Advanced search

Behavioural optometrist

(4 Posts)
rrbrigi Mon 25-Feb-13 18:33:44


Do you know if my son can see a Behavioural optometrist through NHS?
If yes, please could you recommend one in West Sussex? If not, please could you recommend a private one?

Also, please tell me any success story with vision therapy and squint and lazy eyes.


LynetteScavo Mon 25-Feb-13 18:38:08

OK, I can't be much help as I have paid privately for a BO, and it wasn't for squint/lazy eye.

DS was, however, treated on the NHS at our local hospital for 6 years (two years of patches, and then exercises) for his lazy eye.

mrsbaffled Sun 24-Mar-13 09:23:26

I may be wrong but I think vision therapy through a BO is only available in Essex. My DS had serious tracking problems that were fully fixed by VT. we went private, but it was worth it IMHO.
Look at BABO website for a list of BOs. I have heard some aren't as good as others, so see if you can get a recommendation from someone. We were in north bucks and our BO was excellent.

luckettes Mon 15-Apr-13 22:21:08

rrbrigi - did you find and see a BO in the end? I am looking at either Mrs Burns (Worthing) or Mr Leigh (Petersfield)? Would be interested in feeedback. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: