Page 3 | I want honest answers only...

(54 Posts)
mumma90 Mon 18-Jan-21 12:18:56

When your first finally slept through; when you felt you finally got a tiny wee bit of your evenings back; when you felt "normal" again...with all that in mind ...when did you decide "oh let's try for another".

What happened and how did it pan out?

I'm asking because I'm torn having another and rocking the tiny, resemblance of a boat that was me and hubby before we had our glorious DD.

Honest answers only...

OP’s posts: |
theantsgomarchin Wed 20-Jan-21 15:36:28

mumma90

Thank you again to you all for your honest answers.

I'm also really thankful to all those who have been honest as to why they are sticking with one. I also think there is a prerequisite to have "two"....

I am still on the fence.

I see so many positives to having just one. And I don't want to just have another so DD can have a sibling .....number two might be the worst sleeper ever!!!! And I'd rather be fun Mum for my DD and do everything with her ......

Very good way of looking at it.

Not to play devils advocate, but if you'd like DD to have a sibling, not having one because you're worried about them being a bad sleeper doesn't seem to outweigh the positive sibling aspect to me. The baby / toddler years are incredibly short in the grand scheme of things, and siblings will be around forever.

Of course there's no guarantee they will even get on, so this isn't my trying to convince you either way. Just feel like the sleep deprivation years are so short, if that's the only thing putting you off, personally I'm not convinced it outweighs the positives

Sandrine1982 Thu 21-Jan-21 12:20:25

Our DD started sleeping longer stretches around 12 months when she started walking properly and attending nursery. Now at 17months she sleeps through 6 nights out of 7 (in my dictionary, that means sleeping from around 8pm till 6am without our assistance / intervention). Her first year was horrendous though, in terms of sleep. This, as well as other factors, had left me with a pretty bad postpartum depression that I'm still battling with.
Therefore she will be our only child ....

mumma90 Fri 22-Jan-21 02:14:10

@Sandrine1982 thank you for your reply and sharing such an honest response. I'm still very torn to have another....

OP’s posts: |
Isababybel Fri 22-Jan-21 12:23:45

Sandrine1982

Our DD started sleeping longer stretches around 12 months when she started walking properly and attending nursery. Now at 17months she sleeps through 6 nights out of 7 (in my dictionary, that means sleeping from around 8pm till 6am without our assistance / intervention). Her first year was horrendous though, in terms of sleep. This, as well as other factors, had left me with a pretty bad postpartum depression that I'm still battling with.
Therefore she will be our only child ....

Im with you im afraid, having another baby would be like throwing myself back into a huge black hole that im only just slowly emerging from!! Firmly in camp "one and done". I genuinely have no idea why people go on to have another but i also dont know what its like to have a baby without crippling PND..confused

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in