Talk

Advanced search

Mascara recommendations please!

(17 Posts)
Optimist1 Wed 19-Feb-14 15:06:01

Tell me your favourite Mascara, style-istas! My main concern is under-eye smudging ... my bottom lashes touch my cheeks when I smile and I tend to wear very moisturising foundation, so I want to avoid transfer if possible. Don't want waterproof. Don't want fibres. Price not really an issue, but I recognise that there are some star products out there at modest prices.

TIA smile

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 19-Feb-14 15:12:04

I don't wear mascara on my bottom lashes,I think it looks a bit odd personally, do only do the top ones.

Max Factor masterpiece, the black tube.

Lash Adapt no7, I'm on my 4 th or so tube of this, it's amazing.

Sparkletastic Wed 19-Feb-14 15:18:42

I'll second Max Factor Masterpiece. I've had loads of expensive premium brand mascaras and that one blows them all out of the water. I don't do bottom lashes for daytime make up but for a nighttime face I will give them a very light coating then immediately blot most of the mascara off onto a tissue. Gives definition without smudging.

BovrilonToast Wed 19-Feb-14 15:32:21

You need Clinique bottom lash mascara. It's amazing.

And Estee Lauder Doublewear mascara for the top - everything else smudges on me.

Optimist1 Wed 19-Feb-14 15:40:54

Thank you so much! I'm obviously stuck in a timewarp makeup-wise, as I've always used mascara on bottom lashes and didn't even know there was a special mascara for them! And the blotting suggestion makes a lot of sense, Sparkle . I'll take all your suggestions on board when I go shopping later this week.

tshirtsuntan Wed 19-Feb-14 15:42:25

I love thick & fast, soap & glory one from boots. Is very black, very defined doesn't smudge and washes off.

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 19-Feb-14 15:47:06

The one I always go back to time and time again is Lash Power by Clinique (could be Power Lash - one of those two is def right!).

I get bored of it from time to time and try another, and always end up with ringed eyes.

But agree, try not doing mascara on the bottom lashes - I think it looks much better for a day time look, unless you're doing that teenaged spider-eyes thing which looks shit anyway .

AmIGoingMad Wed 19-Feb-14 15:48:13

Mac factor false lash effect (but I do use the waterproof one- its amazing and only shifts with the no7 eye make up remover!)

quirkychick Wed 19-Feb-14 15:49:57

I love lancome hypnose. Any lancome mascara really. But I do use waterproof as I have watery eyes.

I like the blotting technique, I definitely use less on lower lashes but need something, as mine are pathetic.

Optimist1 Wed 19-Feb-14 19:34:01

Thanks, ladies - lots of suggestions here for me. (And I've resolved to try the top lashes only effect next time I put my slap on!).

LJBanana Wed 19-Feb-14 19:38:03

Benefit 'they're real' is good. Liz Earle do a good bottom lash one too. They also do a great base coat for lashes to stop panda eyes.

Athrawes Wed 19-Feb-14 19:42:03

Lancome Doll Eyes.

procrastinatingagain Wed 19-Feb-14 19:44:10

I put mascara on my bottom lashes. I don't think I look odd. It depends on the individual. I found the bottom lash mascara a bit disappointing though.

GeorginaWorsley Wed 19-Feb-14 19:50:23

The only mascara that doesn't smudge on me is Benefit They're Real.
I had no luck with Cliniques bottom lash one at all.

pinkflaming0 Wed 19-Feb-14 20:57:04

I'm a recent convert to Blinc mascara (bought via Amazon) after asking for recommendations for a non smudging mascara on MN. I never wear mascara on my lower lashes but still always had smudges under my eyes by mid morning. But, no longer - I feel like it's transformed the way I look - less tired and younger, I love it smile

francesdrake Wed 19-Feb-14 21:01:36

I love Max Factor False Lash Effect, and S&G Thick and Fast, but I had a makeover the other day at the Armani counter in Selfridges, and the mascara the make-up artist used was amazing. as it should be, for twenty five quid

Victrix Thu 20-Feb-14 06:47:21

Boots No7 Stay Perfect- does that weird thing where nothing shifts it at all- but you only need warm water to remove it! Best one I've ever used.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now