Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a A/W bag!

(10 Posts)
ChateauMargot Tue 16-Aug-11 23:02:10

Right. I'm 29, and it's time I had a proper, grown-up handbag. Something big enough to fit a book into, and preferably good for day and (casual) night.

My autumn/wintry coats are as follows:

- black bomber jacket with cream shearling lining
- muted grey/green slouchy parka (usually with skinny black jeans)
- one smart, long, dark green double-breasted coat - very classic and versatile, quite tailored

Any tips/suggestions? I have about £75 to spend and prefer stuff that's not too obviously 'high street' or mumsy. Not afraid of bright colours or edgy designs, but aiming for chic rather than trendy.

Please?? smile

madammecholet Wed 17-Aug-11 09:31:01

some bags in the sale

grey oushka bag

dark green Peony & Moore hobo

tabitha satchel

dark green Peony & Moore slouch bag

oushka dover in green

topshop grey suede

ChateauMargot Wed 17-Aug-11 10:28:52

Thanks for those! Am dashing out now but look forward to perusing this afternoon... smile

ChateauMargot Wed 17-Aug-11 13:11:49

Ooh, the second P&M one is quite nice...

HilaryDevey Wed 17-Aug-11 14:24:51

Love the Peony Moore green bag too its really really lovely....i am v tempted at that price too...<off to drag purse out of old knackered horrid handbag>smile

Like topshop one too, but suede a pain in the rain....

ChateauMargot Wed 17-Aug-11 16:28:26

Yes, I'm not so sure about the suede. Think leather is probably the way forward. I've been living out of a slouchy cotton Fat Face bag for over a year now, and though I love it I think I need something a bit more my age!

madammecholet Thu 18-Aug-11 17:31:46

Nothing nicer than a gorgeous leather bag imo....smile

pamplemousserose Thu 18-Aug-11 17:40:52

Some nice ones here

madammecholet Thu 18-Aug-11 18:22:49

I went to the Pia shop in Bath recently pamplemousserose, and the bags all looked like PU, I was really shocked when the sales lady said they were leather!

Not keen.

pamplemousserose Thu 18-Aug-11 18:57:43

Really? They look nice on line and reasonable price for leather.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now