Talk

Advanced search

Is this a style miss?

(17 Posts)
FlabbyGleek Mon 27-Jun-11 14:09:42

Usually I like her style but this looks - to my not stylish eye! - frumpy!

Kate at Wimbledon

GetOrf Mon 27-Jun-11 14:11:49

No, I think that dress is great. She looks as lovely as always.

HappyAsIAm Mon 27-Jun-11 15:06:31

I think she looks fantastic. That dress would look awful on me with my big bottom and flat chest. Loooks fabulous on her.

TrilllianAstra Mon 27-Jun-11 15:16:18

It's an ok dress. Just ok. Neither a gorgeous dress nor a "who told her that looked good?" monstrosity.

LadyWord Mon 27-Jun-11 15:34:45

It kind of looks like a lampshade and yet doesn't look frumpy to me. I think it's here confidence and the fact that she smiles - she looks as if she loves her dress and that makes it work IYSWIM.

slug Mon 27-Jun-11 15:43:48

Good Lord that woman needs to put some weight on.

I feel more sorry for her husband who had to wear a suit even thought it was over 30 degrees.

snowmummy Mon 27-Jun-11 20:48:18

The dress isn't my cup of tea and she looks way too skinny

FlabbyGleek Mon 27-Jun-11 20:57:58

Think I need to lurk more on S&B to 'hone' my eye, then!

FrancesFarmer Mon 27-Jun-11 23:59:50

It's nice - her style has improved since she got married imo.

CaptainBizarro Tue 28-Jun-11 02:53:35

Love it - suits her very much. Love the straps, too.

Poor old Wills in a sports jacket and tie. angry <---- hot, as opposed to angry, face.

thestringcheeseincident Tue 28-Jun-11 06:44:57

I think it's okay.
I think she's way too skinny and it is making her look MUCH older than her years.

JennyWarrior Tue 28-Jun-11 07:22:20

She's become way too thin, in my opinion. I fear that she's on the verge of becoming skeletal.

Emo76 Tue 28-Jun-11 08:18:16

She is very slim but she looks very happy.

tulpe Tue 28-Jun-11 09:25:00

dress is okay and works because she is so slim. All those ruffles would emphasize even slightly bigger hips into unflattering proportions.

Agree with Ladyword - if someone looks confident they can get away with just about anything: head up, shoulders back, smiling and/or relaxed. One of the biggest style breakers for me is watching women fiddle with their clothes, constantly re-positioning, smoothing and fussing over themselves.

Her make up needs an overhaul though. That heavy eyeliner makes her look older than her years and like she needs a good nights' sleep. Either that or she has "morning sickness eyes"........just sayin'........

LadyClariceCannockMonty Tue 28-Jun-11 09:53:03

I think it's stiff and uncomfortable-looking, not light and breezy like a good summer dress should be. She's SO thin as well. Not healthy-looking.

celticlassie Tue 28-Jun-11 16:30:55

I think it's weird shaped and makes her look like she's wearing big bulky knickers or something. Also agree on the skinny thing - her head's started to look too big for her body.

Insomnia11 Tue 28-Jun-11 17:04:18

She looks thinner than I'd like to but I'd really, really like the dress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now