Talk

Advanced search

Rigby & Peller or Bravissimo?

(12 Posts)
ggirl Sat 20-Aug-11 09:49:53

Anyone tried both and have an opinion?
Am large of cup and need new bra , pretty sure I am already wearing right size btw.

moragbellingham Sat 20-Aug-11 10:08:14

That would depend on your budget I think.
Don't R&P tend to stock bras which are more expensive than Bravissimo offerings i.e. £40-60 minimum

ggirl Sat 20-Aug-11 12:42:25

yes, but am willing to pay for one decent fabulous bra IF it's worth it
usually only spend £25-30

Truffkin Sat 20-Aug-11 12:49:23

I would say if you normally get your bras from Bravissimo and are happy with them, then a fitting and more expensive bra from R&P would be a lovely treat. I tend to get my day to day wear bras from Bravissimo and have used R&P for special occasions or when I'm feeling a bit flush. If you can afford to book in for their made to measure service, that is an experience that is well worth it.

ggirl Sat 20-Aug-11 13:05:26

Thanks truffkin, that's what I was wondering. So you can't just walk in and get fitted?
What happens if you do just turn up , is it just like any other shop and you try on yourself?

MrsRobertDuvall Sat 20-Aug-11 13:07:14

I have only been to R and P and it was wonderful.
How they just look at you and magically bring you the right bra.
I buy tshirt bras for £40 but also a couple of lacy jobs which were morewink

mychildrenarebarmy Sat 20-Aug-11 13:26:50

Definitely go with R + P if you want to get yourself one lovely, really well fitting set. I had vouchers for there a few years ago and bought one set. It was the most comfortable bra I have ever owned (36FF). I did have to book a time for fitting but was able to book it for that same day. I would love to use their made to measure service some time. The idea of having a bra made just for my strange shaped boobs sounds wonderful. If I am ever rich I will be doing that!

Earlybird Sat 20-Aug-11 14:14:36

Do you need an appointment at R&P to be fitted and advised?

I've only been in once, and it was a huge disappointment. Granted, it was during their sale and it was quite busy. I had to queue a good while for a dressing room (about 45 minutes), and was given very little advice/help - not the brilliant service I'd always heard about.

I left with one bra which fell apart (lacy 'sides' came away from the elastic) the second time it was washed. When I went back to complain, was told it was because I had put it in the machine (on delicate in a lingerie bag), when it should have been hand-washed only.

So - long way of saying - R&P was not great for me, though many rave.

ggirl Sat 20-Aug-11 15:18:48

ooh mixd reviews
think I will book an appt

MrsRobertDuvall Sat 20-Aug-11 15:21:02

Do not succumb to the little bits of lace they pass off as knickers @ £45 a pop.

ggirl Sat 20-Aug-11 15:32:24

I want a fabulous everyday bra , no kaks needed.

gailforce1 Sat 20-Aug-11 19:04:44

Had the most comfy bras ever after an appt with R&P. Not rushed and everything explained including why the bra I had worn to the appt did not fit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now