Talk

Advanced search

These moisturising lotions that have built in tanning agent..

(15 Posts)
fartmeistergeneral Sat 16-Jul-11 11:45:03

do they work or am I delusional?

fustyarse Sat 16-Jul-11 11:47:06

the St Tropez version is v good. And doesn't stink.

fartmeistergeneral Sat 16-Jul-11 12:55:02

quite natural looking then? I'm quite tanned at the mo after a holiday abroad and want to keep it going as long as possible, don't want to ruin it with orangey colour.

ENormaSnob Sat 16-Jul-11 13:46:04

I find the garnier one as good as the st tropez.

Johnsons ones stinks.

Dove one quite nice.

Nivea one stinks.

fustyarse Sat 16-Jul-11 13:56:26

haven't tried the garnier one. Dove and Nivea do both reek.

St T is very natural looking. Would be a great tan extender actually.

Have also recently bought the St Moritz one - £3! Quite like it, although was very careful with it and the colour was subtle. Worth a shot...

ENormaSnob Sat 16-Jul-11 14:00:18

Oooh I use the saint moriz fake tan mousse.

I love it.

Didn't know they did a holiday skin one.

fustyarse Sat 16-Jul-11 16:54:49

oh no Norma - I just meant the mousse, although now I think of it I maybe did see some gradual tan by them too?

ednurse Sat 16-Jul-11 16:58:20

Garnier one is good. Often in 99p/£1 shops.

noddyholder Sat 16-Jul-11 18:21:11

I prefer real fake tan and then a layer of body moisturiser over the top once it has dried. I find this far less blotchy The cheap ones always smell and are blotchy and orange. If you fake tan then moisturise and shower in the morning I think it looks quite natural.

willybreeder Sun 17-Jul-11 09:23:23

I like the daily ones as I find them easy to apply - when I'm doing a proper self tan I have to be more careful. I use whatever ones on offer (usually buy1 get1 free) and always buy the medium - dark skin one despite being quite fair as it gives quicker results. The colour always looks natural.

RickGhastley Sun 17-Jul-11 09:40:00

Another vote for the san tropez one, was 1/3 off in boots recently and is the only self tan product Ive found that does not smell vile!

fartmeistergeneral Mon 18-Jul-11 16:52:49

Should you apply every day? Doesn't that make you go darker and darker? Not sure if it's making my skin a bit orangey, as I said, I had a base tan, but think it was a bit browner than I am now. Kind of just want to maintain a light brown colour. Don't want to do fake tan as such, bad experiences in the past, but thought the moisturiser one would be more subtle.

KristinaM Mon 18-Jul-11 20:18:21

Another vote for garnier summer body

fartmeistergeneral Mon 18-Jul-11 22:51:43

It's garnier I'm using actually, slightly orangey, but am only applying sparsley every few days.

daimbardiva Tue 19-Jul-11 10:05:35

I'm using the Dove one just now - smell much less objectionable than Johnson's. The colour is pretty subtle, but if you're starting with a tan that shouldsn't be a problem

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now