Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else love Chanel Allure?

(16 Posts)
desertbaby Fri 21-Mar-14 19:00:40

What other perfumes do you like?

I wore Allure for years and yeeeeears and became bored of it but I can't find anything else I like as much.

moibutbetter Fri 21-Mar-14 19:56:33

I love Allure and dont think id ever get bored of it. Im defintely Vhanel girl nd I use Allure daily, I keep telling myself I need a cheaper product for every day use but it just doesnt cut it for me.
Other perfumes I use are Chanel too:
www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123156903299?CMP=SSH&tmcampid=28&tmad=c&sku=4198087&ci_sku=4198087&ci_src=18615224&gclid=CJXuqIm0pL0CFa3LtAod-FgAAQ

and

www.boots.com/en/CHANEL-CHANCE-EAU-TENDRE-Eau-de-Toilette-50ml_1045991/

desertbaby Fri 21-Mar-14 20:04:11

Ha! Before I got stuck on Allure, I wore Coco for years. Talk about creature of habit. I began to feel as though I was smelling Allure on every third woman though.

Will take a sniff of Chance, thanks

Snatchoo Fri 21-Mar-14 22:31:13

I love Allure and Chance but they are just soooooo expensive.

I'm enjoying Illamasqua Freak at the moment - it's really different, almost a bit masculine and old-fashioned but it just smells great on me.

RhondaJean Fri 21-Mar-14 23:04:21

Allure and only allure here.

I have a particular problem with my skin which makes most perfume smell like cat pee on contact with it. Allure doesn't. Allure sensuel and the rest of the Chanel range do.

I used to love dolce e gabbana Sicily but they discontinued it. I'm thinking of trying the one, in Thr hope it's similar.

The jimmy choo fragrances, both of them, seem okay on me too as does Gucci by Gucci.

Everything else, cat pee.

beanandspud Fri 21-Mar-14 23:04:25

I used to always wear Chanel - Allure for the day and Coco at night. Still love the fragrance, just needed something that I could wear every day.

I now love Daisy by Marc Jacobs - the 'fresh' one during the day (or the summer version) and the normal one at night.

secretspy Fri 21-Mar-14 23:29:52

Rhonda I've got a nearly full bottle of Sicily you can have. pm me if you want it

peasandlove Sat 22-Mar-14 05:19:53

I wore Allure for about 10yrs but I started to smell it on everyone too. I never found anything I like more to be honest, but I work in a dept store so I"m always testing new fragrances. I do really like Hermes Voyage, eau de chloe, la petite robe noir, all totally different of course.
Have you tried chanel Cristalle? I liked that for a summer fragrance

DrankSangriaInThePark Sat 22-Mar-14 06:10:31

Dior Dune.

I find it quite similar to Allure, but softer and more night-timey somehow!

Can a Chanel expert explain to me the difference between the Chance perfumes? Are they all the same perfume but different colours? Or day/night versions or what??? (I liked the orange one!)

AmethystMoon Sat 22-Mar-14 06:36:43

I wore Allure for years daily, then moved to the original Chance but then have settled on Allure Sensuelle. I use Coco at night and have done for about twenty years. I developed a Chanel habit in my early twenties and still not tired of them. Nothing beats them IMO.

mimiasovitch Sat 22-Mar-14 20:00:23

I love Allure, but also like to wear Lancome Poeme and L'instant de Guerlain. Had Chance but it didn't do anything for me. I keep Coco for date nights. DH likes that one a lot.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sat 22-Mar-14 20:36:46

Love, love, love Allure. I wore it when I got married 13 years ago and I love to wear it now as it reminds me of my wedding. I don't feel it's an everyday perfume of me though.

Coco Mademoiselle is lovely, like Coco but more subtle.

Curlygirly Sat 22-Mar-14 21:11:23

I also wore it for years but the last couple of years I've been wearing J'adore by Dior.

bettergetamoveon Sat 22-Mar-14 21:17:34

Watching with interest. I love Allure. Tried others but nothing is as good on me. I'd love an amazing cheap scent.

Jaeme Sat 22-Mar-14 21:28:39

I went from allure to Montblanc Presence d'une Femme, it's a little bit masculine at first but it dries down to a gorgeous floral/woody scent.

Financeprincess Sun 23-Mar-14 12:30:26

Allure smells like yellow Mr Kipling fondant fancies. That's an endorsement, but if I wore it I'd be craving cake all the time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now