another bump appears.

I've had a bit of success by using Simple face wipes daily with an oil control day cream (Clarins in the green bottle) but still get the odd stubborn bugger.

starfish1505 Thu 04-Dec-14 17:17:56

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

SuperFlyHigh Thu 04-Dec-14 17:28:16

starfish I knew it was that Vit E wash... I will look into organic products.

JoyceDivision Thu 04-Dec-14 20:08:48

Charlieneedscoffee what's the glamglow mud thingy?

Charlieneedscoffee Thu 04-Dec-14 21:31:03

www.glamglowmud.co.uk/glamglow/products/glamglow_supermud_mask_34g/

Charlieneedscoffee Thu 04-Dec-14 21:33:39

Sorry my iPad is glitchy. I hope the link helps. It's pricey but it works and doesn't break me out.
It's had lots of great reviews.

SirRaymondClench Fri 05-Dec-14 06:54:05

Another LRP Effaclar ranger user here who suffered for a decade with hormonal spots. It was using this and also having some lymph drainage facials that completely cleared my skin and I now have (touches wood) completely clear skin. It still amazes me every day tbh because before this I spent a fortune on endless facials and one massively expensive year long skin treatment at a clinic (£70 every two weeks for a facial and £350 every 3 months for the products and it did NOTHING)
You have to stick with the Effaclar for quite a while and then one day you notice it kicking in. The drainage facials also cleared out all the crap and puffiness. I'm off for one today in face grin

SirRaymondClench Fri 05-Dec-14 06:54:48

*range not ranger, I'm not some sort of skin care mountie! grin

Gem124 Sat 06-Dec-14 15:29:26

Liz Earle cleanse & polish, spritz toner, light moisturiser for day and sudocreme at night x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now