Talk

Advanced search

I'm so touch-starved!

(39 Posts)
jasminepeony Sun 17-May-20 18:22:23

I'm guessing a lot of us are in the same boat. Me and partner don't live together but we're only 10 minutes away from each other. We've both been sensible following lockdown guidelines, only meeting up for walks in the park but keeping our distance. I'm just finding it hard now. I have no idea when I'll be allowed to touch him again or just see him on a regular basis, cuddle up to him on the sofa, kiss and sleep with him.

Sometimes I think "should I just risk it? should I just throw my arms round him and kiss him?" but so far I haven't acted on this. I'm hoping I can resist temptation - it would just easier if I knew when exactly I would be able to touch him again. It's been 8 weeks so far and I'm starting to fear it will be another 8 weeks... I'm forgetting what he smells like.

OP’s posts: |
itsniceoopnorth Sun 17-May-20 18:27:48

What ? Are you serious ? Honestly if this is serious get a grip .... in more ways than one

dollface19 Sun 17-May-20 18:28:33

Go on the thread about not seeing partners in relationships... ignore pp

TopShelf Sun 17-May-20 18:44:18

Who knew we have thread police now.
Ignore the attention seekers, op.

I can understand exactly why you mean, I feel the same way.
Goodness knows when things will be normal,
and we can get back to touching again.
I've found it doesn't bear dwelling on.

sammylady37 Sun 17-May-20 18:52:00

Ignore the first response, it’s unnecessarily bitchy.

I know exactly what you mean. Human touch is so important. It’s awful to be deprived of it.

Mascotte Sun 17-May-20 18:55:19

Yes @jasminepeony, pop on to the thread dollface mentioned 😊

Lsquiggles Sun 17-May-20 19:00:31

Why don't you move in together?

user1471453601 Sun 17-May-20 19:00:45

I'm not even in a relationship, but I can relate. I was thinking the other day about the babies from the orphanages in the eastern blivk, i

user1471453601 Sun 17-May-20 19:04:54

To finish (accidentally pressed send) Eastern block who were said to die from lack of touch. I think I understand a tiny bit better. The last person I hugged was a friend at the beginning of March.

I really, really would like a nice safe hug

KylieKoKo Sun 17-May-20 19:18:22

I have enormous sympathy for those who can't see their partners at this time. I'd hate to be apart from dp. I don't know why the first response was so nasty. Perhaps the poster has forgotten how to be a nice person due to lack of contact with others

MrMeeseekscando Sun 17-May-20 19:19:05

Im getting increasingly annoyed with people saying "Move in with each other" like it isn't an enormous life commitment.
I'm seeing mine tomorrow. We've discussed it and we won't be observing social distance.
He lives alone and I'm rarely within 2m of the people I live with.
We've had enough of it. I can sit all day less than 2m from someone I work with, but not see him?
Nah. I'm done with it.

dollface19 Sun 17-May-20 19:19:54

N who ever asking silly questions like why don't u just move in togther ? It's not that easy ! Like distance work children etc 🙄

sammylady37 Sun 17-May-20 19:20:18

Why don't you move in together

Maybe they’re not at that stage in their relationship and didn’t want to make a hasty decision at the start of lockdown

YesNoYesMaybe Sun 17-May-20 19:20:45

Can you not live together for a while ?

dollface19 Sun 17-May-20 19:21:42

@MrMeeseekscando 🙌🏼🙌🏼 I wish I could mine ! We still observe 2m once a week in garden but it's getting harder n harder

We both hav dc so unsure right now! Do U have dc ?

Mascotte Sun 17-May-20 19:24:39

For many people there's no difference in risk between living together and seeing each other normally.

It's getting to me this "why don't you just move in?" stuff.

walksen Sun 17-May-20 19:31:34

Well honestly if bubbles of 16 people who dont live together and dont have to socially distance is perfectly safe, what difference does a bubble of 2 make?

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Sun 17-May-20 19:36:47

I'm the opposite, I'm touched out. My dc have all become extra cuddly during lockdown, even my 10yo who'd started avoiding a cuddle & kiss at the school gate so this is actually quite nice. It's very draining. I can completely see that having the polar opposite would be awful though jasmine, I really hope you're able to hug your dp very soon flowerscake

sociallydistained Sun 17-May-20 19:41:35

Just see each other if you deem the risk small which is probably is? I'm seeing my partner after 8 weeks apart next weekend. Enough is enough now. We both live alone and I'm not working (he is working but in a very solitary role where he doesn't see anyone). It doesn't look on the governments plan that we will be able to touch each other anytime soon.

CoachBombay Sun 17-May-20 20:18:32

I invited a fwb round the other night because I had also reached my limit with no human touch or contact and social distancing.

The sexual frustration was getting all a bit too much also I won't lie. 😳

Flumo Sun 17-May-20 20:22:54

Go for it!!!

fortunacookie Sun 17-May-20 21:49:34

At the end of the day we are all responsible for our own lives and our happiness too...I say go for it ... what harm can it possibly do ??

Mascotte Sun 17-May-20 21:50:13

@fortunacookie exactly

derelictwreck Sun 17-May-20 22:38:35

I gave up this week OP and have seen mine properly. Once lockdown was lifted a bit so so many people could go back to work, it was just too hard and seemed unnecessary to keep our distance

GuiltyBark Sun 17-May-20 22:42:20

Just go and see him.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in