Talk

Advanced search

Facial for dd

(15 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 15-Mar-14 08:13:16

I promised my dd that I would give her a home facial as a reward for hard work that she is putting in at the moment. I'd like to make it nice (but on a strict budget!). She has quite spotty teen skin, so something that would help with that would be great.

Any tips and recommendations please?

Bonsoir Sat 15-Mar-14 08:24:39

To be honest, I don't think a home facial is a good idea for spotty teenaged skin. What skin care regime does she use?

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 15-Mar-14 08:38:36

sad I wanted to give her a treat.
She uses a cleanser designed for spotty skin and well that's it.

FabULouse Sat 15-Mar-14 08:39:12

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

FabULouse Sat 15-Mar-14 08:40:56

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 15-Mar-14 08:58:42

I've written my shopping list, thank you smile

FabULouse Sat 15-Mar-14 09:03:57

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 15-Mar-14 09:59:44

Good idea smile

lemon juice mixed with baking powder for a 5 min face mask that really cleans out pores and brightens skin, followed with a gentle face wash and a nice moisturiser. it really does make an instant difference.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 15-Mar-14 18:58:56

That sounds very fizzy!!

coffeeinbed Sat 15-Mar-14 19:02:55

Lisa Eldridge had something here, might help you!
www.lisaeldridge.com/blog/25945/kitchen-cupboard-beauty/#.UySjidza68U

SinglePringle Sat 15-Mar-14 19:25:36

I just used the S&G mask recommended here. Nice! Skin feels smoother. Can't comment on the pore cleaning effect just yet as have soft lighting on all over the house! But it has left my skin slightly sensitive - tingly. Hopefully that's due to it working and not a reaction!

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 15-Mar-14 20:48:09

The blog won't work for me at the moment - half loads but will try it again.
I bought the S&G mask. I hope dd is ok with it.

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Sat 15-Mar-14 20:54:32

Oatmeal and honey. Messy, but colloidal oats calm the redness and honey draws out blackheads and stuff. Put on warm, damp, clean skin, leave about 5 mins then rinse. Also wet oatmeal in a muslin bag is good to dab on angry skin.

it is fizzy but that's what helps I think, really brightens and cleans. hope it all went well and that DD felt really pampered, tis a lovely thing to do op.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now