Talk

Advanced search

Eye cream for very dry eyes

(17 Posts)
SydneyB Thu 21-Mar-13 10:19:02

I've developed very dry skin under my eyes, verging on Eczema I think, any tips for something gentle but effective?

2blessed2bstressed Thu 21-Mar-13 10:21:51

Will watch with interest as I have developed dry patches above eyes - above the crease of lid, below brow - again, almost eczema looking, and itchy sometimes....it's not attractive!

JumpHerWho Thu 21-Mar-13 11:40:38

Nivea blue pot, the thick basic cream. I use as a full face night cream a couple of times a week and every night around my eyes and mouth. Works wonders smile

snuffaluffagus Thu 21-Mar-13 11:47:40

I get exzcema on my eyelids etc. Nivea blue cream does sooth it but doesn't help it go away at all.. I use Aveeno moituriser as my daily moisturiser but that doesn't seem to help either. I'm thinking about asking my doc because I can't use eumovate near my eyes (which I would use on any other part of my body)! So, in summary.. I can't help but I feel your pain!

SofaCanary Thu 21-Mar-13 11:54:56

I've had this and it was a bugger to get rid of, the only thing that worked was a mild hydrocortisone cream from doc, 0.5% I think.

cedge Thu 21-Mar-13 12:26:28

Try jojoba oil... great moisturiser and full of antioxidants.

neriberi Thu 21-Mar-13 13:51:47

I get dry skin under my eyes, I use Decleor eye cream and it works a treat, I also use really gentle eye make-up removing pads instead of the usual eye removal stuff because it doesn't feel as if its stripping my skin away. And I'm really naughty and use a a really gentle toothbrush to exfoliate under my eyes. I only do it every now and again, I'm not entirely sure your meant to do it is all...

valiumredhead Thu 21-Mar-13 16:39:18

The Aldi eye cream is very rich and moisturising. It's about the only thing in there in the cosmetic range that gets my vote really,

cloutiedumpling Thu 21-Mar-13 17:12:40

I get this but try to avoid using the hydrocortisone cream too much as it can thin your skin. The best thing I've found is lansinoh. Yup. The nipple cream. I tried it in desperation one night after reading that it made a fab lip salve. It does make your skin shiny though so I only use it at night.

SydneyB Tue 26-Mar-13 10:41:24

So, I've been trying Boots Protect and Perfect eye cream but I've gone up an age group and am using the 45+ range. Glad to report early good results!

daimbardiva Tue 26-Mar-13 14:35:06

I've got this on my eyelids too - has come from nowhere, really strange. Great to have a use for that leftover lansinoh too!

Spookey80 Tue 26-Mar-13 15:08:21

I know someone up thread has said it didn't work, but after suffering with dry, irritated skin under my eyes nearly every day for years, I was recommended aveeno, which worked almost instantly and I now use most days. It has been a miracle for me, just by the simplest one, with no added anything. It is also inexpensive, I buy mine from boots.

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Tue 26-Mar-13 16:17:06

Which Aveeno cream is everyone trying please? I've got this and I'm trying to avoid steroids.

snuffaluffagus Wed 27-Mar-13 11:19:12

I use the lotion which is great on my very dry skin. I use it on my face, I used to have to slather E45 on before I started reacting to that.. then my sister put me onto this and it's great as a daily moisturiser and is good under makeup. It keeps my exzema prone skin happy, but when I have a break out (usually under my chin) I have to use something a bit stronger.

this one-
[http://www.aveeno.co.uk/products/daily-moisturising-lotion]

snuffaluffagus Wed 27-Mar-13 11:19:31

balls
www.aveeno.co.uk/products/daily-moisturising-lotion

Sarahh356 Wed 27-Mar-13 12:15:40

That's the one: Eye Lift by NutriWomen!!! Very good quality! I'm sure it would be helpful! http://amzn.to/14nTlDr

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Wed 27-Mar-13 12:49:38

Thank you, I appreciate it. I have steroid cream but I'm trying to avoid using it all the time so I might try that as an alternative.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now