Talk

Advanced search

Boden dress - advice needed

(17 Posts)
withaspongeandarustyspanner Wed 01-May-13 11:35:03

I've got a wedding coming up and I'm looking for a dress.

This is the sort of thing I'm looking for, but sometimes I can't tell if I've opted for something frumpy/mumsy and I'd like your opinions.

I'd like the Navy with orange or raspberry accessories.

What do you think? Or should I just eliminate it from my enquiries?

OneLittleLady Wed 01-May-13 12:11:49

I like the dress and think they navy would look great with raspberry accessories.I think it depends on if there's a any kind of dress code for the wedding in question though whether or not it's suitable.Personally, I wouldn't eliminate it entirely but would look and see if there was anything better I could get for my money and if not, look at again.

withaspongeandarustyspanner Wed 01-May-13 12:27:47

No - there's no dress code as far as I know. I like blue/navy and it suits me and I like the fifties style, but I'm not 100% convinced by it - but I haven't found anything else yet, either sad

MadAboutHotChoc Wed 01-May-13 15:42:48

The fabric is ponte which is thick and heavy so the dress is probably more suited as a work dress.

Try looking at House of Fraser online for more dresses.

Ruralninja Wed 01-May-13 15:47:34

sorry but I think its a wee bit dull... could you go more 50s / vintage? Maybe try Dollydagger and Pepperberry?

Orianne Wed 01-May-13 15:48:17

If you do decide to go for it there's 20% off if you use the code SIZE.

Plathism Wed 01-May-13 15:50:21

Agree the material makes it a bit more worky than weddingy, but I think navy with raspberry accessories would be lovely.

Bunbaker Wed 01-May-13 15:51:20

I really like that dress, but think it needs the right accessories to be dressy enough for a wedding.

MadAboutHotChoc Wed 01-May-13 15:55:29

Also you sound a bit meh about the dress - you should only ever buy clothes that you love smile

bella65 Wed 01-May-13 15:57:04

It's okay but there are much nicer 'best' dresses there.
I think that style would suit someone very tall and statuesque who is also quite slim. And it's a bit of a 'winter' dress IMO.

withaspongeandarustyspanner Thu 02-May-13 16:12:42

Hmm - I was statuesque and slim once, but not so much after 4 children.

And I wondered if it was a bit hot and heavy for June. I think you're right - there will be a better dress out there. I will have to keep looking. And stop eating cake.

freddiemisagreatshag Thu 02-May-13 16:13:41

If you like 1950's style dresses maybe look here?

MadBusLady Thu 02-May-13 16:20:43

Gaaah, why did I click on freddie's link? S&B is ruining me at the moment.

withaspongeandarustyspanner Thu 02-May-13 16:24:25

He he - I put the grace dress in midnight blue in my basket. Haven't proceeded to checkout yet, though I might. Very nice - thank you smile

freddiemisagreatshag Thu 02-May-13 16:31:11

I have two of the TigerMilly dresses. I am 5ft1andabit and a size 14 and they look fab. Even my 15 year old says so and she thinks I'm a terrible dresser because I'm her mum

MadAboutHotChoc Thu 02-May-13 16:39:54

That is a lovely dress, much more suited to a wedding smile

bella65 Thu 02-May-13 16:51:39

I'd call this a wedding-y dress

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Dresses/Above-Knee-Dresses/WH450/Womens-Marais-Dress.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now